Greta

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Too funny.

Well she did have to follow in the footsteps of such fools as Fonda, Suzuki and DiCaprio, Walter - it's become a mecca for all the climate hysteria media darlings, doncha know. However, AB at least has the balls to mount a counter-protest unlike our own Left Coast who all but lay out a welcome mat for the dolts and to hell with people wanting to get to work, medical appointments, job interviews, etc,, etc.,

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I just don't understand how anyone can think that driving a semi-truck convoy to Edmonton, just to try and drown Greta's words, with their engine brakes and mad honking, is somehow supposed to achieve anything beside displaying an incredible level of immaturity and hate.

First of all, thank you so very much for the reddie you gave me on why Canada needs a Conservative government - a badge of honor that reddie is. :lol: Next, mounting a counter protest is an excellent idea and one that other cities should be doing. I hope they drowned out every single regurgitated climate hysteria word that comes out of that kid's mouth and anyone who cares to join her. Well done, AB.

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
Boomer, the only ones I've heard saying they dislike industry are those that dislike dirty industry. Other than them, you have any examples?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is PRETTY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Children of the Con"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Greta being run over.............................

well..........................NOT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all we are adults here and do not wish the poor foolish child HARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though tis UNFORTUNATE she cannot say the same..............................

about the harm she would unwittingly do to US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Actor. I think he played Aquaman.

Yes- you are right about his movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But calling humanity a "disease" indicates he SOAKED HIS HEAD too often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if he thinks humanity is a disease..................................

then why does he not "inoculate" himself...............................

with a .45 pistol???????????????????????????????

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Well, I think you're stereotyping an entire phenotype of our species but whatever.

OH NO ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one third of natives live on reserves............................

and it is the ones on reserves that are so OFTEN IN THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people who were sensible and strong.....................................

moved AWAY FROM THE RESERVES to cities and got on with life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
After her American tour, how is Greta Thunberg getting home?

Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist, has been making waves the world over with powerful speeches and appearances in climate strikes.

Since late August, she’s been on a tour of North America, attending rallies, meeting with world leaders, and speaking at the United Nations Climate Action Summit in New York City. She’s set to march in a climate strike in Edmonton on Friday, Oct. 18.

Thunberg has said she received many requests to speak at events internationally, but declined due to the extensive travel it would require. But she decided to make an exception to attend the UN climate summit as well as a major UN climate change conference in Santiago, Chile, where her trip is scheduled to end.

Her trip to North America is well-documented — she sailed for 15 days from England to New York on a carbon-neutral racing yacht to avoid the huge impact air travel has on carbon emissions.

But now that she’s finally here, some have begun to wonder: how is she getting back home to Sweden?

Before she left England in August, she said “I don’t know yet how I will get home,” according to the Daily Mail.

For starters, the boat she took to get to New York, the Malizia II, has returned to Europe. Despite trying to avoid carbon emissions, her organization has seen some criticism because the crew returned by plane — her team said the emissions were offset.

Which means that Thunberg is left with either chartering a plane, which she refuses to do, hopping on a commercial cruise line, which she’s also spoken out against because of the emissions, or chartering another carbon neutral boat to come pick her up.

“Greta doesn’t take airplanes so she’ll have to get to both Chile and back to Sweden using other modes of transportation,” a spokesperson for Thunberg’s team told Vox.

“The details are not confirmed yet.”

nationalpost.com/news/world/after-her-american-tour-how-is-greta-thunberg-getting-home#comments-area

In keeping with all the climate hysteria rhetoric, a hot air balloon would be a grand idea.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
She's just a kid.

The whole lot of you are being extremely obnoxious.
Actually she's a teenager - not some little toddler but that's beside the point, CC. It would not matter if it was some 16 year old boy the climate hysterics had chosen as their mouthpiece.

What matters is the slimy tactics they use in order to further their over-the-top agenda - the use of indoctrinated children/teenagers to spew their message. I guess the Hollywood set wasn't doing a good enough job so they decided to deploy more insidious methods. May not bother you but it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth and furthers the divide some wish to close.