Things Trump Did Right

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I can think of three off the top of my head.

1. Punishing Syria for using NBC weapons. 59 cruise missiles, lotsa boom, significant damage to an airbase, no 20-year commitment to a war where we had no business. This was very early in his term, and it raised my eyebrows.

2. Warp Speed - the Trump vaccine. A crash program to develop vaccines just made sense.

3. Negotiating an end to the Forever War in Afghanistan. It was unwinnable, we didn't even have a definition of victory, and we had been there far too long.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
4. Moved the capital of Israel

5. Killing the Iran terrorist

6. Meeting with Leader of N Korea to work out a peace deal

7. Remain in Mexico policy which I will tell you is a fuck of a lot better then being held in a US Detention Center waiting for a court hearing..

Mexico had camps and refugees held in places where they had the freedom to come and go as they please and find work..

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
4. He didn't do that.

5. Agreed.

6. What peace deal?

7. Possibly. Too complex and only a part of a fucked-up immigration policy that is the EQUAL fault of both parties.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yes, we banned refugees from Germany during WWII on the same grounds.

Ain't we great?
Yes, because importing people from a country you're engaged in total war with is just a brilliant idea. So is importing people from countries your country had been continuously bombing for the better part of 15 years.
And if you're referring to any German Jews, well the US was far from alone in banning them.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well he did make sure his whole family came out of it rich, and he managed to keep the courts off his ass for a while.
Courts off his ass for what? All the trumped up bullshit the Democrats made up? As for coming out if it rich, maybe ask yourself how people making less than $200,000/yr are fucking multi-millionaires who've been in govt for decades.
Look at Trudeau's previous Finance Minister. The fucking guy tried to vote on a bill he drafted and supported that would nicely enrich his family's wealth even more. Nancy Pelosi's husband is either a fucking savant when it comes to the timing of his stock transactions or he's getting insider info from his wife based on what govt policies are going to be enacted.

Then there's the 14 members of Congress who are in GROSS violation of the STOCK Act (about half of 'em are Democrats). But yeah, Trump was the only greedy, self-serving asshole in the US govt. Give your TDS a fucking rest.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
My understanding is that Trump was poorer when he left office than when he went in. Not sure about the rest of the family.
About his taxes etc, if he has to show his, every member of government should also have to....and you know that won't happen.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What happen.. T-Bones started to realize Trump was awesome 👏
Trump was, and is, an ass, and a dangerous sociopath. Frankly, I attribute what little good he did to good advising, before he drove off or fired every competent advisor he had.

Still, our tradition is to credit or blame the president personally for everything his administration does, so there you go.