Employers can legally lie to employees

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's extremely reliable

You've just described skilled trades and professional positions.

Wonder where the local is for the Lawyer's Union.

Using overly exaggerated statements doesn't make it true

Google is your friend, check it out and then get back to me on the anecdote thingy
Google is your friend. Go see how many publications have articles on the productivity/wage wedge or gap. Then come back and "prove" your point by reference a profession that is amongst the hardest to quantify in terms of production. Or better yet, come back and say how nobody's talking about productivity and wages.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Summarize it for me, m'kay?

In the meantime, it is what it is. You want high structured employment conditions, guarantees and job security, then you lose out on the upside accorded with risk and productivity.

Personally, I could care less what you choose, but enough of the bitching already because someone that chose to take the risk/reward path is getting a bigger chunk of cheese.

PS - you're always welcome to take your ball and go home in terms of witholding your services to an employer... That'll teach 'em... The company will go t*tters in a matter of minutes.

Better yet, strike out on your own, start a buisness to compete and drive the old employer outta business... That'll teach 'em even more gooder better like

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Summarize it for me, m'kay?
Sure. In first-world economies, increases in productivity have massively outstripped increases in wages. Even people who think that's the way it should be (with the increased value going to owners, not workers) agree that it's happening. Only knuckleheads with axes to grind and a mouth-breather attitude of "Want more? Work harder." deny what is patently obvious by every single business metric.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
So let's tie this together then.... Seeing how first-world economies have outsourced much of their mfg capacity, how does the balance of your commentary fit in?

PS - the biggest irony here is that your industry is among the height of productivity-based compensation in 'the first world'.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So let's tie this together then.... Seeing how first-world economies have outsourced much of their mfg capacity, how does the balance of your commentary fit in?

PS - the biggest irony here is that your industry is among the height of productivity-based compensation in 'the first world'.
It isn't, but there ain't no point in arguing with a closed mind that thinks it understands my industry better'n I do.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ya got me pegged.

I should know better than to challenge T-Bones, the ultimate source of all things and knowledge
Strawman. I claimed that I know my industry better than you do, nothing more. If you claimed to know whatever you do better than I do, I hope I would have the mother-wit not to argue against the obvious.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Both parties have lied to each other for years.

When it becomes legal however that poses many other problems.

Trust me, that wood chipper is completely safe....