Jann Arden kicked off Via Rail train for boarding with dog

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I gather you have difficulty reading her article, or at least understanding it.

I think I can recognize and "excuse" when I see one. She always makes special arrangements for her dog, all 250 days a year, but this time neither she nor her assistant thought to make arrangements for the dog. Oops ... just forgot. When she discovered what the rules were, that the dog had to go in baggage, that was completely unacceptable. Oops. Maybe it was always unacceptable and that's why she tried to sneak the dog into the passenger cabin in the first place.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sorry I was remiss! After all "bitch" is the proper terminology for a female dog! I won't let it happen again, promise! :smile:

Wow, and it took you how long to catch that?

Be careful your IQ and maturity level is only being out done by your shoe size, now.. stoop any lower, and Jann Arden's dog's dog poop will have you out smarted.

Now don't get over excited from the above post, you'll have to change your Depends. Old timer.

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Go for it!

Meow.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Do you think that's a little bow on her butt, or is that supposed to be covering up that which is immodest so that it's safe for general consumption?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM - you really are one nasty old fuker, aren't you?

I think you need to up your meds, looks like dementia is taking over. Insults and nastiness is a common sign of early stages of Alzheimers in old fuktards, you know.

Feel free to run off to your pal Talloola and hurl more insults at me.

Who said I'm in the EARLY stages?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wow, and it took you how long to catch that?

Be careful your IQ and maturity level is only being out done by your shoe size, now.. stoop any lower, and Jann Arden's dog's dog poop will have you out smarted.

Now don't get over excited from the above post, you'll have to change your Depends. Old timer.

Even so I'm still light years ahead of you in the I.Q. department. Jann Arden is a public figure, or at least she is NOW.
It was she who opened her trap and broadcasted her stupidity to the whole wide world. Any comments about public figures are fair game!

I saw, I conquered.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm still light years ahead of you in the I.Q. department.

You retired in Vernon BC, that negates that argument right there..

I am guessing you didn't have much contact with women over your life span, because of your demeanor and verbale abuse the fairer sex. I doubt they would want much to do with you..

Stooping to lows calling women dogs, and bitches speaks volumes about you as a individual. All I can say, I feel sorrow and pity for those around you, as they must be miserable in your company.

Yes she is a public figure, as you stated, and she did screw up, but that does not give people to right to publicly ridicule her.

She is a very talented "Canadian" and dispute her human errors, we as Canadian's should be proud. After all CanadianContent.net suppose to be a "Pro-Canadian" forum, so why are we tearing down a Canadian icon.. (move to the USA then).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You retired in Vernon BC, that negates that argument right there..

I am guessing you didn't have much contact with women over your life span, because of your demeanor and verbale abuse the fairer sex. I doubt they would want much to do with you..

Stooping to lows calling women dogs, and bitches speaks volumes about you as a individual. All I can say, I feel sorrow and pity for those around you, as they must be miserable in your company.

Yes she is a public figure, as you stated, and she did screw up, but that does not give people to right to publicly ridicule her.

She is a very talented "Canadian" and dispute her human errors, we as Canadian's should be proud. After all CanadianContent.net suppose to be a "Pro-Canadian" forum, so why are we tearing down a Canadian icon.. (move to the USA then).

I think you'd be further ahead if you'd quit guessing. You've guessed wrong twice in two sentences- I didn't retire in Vernon. Harper is a public figure, Obama is a public figure, Bush is a public figure, Tim Thomas is a public figure, Muammar Khadaffy was a public figure, you weren't too vocal while they were being ridiculed. ...............................Ooooooooooooooooooh I think I get it, I can only ridicule public figures that YOU don't approve of.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think you'd be further ahead if you'd quit guessing. You've guessed wrong twice in two sentences- I didn't retire in Vernon. Harper is a public figure, Obama is a public figure, Bush is a public figure, Tim Thomas is a public figure, Muammar Khadaffy was a public figure, you weren't too vocal while they were being ridiculed. ...............................Ooooooooooooooooooh I think I get it, I can only ridicule public figures that YOU don't approve of.

Yup, and they are all men.. brilliant. Thank you for your post. lol

That does not takes us from the issue, your view of women as dogs and bitches. :roll:

What are you a politician trying to deflect away from you and your bad attitude?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm light years ahead of you all in every department because I said.
Fuuuuuck!

Very profound, where did you learn that? Oxford or Harvard?

Yup, and they are all men.. brilliant. Thank you for your post. lol

That does not takes us from the issue, your view of women as dogs and bitches. :roll:

What are you a politician trying to deflect away from you and your bad attitude?

I guess you were napping about 40 years ago when women stated they were equal to men and wanted to be treated equally. But if you insist I can throw in "another dog"................Hillary Clinton.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I just read her letter to the Ottawa citizen explaining what happened that day.

Janns letter to the Ottawa Citizen

Well, for starters, you have no idea what you're talking about concerning my experience on VIA rail....
but that's not new for reporters who get their information from twitter and other "bloggers" who seem to always stretch the story as far as they can to make it interesting. It was VERY not interesting. It was a typical day in the life of a person who travels for a living. It's all I have done for 25 years. I am not NEW to this. I am not naive. I know the rules. I follow them. I NEVER expect special treatment. I stand in line and I shut my mouth. I pay for my dog to travel by air...I am ALWAYS considerate of others who may not like dogs. Believe me, I was not always a dog person. But that has changed in the past 3 years. I am a convert. I LOVE my dog. She is a constant reminder of how unimportant I am and how wonderful each day is. She makes my life amazing on the road. I am less lonely, less afraid and much more social with others which surprised me too. When I walk my dog everyday, I bet we meet 20ty incredible Canadians that I would otherwise never have met at all. My dog is my heart. She is my social planner.

