Women's World Cup Soccer!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nobody takes their 'bragging' rights more literally.. or loudly.. than the U-S-A... U-S-A.. U-S-A.. :roll:

Other than Canada Men and Women winning Gold Medals in Hockey. Then bragging, boasting, etc is A-OK.

Anyhow... it was wonderful for ya'll to host our home games.

Any more salt for me?

Is there anything you don't hate?

T-Bones...Coldstream was waiting a long time for the World Cup. This was a lot of built up salt.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sports/108109-2012-summer-olympics-9.html#post1630240

with the help of handball which should have led to a penalty.. likely a goal for Japan... not called by the referee. I noticed the Nike had their 'Greatness has Been Found'.. T shirts already on field and ready for the raucous celebration.. of the American Gold.

The U.S. networks and U.S. corporate sponsors expected something for bankrolling a big part of the cost of Olympics.. FIFA delivered. :roll:

i suppose.. they are the best team in the world.. we'll whip 'em in 2015 though (at home, in the World Cup)

I mean A LOT of waiting and salt was just piling up.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's PATHETIC by the FA.. and i mean deleting the post as if 'Mother' is a disparaging term. I think two members of the team ARE mothers, and should take that deletion/apology as an insult.

Many of the England men's team are fathers, "partners" and sons, but there have never been tweets after a football tournament which says that they can "now go back to be fathers, partners and sons....."

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
T-Bones...Coldstream was waiting a long time for the World Cup. This was a lot of built up salt.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sports/108109-2012-summer-olympics-9.html#post1630240

I mean A LOT of waiting and salt was just piling up.

I've got to admire your tenacity in dredging up 3 year old posts to make whatever point it is you are trying to make, Smack.

All i can say is the U.S. is lucky they didn't meet Canada in the World Cup. We always raise are game when we meet the Yanks, and they always take us for a pushover.. on a fair playing field (absent in the 2012 Olympics) and at home we would have in all liklihood kicked their buts, as we almost always seem to in soccer, hockey or rugby of whatever sex.

That would have put a damper on the Ticker Tape Parade given to the ladies in Manhattan today. :)

Many of the England men's team are fathers, "partners" and sons, but there have never been tweets after a football tournament which says that they can "now go back to be fathers, partners and sons....."

I just get tired of these events being used to push a Feminist agenda. It's a sports event. I hear lots comments of players being Fathers, some male players carry their children around in trophy presentations. But it seems to mention that a player is a mother is taken as an offense to the mantra of the oppression and limitation of women that takes over the political patter of these things.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I've got to admire your tenacity in dredging up 3 year old posts to make whatever point it is you are trying to make, Smack.

All i can say is the U.S. is lucky they didn't meet Canada in the World Cup. We always raise are game when we meet the Yanks, and they always take us for a pushover.. on a fair playing field (absent in the 2012 Olympics) and at home we would have in all liklihood kicked their buts, as we almost always seem to in soccer, hockey or rugby of whatever sex.

That would have put a damper on the Ticker Tape Parade given to the ladies in Manhattan today. :)
"Would have." Like Blackleaf, you win all the games you don't play. Too bad your record in games you do play ain't quite so stellar.

I just get tired of these events being used to push a Feminist agenda. It's a sports event. I hear lots comments of players being Fathers, some male players carry their children around in trophy presentations. But it seems to mention that a player is a mother is taken as an offense to the mantra of the oppression and limitation of women that takes over the political patter of these things.
So feminism and gay rights are destroying Western Civilization. What else? Don't tell me, let me guess. Liberals, atheists, First Nations, non-white people, and disobedient children.

The circle of people you don't hate is really quite small, isn't it? Good thing you obey the god who commanded you to love.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Tecumsehsbones;2134384]"Would have." Like Blackleaf, you win all the games you
don't play. Too bad your record in games you do play ain't quite so stellar.

Hey, its the Americans that didn't show up to the Pan Ams.. unwilling to stake their reputation on a Canadian team that might trammel their record.

So feminism and gay rights are destroying Western Civilization. What else?
Don't tell me, let me guess. Liberals, atheists, First Nations, non-white
people, and disobedient children.

