Will Biden Really Stand Up to China?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

PDF
To be practical China has more "muscle" than the U.S., Canada and Britain combined. The best we can do is make life miserable for them, BUT there are very few races tougher than the Chinese, so over time they'd slowly wear us down. Dropping a bomb on them wouldn't be prudent!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

PDF
On the plus side it sounds like our P.M. had the first reasonable conversation with a U.S. President in well over 4 years. They seem to agree on the main remaining issues. (Haven't heard of any belated Tweets) :)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
To be practical China has more "muscle" than the U.S., Canada and Britain combined. The best we can do is make life miserable for them, BUT there are very few races tougher than the Chinese, so over time they'd slowly wear us down. Dropping a bomb on them wouldn't be prudent!
He's too tired and busy to worry about this right?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
On the plus side it sounds like our P.M. had the first reasonable conversation with a U.S. President in well over 4 years. They seem to agree on the main remaining issues. (Haven't heard of any belated Tweets) :)
No mention of Keystone XL just a Trump bash pretty much

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes a reasonable conversation .
Biden campaigned on a promise to scrap Keystone and got on it the first day, so I think expecting anything different is futile. Better to save your energy for the ones you might win.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I agree but Trudie didn't even mention XL
Which was wise! Biden made it abundantly clear on Jan. 21 the matter was settled, anyone with half a brain can see you don't piss off the first day you take power and for a considerable time there after.

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
I am really hoping that he does. I mean, as president of America, I think he will. I don't think that America will abide by China. They are indeed more influential in the world and I think bowing down to China ain't it. China can do all that they want but not conquer or step on the influence that the USA has. I think Biden will protect that, I hope so.

Reactions: Twin_Moose