The Lincoln Project

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
The Lincoln Project is a movement founded by Republicans determined to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election. They put out videos on a regular basis which are powerful and on point. With multiple groups of Republicans against Trump having organized, one has to wonder if he's feeling the heat.

This video is a good one to start off with, since the insanity all began in 2016:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Who would you trust?

I would definitely trust the "established political elite" who are ONLY looking to keep their "eliteness" to themselves.

Can't have some rogue coming along and upsetting the pig troughs they worked so hard to establish for themselves and their cronies.

Look at Bill Clinton. Despite being a multi-millionaire, he's still dipping into funds for millions of dollars that are intended to prevent former presidents from slipping into poverty. He used them to help publish his book in 2004. He used them to pay people working at his "foundation" None of that is illegal per se, he's just being super f*cking greedy and a little unethical about it. That's just one example of the kind of gravy train the "EPE's are terrified of losing out on.

Do you think taxpayers should have to help to pay to publish a former President's book or pay staff at his foundation?

Reactions: Mowich

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
I would definitely trust the "established political elite" who are ONLY looking to keep their "eliteness" to themselves.
Can't have some rogue coming along and upsetting the pig troughs they worked so hard to establish for themselves and their cronies.
Look at Bill Clinton. Despite being a multi-millionaire, he's still dipping into funds for millions of dollars that are intended to prevent former presidents from slipping into poverty. He used them to help publish his book in 2004. He used them to pay people working at his "foundation" None of that is illegal per se, he's just being super f*cking greedy and a little unethical about it. That's just one example of the kind of gravy train the "EPE's are terrified of losing out on.
Do you think taxpayers should have to help to pay to publish a former President's book or pay staff at his foundation?

While Trump may not be a part of the "established" political elite one could argue that he too looks out for number one, himself, and has taken a sizable space at the proverbial trough with his business/brand benefiting from his Presidency.

And no I don't think that taxpayers should pay for a former President to publish a book or pay private staff, anymore than I think taxpayers should pay for a current President to play golf at his privately owned golf courses.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
While Trump may not be a part of the "established" political elite one could argue that he too looks out for number one, himself, and has taken a sizable space at the proverbial trough with his business/brand benefiting from his Presidency.

And no I don't think that taxpayers should pay for a former President to publish a book or pay private staff, anymore than I think taxpayers should pay for a current President to play golf at his privately owned golf courses.
Rich people have never had a better friend in office than Trump.

The tax cut is manna from heaven.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The Lincoln Project is a movement founded by Republicans determined to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election. They put out videos on a regular basis which are powerful and on point. With multiple groups of Republicans against Trump having organized, one has to wonder if he's feeling the heat.
This video is a good one to start off with, since the insanity all began in 2016:

Cannibalism at its finest.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No they shouldn't have, but here we are staring down the gun barrel of a potential second term.
Lindsay Graham March, 2016:

We? I'm not, I'm not american, didnt think you were either. As far as Canada is concerned, neither trump or Biden matter.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This is sour grapes from a minority of republicans. Not much different than Bernier up here.