• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
thanks buddy but i dont have any contacts for camps cause i need a place to live with my family in alberta b4
if you took a job in Nunavut your family could stay where they are for this year. They would not have to relocate at this time. If you are flown in to work for 4 to 6 weeks and then home for 2 weeks it may be best to have the partner and baby stay where they know some people and can get some assistance if needed. You would be in a much better position to plan a move after you got some money in the Bank.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Sooo ... I asked upthread: what have you done to help yourself? In reading the thread, I get the impression that you are assigning the people on this forum the task of gathering information for you ... and then you pop in periodically to ask if people can get more information still. You have enough information to proceed on your own, but it seems that you haven't done anything for yourself. Who exactly is lazy ... the person providing the answers or the person that has the answers and does nothing with them?

If you've been here for three years, you're not a newcomer, so it's time to stop expecting Canadians to serve you as you join the Canadian culture.

It seems that you expect quite a lot from Canadians and when they don't do what you want, you become hostile. I think you need to read the How to Be a Canadian handbook again. We're good natured, not stupid, so the assumption that you can walk all over people and then insult them when you say "jump" and they don't say "how high" is completely off base. Is that how it is where you're from? If that's how you like it, then that's where you should live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
you r just like the other guy i already have a job in camps but want to see if there is good people on here but i seams no but thanks yall can keep treating people bad on here

i did notting rong this guy camec and call me a loser so i gave him a piece of my mind but any way it is useless arguing with yall here

It's quite obvious to me that there are good people here that have done quite a lot to inform you of the ins and outs of working as a camp cook. You have been told that some companies will relocate you and your family if you are in high enough demand, that you should simply take the trip and talk to people or that you should make some calls. You've been given links and all sorts of information. If you already have a job, why are you asking people here about relocating your family, why don't you ask your employer?

I don't think anyone is interested in arguing with you ... but I am most curious as to why you expect people on this forum to research work for you.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Hey guy you need to understand that he did not ask for you doing the seach but if you have any info, so stop acting like kid and make a adult of your self.

Let's see ... did he ask others to do the research, or not?

".i have a diploma in professional cooking and whould like info on places where i can live i am looking for reasonable rent and i am looking for a camp cook position and i have heard that there are some companies that will help you relocate can any body give me some info of any place like that will be very grateful "

"if u know any company looking for cooks let me know but i need a place to stay with my family b4 i move"

"i dont have friends in alberta that why i need help"

"i am looking for a cook position any places need s cooks"

"do u have more info about the place a site contact"

"what is the town name and can i get more info"

"do they help some one relocate if they cannot afford it"

"still waiting for any info guys"

"any body have new info"

"do u have any link"

"any one know any camp that need a cook let me know"

"i am still looking for places that need camp cooks"

"can any one tell me how western camp services pay for first cooks second cooks and so thanks"

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I provided you with a link to all Alberta jobs and related wages or salaries. If it doesn't look too good, then you should probably stay in Montreal.

"Albertans in the Chefs group earned from $10.00 to $36.00 an hour. The average wage was $17.70 an hour."

Why don't you ask your employer how much you will be paid?

Loic19

Nov 12, 2011
Just for you Durry

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
it's a pity. Just coming in and asking for help isn't a crime. No one would have jumped on you for that. But really, you have to make the calls yourself to find out what they're paying, what their relocation packages are, etc. The world won't hand you a job.

Good luck finding work rauly/loic.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How can I inbox you ? I want to talk in private with you.

You can't, you don't have enough posts on the forum to have earned that function yet.

No need to inbox me, I hold no animosity toward you, I wish you luck in your search.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You could have just reported the abusive posts instead of imploding. Calm yourself, let the mods sort it out and chat with you about what you want done with your accounts.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
*shrugs* It's the internet rauly. The mods will be on this eve. Let them square it away. Calm down.

Loic19

Nov 12, 2011
*shrugs* It's the internet rauly. The mods will be on this eve. Let them square it away. Calm down.
Me and him are paying our neighbor to access the internet then yes I have the same IP as him, but I'm on my computer and him on his own, then it damage to be deleted when Idid nothing wrong on here.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ok....late to the party it seems. This Thread went off on a nasty
tangent, and was in need of a.......a "Do Over" like kid's street
hockey.

35 posts where removed, and though I skimmed things quickly,
I think most of the nastiness is gone, and any confusion earlier
has been resolved like an "X-File"....

Going forward, lets please keep things civil, and there's a LINK
to the Forums "Terms of Service" at the bottom of every single
page on this site for anyone who hasn't read them or needs to
review them.

rauly

Time Out
Nov 12, 2011
iceland
Ok....late to the party it seems. This Thread went off on a nasty
tangent, and was in need of a.......a "Do Over" like kid's street
hockey.

35 posts where removed, and though I skimmed things quickly,
I think most of the nastiness is gone, and any confusion earlier
has been resolved like an "X-File"....

Going forward, lets please keep things civil, and there's a LINK
to the Forums "Terms of Service" at the bottom of every single
page on this site for anyone who hasn't read them or needs to
review them.

thanks ron dont know what i did to durry he start to insult me and call me a loser

is there a way to be remove from this site so that this dont happen again
want to thank all the good guys who help me with info i wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.