Call her Senator... or else!!

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
California Senator Barbara Boxer took umbrage being addressed "Ma'am" by a high ranking military person at a Senate hearing. She had the nerve to chastise someone who stands ready to die in defense of her uppity pomposity for using the the term "ma'am", rather than "Senator".

I have seen boxers in the dogpark smarter and more dignified.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Senator is here title. Same as someone with a PHD being called doctor. So for once you are right most dogs are smarter than army boys.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I would have expected the General to use the term 'ma'am', as that's how military people refer to officers and ranking officials - sir and ma'am.

I didn't think a Senator was typically addressed in that fashion, Senator.

I find that, other than judges, people who demand use of their titles are generally small minded.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I have never heard of a male Senator objecting to being addressed as "SIR".

Only a dizzy California Democrat could be as low as Boxer.

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
Boxer is overrated as a Senator and a liberal woman.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/27/77/ce/haight-ashbury.jpg
She sits and demands personal respect while her home state registers 25% Unemployment, cannot decide who should marry who, puts up with "Arnold" and his bedfellows the State Employees Union and the American Federation of Teachers. She is in bed with the illegals, and those who need their houses landscaped and kids watched for next to nothing$$$$.
Barb, honey, Ma'am, we just did waaaay too many drugs on the corner of Haight and Ashbury, remember? I was there, we shared. lol!:roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

That is a liberal dem for you.

At any rate, she is being duly mocked for her insecurity and pompous attitude.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Barbara Boxer is an embarrassment to the state she represents. Her outbursts just magnify her insecurity and I laugh when I hear her talk. So far as addressing her resoectfully I don't think Mam or Senator would be as appropriate as madam. That is the gal who runs the cathouse. But then Barbara isn't even capable off being a towel girl in one of those places either.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Barbara Boxer is an embarrassment to the state she represents. Her outburst over what she should be addressed as just shows the insecurity she deals with daily. Her title should be Madam as in cathouse manager.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Ours is not to wonder why
Ours but to do or die.

The Boxer is showing him that she is a true female dog like Lassie

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Some people manage to make ma'am and sir sound more like "scum," I imagine this is what happened.

She was speaking to a military person. Saying "Sir" or "Ma'am" is addressing authority and taught from day 1 in the military. Actually Minute one.

<On bus at Parris Island SC...Marine Corp Recruit Depot...Minute One>

"AWRIGHT LISTEN UP! WHEN I GIVE YOU THE WORD YOU ARE GONNA GET OFF MY BUS. YOU WILL KEEP YOUR STINKING MOUTHS SHUT UNLESS YOU ARE SPOKEN TO. WHEN YOU ARE SPOKEN TO YOU WILL RESPOND WITH EITHER YES SIR OR NO SIR..DO YOU FREAKS UNDERSTAND?"

Get what I mean?

It would have been awesome if she heard the response...

"Sorry SEN-A-TOOOOR."

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Some people manage to make ma'am and sir sound more like "scum," I imagine this is what happened.

lol... my kids aren't allowed to use the word 'mother' because they only use it when it drips like poison off their little tongues. Mo-theeer.