Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Oh I saw it?

And when the hypocrisy of those here who also condemned every protester last year for BLM because of the 'assholes that took the opportunity to show how ignorant they really are", you don't get to claim that bullshit of "but there are always a few assholes in a crowd, they don't represent the all".

Every one of them is a piece of shit for not stopping any of the 'assholes' in their group from being assholes.
The same applies true to BLM then. Every one of them is a piece of shit for not stopping any of their group from being assholes.

I do think you need to read up about mob mentality and how it works. I don't think there was anybody watching every single protester at this rally or a BLM rally.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The same applies true to BLM then. Every one of them is a piece of shit for not stopping any of their group from being assholes.

I do think you need to read up about mob mentality and how it works. I don't think there was anybody watching every single protester at this rally or a BLM rally.

Except this STARTED with the BLM stuff last year.

This was already applied to BLM.

And people here, several of them, condemned EVERY single person present regardless if they did anything or not.

So if that's how protests are now, then every one that was there yesterday supports Nazism, Racism, etc, etc.

No exceptions.

FWIW, I have never stood for nor argued for the every single person is guilty either; my stance last year was there were assholes at BLM protests turning it into the riots but not every person there was that way/belief. And it was repeatedly told that "No they all are".

The stuff yesterday WAS relatively peaceful and I'm GLAD a lot of the uncertainty/fear people had turned out to be this time a dud. I don't support the whole thing, but they have the right to peacefully protest. They did; awesome. But the shit that was done, by the rules of those here, what one did, all did. So they're all racist, Nazi assholes from the actual people to the ones who did nothing to stop them.

If I have read up on mob mentality, please share that book link to others here.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So. . . when they storm Parliament, what's our White Right contingent gonna go with? Denying that it happened, or saying they were right to do it?

Course, nothing's stopping 'em from saying both. . .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So. . . when they storm Parliament, what's our White Right contingent gonna go with? Denying that it happened, or saying they were right to do it?

Both probably.

But if you look back to Jan 6th, sadly some Canadians were present at the storming of the Capitol, too.

So I guess this is a supportive effort on both sides... :(

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
…..& it’s wrong, & it shouldn’t have happened. I’m doubting that somebody was able to do that to the Terry Fox statue from the driver seat of a 18 wheeler, but it’s wrong & it shouldn’t have happened….

But it’s not the only statue in the last two years to have somebody perform some hanky-panky to it. Many have been destroyed completely or spray paint it and then ripped down with vehicles…. So is anybody aware of anybody being actually punished in the last two years regarding one of these many statues that’s been defaced or destroyed? Just curious…
It maybe it shouldn’t of happened , but come on , they did not damage it . It is just the media making hay , and that and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were the only things they could find to disparage the protestors . They spent the last week predicting violence and this is the only negative they can find . Rest assured it was plastered all over their reporting .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You're a Liar and stock photos

I find it hit and miss. There is definitely disruption but some days some things are missing other times its other things. I know Kellogs is having a labour disruption now so that means sometimes their cereal is hard to find (went 2 months without Raisin Bran). But its not every day everything is empty. And yes, I have slightly extra stock of stuff just in case as well.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh I saw it?

And when the hypocrisy of those here who also condemned every protester last year for BLM because of the 'assholes that took the opportunity to show how ignorant they really are", you don't get to claim that bullshit of "but there are always a few assholes in a crowd, they don't represent the all".

Every one of them is a piece of shit for not stopping any of the 'assholes' in their group from being assholes.
Okay . Keep the hate on . Those are your friends and neighbours out there protesting , keep the hate on.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Not going to happen , but if it did the majority would be of brown South aAsian decent .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So, this convoy coming from many different directions was timed so that it would arrive at approximately Saturday the 29th, so that it would be there for the opening of parliament on the 31st…. And they chose Ottawa because that’s where Parliament is.

Trudeau is conveniently self isolating, so he won’t be there Monday but he has no reason not to be there Tuesday Feb 1st. Knowing that some of these people have driven 4000+ kilometres so they could be at parliament when Trudeau is actually there…. Would they leave before parliament opens? Does that fit the narrative?? And yet this:

It's not clear how long the protesters intend on staying. Ottawa police Chief Peter Sloly has said any decision to bring the protest to a close or let it extend beyond the weekend would be based on public safety.

On Sunday, police said they were working to get some protesters who wanted to leave out of the traffic congestion.

Uncertainty around the protest's duration comes as the House of Commons is set to resume sitting on Monday following the holiday break.

CBC, thank you for that in-depth insight.

Staying home for five days will mean the prime minister will not be able to appear in person when the House of Commons returns Monday from its winter break.

As well, the prime minister will be confined at home when a truckers convoy begins to arrive in Ottawa on Friday, although Trudeau’s self-isolation will end as the protests extend into next week. Convoy organizers are pushing for the federal government to repeal all vaccine mandates.

Ottawa Public Health guidelines say anyone who does not have symptoms of COVID-19 and tests negative on a rapid antigen test does not need to self-isolate unless they are doing so because of a close contact, like a symptomatic household member.

Trudeau is fully vaccinated and received his booster shot at a local Ottawa pharmacy three weeks ago.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, this convoy coming from many different directions was timed so that it would arrive at approximately Saturday the 29th, so that it would be there for the opening of parliament on the 31st…. And they chose Ottawa because that’s where Parliament is.

Trudeau is conveniently self isolating, so he won’t be there Monday but he has no reason not to be there Tuesday Feb 1st. Knowing that some of these people have driven 4000+ kilometres so they could be at parliament when Trudeau is actually there…. Would they leave before parliament opens? Does that fit the narrative?? And yet this:

It's not clear how long the protesters intend on staying. Ottawa police Chief Peter Sloly has said any decision to bring the protest to a close or let it extend beyond the weekend would be based on public safety.

On Sunday, police said they were working to get some protesters who wanted to leave out of the traffic congestion.

Uncertainty around the protest's duration comes as the House of Commons is set to resume sitting on Monday following the holiday break.

CBC, thank you for that in-depth insight.

The only issue with this is that Trudeau is "conveniently" isolating. His kid has Covid. If my kid had Covid I'd be with them too, even if I didn't have to isolate.

But I am of the opinion that Trudeau can't hide over this (possible security threat aside as there WERE posts out there threatening violence). He needs to step up. Not that I expect him to, he's a dick like that.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I find it hit and miss. There is definitely disruption but some days some things are missing other times its other things. I know Kellogs is having a labour disruption now so that means sometimes their cereal is hard to find (went 2 months without Raisin Bran). But its not every day everything is empty. And yes, I have slightly extra stock of stuff just in case as well.
That's my take on it too. It's isolated brands, not widespread general shortages. Looks more like a disruption at the manufacturing end and not a supply chain issue.

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That's my take on it too. It's isolated brands, not widespread general shortages. Looks more like a disruption at the manufacturing end and not a supply chain issue.

A week or so ago I was watching a report on how there is a shortage of chips (not the food kind).

The reason?

NOT supply chain.

Rather it was that at one point there was a 30 stockpile roughly of chips to be had, but about the same time Covid happened, demand for the chips increased.

And the makers of the chip did not increase for the demand, leading to the chips now being 2 weeks lagging in supply.

I think this might be a more common situation than actual supply chain per say.