Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
No growth stock pays dividends.

You are only displaying your ignorance at this point.

Buy all the nergy stocks you want. I personally don't unsderstand why anyone would, but it does not mean that climate change is a hoax or anything along those lines.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
No growth stock pays dividends.
You are only displaying your ignorance at this point.

You go ahead and buy Tesla shares right now at 700 and see how much growth their is after the next earning report. Why do you think Musk is pushing for an end to Covid restrictions?

Energy stocks pay dividends and will grow after this thing is over.

Have a nice day.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Income, Value, and Growth Stocks
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080113/income-value-and-growth-stocks.asp
Give this a read. Imagine how smart you are going to be about stocks once you actually know the first thing about them.

Are you buying Tesla stock today?

Do you own any at all?

I do okay with stocks but can’t claim to be a big player like you or others here.

The best I ever did was buying some canopy growth when it was about a buck and got out before legalization.

But go ahead, keep calling me stupid.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I have mentioned a number of times that I do not own any stocks to speak of. I have found them to be too risky and have no want or need to risk money on them and I really don't want to sacrifice any of my time thinking about them.

That said the performance of Tesla as a stock remains the same.

My owning or not owning has no effect on it at all!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Some expert you are.
Just some guy on a small forum pretending to be big.

Do you understand what shorting a stock means, what it entails?...Like I said, go on and buy into Tesla and roll the dice, it makes no difference to me if you win or lose, but ultimately, you would be wise to have a basic understanding of the underlying value of the company in order to believe you have some kind of back stop

NOTE: TSLA has never, ever, generated a real profit that could be distributed to share holders and has been incurring ridiculous amounts of debt... So, jump into the mix bud and put your money where your mouth is before you pretend to be an authority

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Do you understand what shorting a stock means, what it entails?...Like I said, go on and buy into Tesla and roll the dice, it makes no difference to me if you win or lose, but ultimately, you would be wise to have a basic understanding of the underlying value of the company in order to believe you have some kind of back stop
NOTE: TSLA has never, ever, generated a real profit that could be distributed to share holders and has been incurring ridiculous amounts of debt... So, jump into the mix bud and put your money where your mouth is before you pretend to be an authority

That’s all lovely big time investor worth billions who didn’t make a dime off of it when you could have.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
I have mentioned a number of times that I do not own any stocks to speak of. I have found them to be too risky and have no want or need to risk money on them and I really don't want to sacrifice any of my time thinking about them.

Didn’t think so.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Everyone has their own practices and preferences.... If you had ever been active in the market, you'd understand
Are you buying Tesla stock today?
Do you own any at all?
I do okay with stocks but can’t claim to be a big player like you or others here.
The best I ever did was buying some canopy growth when it was about a buck and got out before legalization.
But go ahead, keep calling me stupid.

Eyes not working today?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Big words from someone with no skin in the game. Tesla is not a holding stock simply because it does not pay dividends. It is a decent speculative stock. But as with all speculative stocks you really have to watch it and buy low , sell high. This is just too much for the average person with a few bucks to do.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Tesla stock tanks after Musk tweets price is 'too high'

I think he wants the stocks to go down so he can buy more of them, interesting eh Hoid?

The tweet came amidst a string of tweets starting with an announcement that he was "Selling almost all my physical possessions" and "Will own no house," followed by lyrics from the US national anthem and another tweet indicating that his girlfriend, pop singer Grimes, "is mad at me."

After the stock price tweet, he then tweeted "Now give people back their FREEDOM," an apparent reference to coronavirus lockdowns that Musk has long protested.
In October 2018, Musked reached an agreement with the SEC that anything he tweeted that could impact the company's stock price would be reviewed before the Tweet was sent. That was after Musk had tweeted that he had a deal to take the company private which, it later turned out, he did not.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Big words from someone with no skin in the game. Tesla is not a holding stock simply because it does not pay dividends. It is a decent speculative stock. But as with all speculative stocks you really have to watch it and buy low , sell high. This is just too much for the average person with a few bucks to do.

Might be a buy at the end of the year.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You and Avro need to team up.

The two of you have similar skill levels.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Tesla Walks Tall Through The Ruins Of The Automotive Industry

https://www.forbes.com/sites/enriqu...uins-of-the-automotive-industry/#11268d92474c

Everybody has an opinion about Tesla TSLA. A few months ago, I remember some of my students’ outrage on a senior management course I teach at IE Business School when I told them I believed the company had a great future. The reason? In an earlier class, their strategy professor had been predicting imminent bankruptcy.

I suppose that teacher, like Bob Lutz at the time, will be unable to explain why last Wednesday Tesla announced another quarter of positive results. This isn’t financial engineering: these are GAAP-compliant results. We’re talking about real earnings, real profits, real money, in a quarter that also corresponds to the expiration of federal tax incentives for the brand’s customers. So much for those who used to say that electric cars would only be attractive when heavily subsidized.

We should also remember that these results came at a difficult time, during the coronavirus pandemic, when the world economy came to a halt and the company was forced to close its factory in Fremont for a good part of the time. What’s more, “inexplicably”, this is Tesla’s third-consecutive quarter in the black.

Three months of trying to figure out the unexplainable is bad for the health. But even so, I have no sympathy whatsoever for my colleague who teaches strategy, or for the other doomsayers who predicted Tesla’s failure. Let me say here that I don’t own shares in the company, but I do run one of its cars. More importantly, Tesla’s success is forcing traditional carmakers to transition to electric vehicles, which is good news for everyone, because, as we now know,”electric vehicles pollute more” just isn’t true. Tesla is a conundrum for its critics: their arguments just don’t wash.

