Corporate tax cuts are not working

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
ON needs to get it's **** together. All the taxes in the world won't wrangle **** into one pile.

Well it will need to both increase revenues and lower expenses.

That means cutting unnecessary services (or making them more efficient) and raising taxes (at least corporate taxes).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Corporation Canada (you and me) is part owner in a vast array of Public Corporations. Would the Corporation of Canada make more revenue from dividends, exports and an employed workforce or would it make more from taxes?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
The Corporation Canada (you and me) is part owner in a vast array of Public Corporations. Would the Corporation of Canada make more revenue from dividends, exports and an employed workforce or would it make more from taxes?

You think you sound smart when you make these kinds of allusions.

You're not.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Lower taxation doesn't inherently stimulate an economy.

That's a myth.

What do you think that higher corp taxes will do the mfg sector that is already reeling from a high dollar?

Think that those higher corp taxes will have a positive impact on their already razor-thin margins?

So then you'd have no problems paying more taxes?

Only taxes on corps Petros... The average Joe is exempt.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
So then you'd have no problems paying more taxes?

Of course not.

My municipality recently raised property tax by 7.4%. That's only $20/mo. for me and it's going toward keeping good services.

Totally worth it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What do you think that higher corp taxes will do the mfg sector that is already reeling from a high dollar?

Think that those higher corp taxes will have a positive impact on their already razor-thin margins?

Only taxes on corps Petros... The average Joe is exempt.
There is biting the hand that feeds you and then there is gnawing on it. Gnawing on it will just make them go offshore won't it?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
There is biting the hand that feeds you and then there is gnawing on it. Gnawing on it will just make them go offshore won't it?

Some may do that... Companies like CAT have already opted to move to a lower cost (labor cost related) jurisdiction.... Upping the corp taxes may have an affect on other companies that are currently marginal.

Other companies won't be able to go offshore.. The small and (possibly) medium guys may just close their doors or downsize for a period of time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How come Hitachi's heavy equipment division can prosper in Saskatoon but CAT can't in London?

1% less in Corporate taxes maybe?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Didn't like my answer, I see.

Must have been because it foiled captain's attempt at another 1% ad hominem.

What a shame.

How come Hitachi's heavy equipment division can prosper in Saskatoon but CAT can't in London?

1% less in Corporate taxes maybe?