The circle of people you don't hate is really quite small, isn't it? Good
thing you obey the god who commanded you to love

I don't hate anybody. I oppose the affirmation, celebration and legitimization of practices that demean the human character and dignity, and provide a potent potential to disassemble civil society. So i guess i'm against abortion and sodomy.

And i oppose movements that attempt to undermine the concept of nation and family for allegiance to tribes or ideologies.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

The point that you were salty then and hoping for revenge, have come up short and you're a sore loser. :)

What is the US win streak up to against Canada... 26 is it? Yikes.

There wouldn't have been a ticker tape parade in Manhattan if they lost to Canada. But alas your ladies were bounced early by the English ladies and our ladies are having a ticker tape parade in Manhattan!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey, its the Americans that didn't show up to the Pan Ams.. unwilling to stake their reputation on a Canadian team that might trammel their record.
No, no! WOULD "trammel [sic] their record," WOULD.

Try to stay on message. Remember, Canada would win all the games they don't play.

I don't hate anybody. I oppose the affirmation, celebration and legitimization of practices that demean the human character, and provide a potent potential to disassemble civil society.
You keep telling yourself that, Buck. Your hatred leaps off the screen. Everybody can see it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

26 straight wins against Canada.

And as T-Bones said... you'd win all the games that aren't played.

Feel the Burn Coldstream... Feel that Pride Burn!

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
26 straight wins against Canada.

And as T-Bones said... you'd win all
the games that aren't played

Using your own logic smack.. the US could have shown up to take on defending champions Canada at the Pan Ams.. but i guess they just accept such an exalted roster would demean themselves by competing for a mere hemispheric trophy. I guess we'll just have to assume they'd win. :roll:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Using your own logic smack.. the US could have shown up to take on defending champions Canada at the Pan Ams.. but i guess they just accept such an exalted roster would demean themselves by competing for a mere hemispheric trophy. I guess we'll just assume they'd win. :roll:
The good news is, since the U.S. won't play Canada in the PanAm games, you can declare victory in the game that "would have" been played.

Yay, you. You have the best imaginary record in the world. As opposed to your 0-26 actual record.

By the way, we'll see a crow use a chainsaw before we see you use anything remotely resembling logic.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Using your own logic smack.. the US could have shown up to take on defending champions Canada at the Pan Ams.. but i guess they just accept such an exalted roster would demean themselves by competing for a mere hemispheric trophy. I guess we'll just have to assume they'd win. :roll:

I'm sorry it is a little loud here with the US Womens World Cup Champions ticker tape parade going on.

Did you want the US Women to make it 27 straight? You couldn't even place in the World Cup with home field advantage. How much more pain do you want?

This must be killing you. LOVING IT!

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The good news is, since the U.S. won't play Canada in the PanAm games, you can declare victory in the game that "would have" been played.

Yay, you. You have the best imaginary record in the world. As opposed to your 0-26 actual record.

By the way, we'll see a crow use a chainsaw before we see you use anything remotely resembling logic.

i'm not sure where you're getting that 0 and 26 record. You mean there were no ties in that. I don't watch a lot of women's soccer.. but the last game i remember was the 4 - 3 loss at 2012 Olympics.. and of course as everyone saw the U.S. had to cheat to get that with the outrageous bias of the referee. As they did in the Gold Medal game against Japan. So i only count games that were played on a level playing field, and where referee wasn't bought off with yankee greenbacks.

And hey, we showed up at the Pan Ams to defend our trophy. The US didn't. So in most cases that would have precluded bragging about a non existent victories. But the same rules don't apply for the USA, who just can't understand why the rest of the world just doesn't accept that as far as America goes, everything else is second best. God's gift to the world. :roll:

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
i'm not sure where you're getting that 0 and 26 record. You mean there were no ties in that. I don't watch a lot of women's soccer.. but the last game i remember was the 4 - 3 loss at 2012 Olympics.. and of course as everyone saw the U.S. had to cheat to get that with the outrageous bias of the referee. As they did in the Gold Medal game against Japan. So i only count games that were played on a level playing field, and the referee wasn't bought off.
Of course. It is impossible that Canada could lose because the U.S. played better. If the U.S. wins, it must be cheating!

Oh, look! There's a crow on my balcony using a chainsaw. And you still ain't using logic, preferring a delusional level of jingoism.