Having produced more than a million vehicles, Tesla is is set to change the evolution of the automotive industry. The pandemic is hitting traditional manufacturers and their supply chains with huge losses: last month, Ford Motor Company F said it would draw down US$15.4 billion from two of its revolving credit lines and suspend a dividend payment: $13.4 billion of its corporate credit line, along with $2 billion more of a supplemental credit line, and could only stand by as it was cut to junk by S&P. GM CEO Mary Barra has announced austerity measures and has drawn down $16 billion in credit. Volkswagen and other European manufacturers such as BMW and Fiat Chrysler face the gloomy predictions of analysts who say the industry’s crisis is worsening due to closures, hitting supply chains in the process.

The reaction of traditional manufacturers to this crisis has been to cancel their cutting-edge projects and go back to basics, to focus on a technology that more and more people view with misgivings and concern. The lockdown and clean air we’ve been enjoying is prompting more and more of us to think about acquiring an electric vehicle. How clean would the skies of our cities be if electric vehicles were widely adopted?

While traditional motor manufacturers continue to suffer, Tesla runs like clockwork. On April 29, its share price passed $800, and it’s now valued at more than $145 billion and the company has announced that it will meet its delivery targets of half a million vehicles for this year, despite the pandemic. The Model 3 continues to break records, the Model Y looks like it could go the same way, and the company continues to provide them with more and more features, which their owners enjoy even if they purchased their vehicles long ago. While its competitors are struggling with all kinds of problems, Tesla is sitting on $8 billion in cash reserves, lowering its manufacturing costs and increasing its margins, while strengthening its solar roof and battery manufacturing and installation business.

Should we still be surprised? Not really, Tesla owes its success to common sense and strategy. Which is more than can be said about its critics and those seeking to get rich by trying to short its shares.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Tesla Walks Tall Through The Ruins Of The Automotive Industry

https://www.forbes.com/sites/enriqu...uins-of-the-automotive-industry/#11268d92474c

Everybody has an opinion about Tesla TSLA. A few months ago, I remember some of my students’ outrage on a senior management course I teach at IE Business School when I told them I believed the company had a great future. The reason? In an earlier class, their strategy professor had been predicting imminent bankruptcy.

I suppose that teacher, like Bob Lutz at the time, will be unable to explain why last Wednesday Tesla announced another quarter of positive results. This isn’t financial engineering: these are GAAP-compliant results. We’re talking about real earnings, real profits, real money, in a quarter that also corresponds to the expiration of federal tax incentives for the brand’s customers. So much for those who used to say that electric cars would only be attractive when heavily subsidized.

We should also remember that these results came at a difficult time, during the coronavirus pandemic, when the world economy came to a halt and the company was forced to close its factory in Fremont for a good part of the time. What’s more, “inexplicably”, this is Tesla’s third-consecutive quarter in the black.

Three months of trying to figure out the unexplainable is bad for the health. But even so, I have no sympathy whatsoever for my colleague who teaches strategy, or for the other doomsayers who predicted Tesla’s failure. Let me say here that I don’t own shares in the company, but I do run one of its cars. More importantly, Tesla’s success is forcing traditional carmakers to transition to electric vehicles, which is good news for everyone, because, as we now know,”electric vehicles pollute more” just isn’t true. Tesla is a conundrum for its critics: their arguments just don’t wash.

Having produced more than a million vehicles, Tesla is is set to change the evolution of the automotive industry. The pandemic is hitting traditional manufacturers and their supply chains with huge losses: last month, Ford Motor Company F said it would draw down US$15.4 billion from two of its revolving credit lines and suspend a dividend payment: $13.4 billion of its corporate credit line, along with $2 billion more of a supplemental credit line, and could only stand by as it was cut to junk by S&P. GM CEO Mary Barra has announced austerity measures and has drawn down $16 billion in credit. Volkswagen and other European manufacturers such as BMW and Fiat Chrysler face the gloomy predictions of analysts who say the industry’s crisis is worsening due to closures, hitting supply chains in the process.

The reaction of traditional manufacturers to this crisis has been to cancel their cutting-edge projects and go back to basics, to focus on a technology that more and more people view with misgivings and concern. The lockdown and clean air we’ve been enjoying is prompting more and more of us to think about acquiring an electric vehicle. How clean would the skies of our cities be if electric vehicles were widely adopted?

While traditional motor manufacturers continue to suffer, Tesla runs like clockwork. On April 29, its share price passed $800, and it’s now valued at more than $145 billion and the company has announced that it will meet its delivery targets of half a million vehicles for this year, despite the pandemic. The Model 3 continues to break records, the Model Y looks like it could go the same way, and the company continues to provide them with more and more features, which their owners enjoy even if they purchased their vehicles long ago. While its competitors are struggling with all kinds of problems, Tesla is sitting on $8 billion in cash reserves, lowering its manufacturing costs and increasing its margins, while strengthening its solar roof and battery manufacturing and installation business.

Should we still be surprised? Not really, Tesla owes its success to common sense and strategy. Which is more than can be said about its critics and those seeking to get rich by trying to short its shares.
Yet the author has no skin in the game , something like Hoid .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Where there you go.

Skin the game.

That's the answer!
How much do you have ? You spout the benifits of electric vehicles and the brilliance of Tesla daily yet you neither have an electric vehicle or shares in the company . Skin in game .