Just so you know....

My assistant bought the ticket a few days ago. I thought it would be fun to go by train. We've been on the road 6 weeks....we're tired out and I was looking forward to seeing my country out the window that wasn't a tour bus. I could have gone on the bus the night before, but i truly thought the train would be amazing. I figured Via needed a little support...My assistant had NO idea that there was no pets. It didn't dawn on either of us to check. Yes, you might find that hard to believe, but we didn't even think about it. When we are in europe on the train, there are more dogs than people on the trains. It's so interesting and fun. Everybody puts up with everybody else's surroundings. It was never a problem. NOT the point- I know. Perhaps it's because I travel with my 4 lb morkie most of the year. She is with me in EVERY hotel...I PAY a surcharge to cover any concerns that particular hotel might have. It varies where ever I go. I NEVER sneak her in. They know I have her. People are always very kind and understanding. Midi brings so many smiles where ever we go. She's quiet and well behaved and such a character. She has traveled with me since she was 9 weeks old. She's been on over 175 flights....she should have air miles, but I digress.

The train...

Midi's head was out of the bag the entire time we stood in line to board in toronto.I stood there with everybody else, minding my own business. I even signed a few autographs which I never mind doing. I was with my violin player and her friend, so i have witnesses galore. We went past the ticket fellow who checked that we had tickets...we went past the fellow who told us what train to board...we went past the fellow standing by the door of the train letting us on. Midi was on my lap as the fellow gave myself and my pals the safety chat that was at least 90 seconds long....It NEVER dawned on me that midi was a problem because NO one said a thing.
Anyway, about a half hour later, the tea cart came by and the man doling out the beverages asked me if I had a "doll"...
"Pardon me" I said...."No, this is a dog"...it made me laugh....

and then things got very serious.

He called for the man that gave us the security demonstration and the two of them stood over me telling me that my dog could indeed cause grave danger to the other passengers. I was very calm..I said, "well, she is hypo-allergenic if that makes any difference"...

No it didn't make any difference indeed.
The two of them scurried around making calls and it was very dramatic. I just waited patiently for the outcome. I didn't think it was going to be good.
Midi slept through the entire thing...typical...she's no help when I need her to be...

The "security" fellow came back a few minutes later and said that the next station had an "old cage" that I could put midi into and travel in the luggage compartment for the duration of the trip to Ottawa (4 hours) or I would have to disembark. I decided to get off the train. I would no more do that to my dog than I would my mother. I simply, quietly and respectfully, got off the train. Said good by to my pals and told them I'd get to Ottawa somehow. The show must go on.....Like I said, I travel 250 days a year. This is my life. I roll with the punches. I am always jovial, compliant, and filled with good humor. Anyone who knows me knows that.
Honestly, I didn't know where I was being let off..when I said "middle of nowhere" it was not meant to be an insult to the fine people of Oshawa. If you saw the train station and where it is located, you'd know exactly what I meant...there is a car dealership and 10 acres of parking lot, never mind that the station is under construction. It didn't look too inviting. I am sorry if i made it sound like I didn't like Oshawa....I mean really? Why would I not like it? I LOVE MY COUNTRY. All of it.
I just had to figure out what to do.

My only gripe, if i even had one, is that I was let down, a bit confused and kind of scared. I wondered what my mother would have done had she been with midi and asked to leave the train 4 hours before the stop she had planned to go to.
I have credit cards...I have travel experience...
I have people I can call to help me. I travel all the time. i know what to do.

A 78 year old woman may have had a few more issues. It would be bloody scary to say the least to be let off a train with all your stuff into a giant parking lot.

That's ALL i was meaning to get across. Not the best solution as far as I am concerned.

Midi could have quietly finished her ride with me...zipped up sleeping at me feet, no one the wiser. I would NEVER have done it again, because like I said, I didn't know.
That would have been nice. It would have been easier. But that wasn't to be. No worries.
I got off the train like anybody else. No favors, no special treatment.

I hired a car.
Got to my gig.
Performed for the fine folks of Ottawa.

Tomorrow, another town and another train and another bus and another hotel and another plane.

I am grateful for the amazing life that my fans enable me to have.

and that's the whole truth,......so help my dog.

A good post, glad you posted here, glad we know exactly how things went down, and too bad your assistant
didn't check rules about dogs, just unfortunate, but next time you will be wiser.

It does show how stories get blown out of proportion, thats the media for you.

I'M sure if it had of been an elderly person, via rail would have tried to assist them with another
plan, and not just left them standng around alone, perhaps in your case they felt you had good connections,
and could look after yourself, which you did quite well.

Is there a little 'outhouse' in that bag, that your little doggie travels in? I still wonder how
one would handle that rather delicate problem on the train, as all dogs aren't purse size.

I think you need to up your meds, looks like dementia is taking over. Insults and nastiness is a common sign of early stages of Alzheimers in old fuktards, you know.

i'm getting so popular, I think I should hire an agent and a makeup person, this is exciting.!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You're in bad need of a shrink, man. You are the one who invariably initiates any insults. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Low and way out of line.

Family is off limits.

I've never reported a post until just now.