And hey, we showed up at the Pan Ams to defend our trophy. The US didn't. So in most cases that would have precluded bragging about a non existent victories. But the same rules don't apply for the USA, who just can't understand why the rest of the world just doesn't accept that as far as America goes, everything else is second best. God's gift to the world. :roll:
And if you win the PanAms, I'll be the first to call you champions. Because if we don't play, we can't win. And I'm perfectly OK with that.

That's the difference. When you DO play, and don't win, you insist that you "would have" or "should have" won.

Why bother to have competitions at all? Why not simply declare Canada the Winner of Everything? It's the only outcome you'll accept, and it would save a lot of time and money.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
i'm not sure where you're getting that 0 and 26 record. You mean there were no ties in that. I don't watch a lot of women's soccer.. but the last game i remember was the 4 - 3 loss at 2012 Olympics.. and of course as everyone saw the U.S. had to cheat to get that with the outrageous bias of the referee. As they did in the Gold Medal game against Japan. So i only games that were played on a level playing field.

Au contraire... the Canadian goalie cheated and was called on it... then the Canadian defender used her arms to knock the ball out of the way... the use of hands and arms is a big NO NO in soccer.

Then you were a sore LOSER about it and years later you still are.

And hey, we showed up at the Pan Ams to defend our trophy. The US didn't. So in most cases that would have precluded bragging about a non existent victories. But the same rules don't apply for the USA, who just can't understand why the rest of the world just doesn't accept that as far as American goes, everything else is second best. God's gift to the world. :roll:

Wow that saltiness is getting to your brain. Can you babble any more incoherently?

Of course. It is impossible that Canada could lose because the U.S. played better. If the U.S. wins, it must be cheating!

That's Coldstream defined.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Au contraire... the Canadian goalie cheated and was called on it... then the
Canadian defender used her arms to knock the ball out of the way... the use of
hands and arms is a big NO NO in soccer

Simply not true.

There is a convention that is used when the referee deems a goaltender is delaying the game. She or he is shown a yellow card (a warning).. and that almost always alleviates the complaint. No warning was given, even informally.

Imposing a free kick just outside the penalty area has not been used in years or decades. It is never used and remains only as relic in the rules (i think it might have been since removed as a result of this officiating debacle).

Even then the US did not score. It hit a Canadian player on her arms which were pinned to her body as she was rotating to block the shot with her torso. That is LEGAL. The definition of a hand ball is that it has to be a deliberate attempt to interfere with the ball with arms or hand NOT locked to the torso.

It was such an obvious attempt to decide the outcome the game that even FIFA was embarrassed by it. The Norwegian referee, Christina Pedersen, has not been assigned to another international tournament since.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Simply not true.

There is a convention that is used when the referee deems a goaltender is delaying the game. She or he is shown a yellow card (a warning).. and that almost always alleviates the complaint. No warning was given, even informally.

Imposing a free kick just outside the penalty area has not been used in years or decades. It is never used and remains only as relic in the rules (i think it might have been since removed as a result of this officiating debacle).

Even then the US did not score. It hit a Canadian player on her arms which were pinned to her body as she was rotating to block the shot with her torso. That is LEGAL. The definition of a hand ball is that it has to be a deliberate attempt to interfere with the ball with arms or hand NOT locked to the torso.

She delayed the game and she was warned and she refused to adhere to the rules. She delayed the game because she did not want the ball back on the field and that was the only way to keep it from the Americans. Either the goalie or Canadian coach had no faith in the other players and that was the tactic. Cheat and hold the ball.

It was such an obvious attempt to decide the outcome the game that even FIFA was embarrassed by it. The Norwegian referee, Christina Pedersen, has not been assigned to another international tournament since.

FIFA was embarrassed?!

Man you're whacked! FIFA suspended a Canadian player for the embarrassing behavior after losing.

FIFA suspends Canada's Christine Sinclair 4 games - CBC Sports - Soccer

Get salty!

Hey, EagleSmack!

You know why your Patriots beat my Ravens in the AFC Championship last year?

They scored more points?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
They scored more points?
They played a better game. In point of fact, they played a magnificent game. They didn't cheat, they played hard, they fought back from two fourteen-point deficits, and they put on the finishing touch with a terrific heads-up interception.

And that, for coldstream and Blackleaf, is how it's done. We call it good sportsmanship. I imagine y'all don't have a word for it.