Energy East pipeline not a boon for refineries: Report

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The "someone" is attributed - preserving anonymity. His employer may not appreciate a lot of incomplete details being cast about.

I'm sure you know the odour - yours being all over these Forums.

I suggest you sell your shares in TCP and go back to your copper mine in Ecuador ... or is it your grain fields ... or is it?....

Internet know-it-alls are never wrong....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Wakie wakie hands off snakie, your journey through Dreamland has come to it's terminus.

Isn't Calgary Southwest an Albertan seat? Pay attention. No Ontarian can vote there. It WILL be determined by an Alberta vote.

So someone quoting bullsh-t wants to remain anonymous? I wonder why?

Do you see a "quote" Squidly?

Pipelines are the realm of the Feds... No different than highways, rail, airports, etc.

Yup... They are... and where do you think the majority of voters are ... and are faced with a 40% natural gas price increase?

You'd best do some homework and find the real costs of 4100km of new rail because those numbers are waaaaaay out to lunch.

Rail..... Lmfao

Where do you see anything about 4100 km of new rail? The track exists - minus a 150 km gap (the Chalk River Subdivision) It's Called Canadian Pacific. The piece of track involved is Ottawa Valley Railway - the operator of the western portion of CP's Montreal mainline.

Please be informed....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Isn't Calgary Southwest an Albertan seat? Pay attention. No Ontarian can vote there. It WILL be determined by an Alberta vote.

Yup... They are... and where do you think the majority of voters are ... and are faced with a 40% natural gas price increase?
"Green" is why your imported from the US nat gas is going up. It's not because of the line conversion or because of ONE MP.

Considering that CDN oil production increases and the goal of exports was a Liberal idea, it sure was thoughtful of that one MP to keep the ball rolling huh?

Where do you see anything about 4100 km of new rail? The track exists - minus a 150 km gap (the Chalk River Subdivision) It's Called Canadian Pacific. The piece of track involved is Ottawa Valley Railway - the operator of the western portion of CP's Montreal mainline.

Please be informed....
It's 4100 km from Burstall SK to New Brunswick when the new tanker terminal is to be built as part of the $12B.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"Green" is why your imported from the US nat gas is going up. It's not because of the line conversion or because of ONE MP.

Considering that CDN oil production increases and the goal of exports was a Liberal idea, it sure was thoughtful of that one MP to keep the ball rolling huh?

Short supplies and high demand is what Enbridge and TCP are excusing the increase on.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Short supplies and high demand is what Enbridge and TCP are excusing the increase on.

From Enron to enbridge? Confused at all? It was a cold winter here too but my gas isn't going up. Why not?

Do you think it is wise for Canada to be importing 725,000 bbls a day out of the 1.6million bbls consumed daily in Canada?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

That price increase is a function of the value of the commodity.

Enbridge and TCPL charge a transportation rate (regardless of the cost of an MCF). The 40% increase will also be felt here in AB as well, despite the gas maybe coming out of a field a few kilometers away

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
From Enron to enbridge? Confused at all? It was a cold winter here too but my gas isn't going up. Why not?

Do you think it is wise for Canada to be importing 725,000 bbls a day out of the 1.6million bbls consumed daily in Canada?

Yes we already know our dependency on oil is a huge problem.

Giving more crack to a crack user doesn't really help in the long term.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
http://www.infomine.com/ChartsAndData/GraphEngine.ashx?z=f&gf=110558.USD.mmbtu&dr=1
Depends on your point of reference... A few years back, an MCF was trading at a low of $1.89, recently, that price rose to roughly $6.00/MCF

And dropped by $2 to a spot price of $4.47 as of today.

He's way past being able to handle it... I suspect that he's been whoring himself around in a vain effort to satiate his hydrocarbon addiction whilst crying that life is unfair that he should have this affliction.

It's a terrible addiction. Without it he would have died during one of the arctic lows over his 30 odd years but completely overlooks this fact.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
From Enron to enbridge? Confused at all?

Made a correction. Don't care for posting incorrect info - unlike some in here
It was a cold winter here too but my gas isn't going up. Why not?

No. I think we could be self-sufficient. How much do we export?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

No doubt. The price will bounce around for a while and drop as the temps get warmer.

All I was driving at earlier is that the price we pay as consumers is more of a function of the commodity price to the producer as opposed to the cost from the suppliers like TCPL

It's a terrible addiction. Without it he would have died during one of the arctic lows over his 30 odd years but completely overlooks this fact.

If I may be so bold... I was not an arctic low, rather, it was a renegade Polar Vortex that sprung outta no where.

Whodda thunk it, eh?... A cold snap in the middle of winter?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Made a correction. Don't care for posting incorrect info - unlike some in here

No. I think we could be self-sufficient. How much do we export?

2.21Million bbl. We will be self-sufficient when energy east is complete. Until then guys like MF will be burning Venezuelan oil sands from the Orinoco river system which is second only to the Amazon.

No doubt. The price will bounce around for a while and drop as the temps get warmer.

All I was driving at earlier is that the price we pay as consumers is more of a function of the commodity price to the producer as opposed to the cost from the suppliers like TCPL

If I may be so bold... I was not an arctic low, rather, it was a renegade Polar Vortex that sprung outta no where.

Oh right they are global warming driven vortexes instead of good old fashioned arctic lows that have cursed North America since the rockies were formed some 60 million years ago.

Distributors don't pay spot either.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
2.21Million bbl. We will be self-sufficient when energy east is complete. Until then guys like MF will be burning Venezuelan oil sands from the Orinoco river system which is second only to the Amazon.

We'll have the same output with a rail haul too. Energy East is an effort for Trans-Canada to get more mileage out of an old pipe. New construction and much better monitoring, I can live with. Second-hand junk and hoping for the best is take-the-money-and-run business practice.

I suggest you consult with a calender.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We'll have the same output with a rail haul too. Energy East is an effort for Trans-Canada to get more mileage out of an old pipe. New construction and much better monitoring, I can live with. Second-hand junk and hoping for the best is take-the-money-and-run business practice.

Are you serious? Rail can't compete with pipe in volume or cost and if there were conversion issues, why isn't Keystone or one of the numerous others blown gaskets? Do you really believe an NG leak or rail crash won't ruin your fishing hole? Why aren't you worried about all the U236 cruising through your town by truck and rail?

Whoever induced your crusade certainly isn't doing this for your benefit or they would have given you better or at least complete info to work with.