McMichael/Bryan Trial

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If I were the defense attorney, here's how I'd play it. . .

The McMichaels were effecting a citizen's arrest, which they are entitled under Georgia law to do.

They were armed with shotguns, which is perfectly legal in Georgia.

They "followed Arbery" on public property, which they had every legal right to be on.

Their words to Arbery were perfectly within their rights to say, under the First Amendment.

Arbery made a threatening move toward Travis McMichael, attempting to grab his gun, just as Rosenbaum did to Rittenhouse.

Ergo, McMichael shooting Arbery was self-defense. Just like Rittenhouse.

Should play well to a Georgia jury.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If I were the defense attorney, here's how I'd play it. . .

The McMichaels were effecting a citizen's arrest, which they are entitled under Georgia law to do.

They were armed with shotguns, which is perfectly legal in Georgia.

They "followed Arbery" on public property, which they had every legal right to be on.

Their words to Arbery were perfectly within their rights to say, under the First Amendment.

Arbery made a threatening move toward Travis McMichael, attempting to grab his gun, just as Rosenbaum did to Rittenhouse.

Ergo, McMichael shooting Arbery was self-defense. Just like Rittenhouse.

Should play well to a Georgia jury.
Are blacks allowed to be on juries involving whites in Georgia.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If the three people that I worked with that come from Georgia are any indication they are not racist. They seem to hate everyone equally.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If the three people that I worked with that come from Georgia are any indication they are not racist. They seem to hate everyone equally.
The fact that they ain't in Georgia should tip you off to them being atypical.

How are they supposed find spouses so far away from their kinfolk?