Mass Liberal Pols and Canadian Co. Caught in Corruption Scam

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As you all know my home state of Massachusetts is utterly dominated by corrupt Liberals.

A stretch? Just EagleSmack talking smack?

Well considering the last three Democrat Speakers of the Mass House of Representatives have been indicted and two have been convicted of corruption and fraud the evidence supports me.

Democrat Speaker of the House Sal DiMasi was indicted yesterday of steering 20 Million tax payer dollars to a Canadian software company COGNOS and in return COGNOS cut checks to Sal DiMasi's law office... and now they have been busted. DiMasi, two aides and COGNOS's lobbyist have all been pinched.

Not that it is Canada's fault but I just thought some may be interested in a Canadian company participating in fraud with the Democrats.

Outside of that it is all business as usual here in Massachusetts.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Salvatore Dimasi faces fraud rap - BostonHerald.com

The article if you're interested.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I can't see why that would seem strange to anyone.... except a gliberal. You're probably aware of a few shenanigans the Glibs in Canada have pulled. :D
Sometimes I think that they take it for granted that pulling stunts is something they are entitled to do whenever they form gov't.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well you may be right...

DiMasi said that he has always acted in the best interest of his constituents and the people of Massachusetts so maybe he did feel like he was doing the best for our Liberal state.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A neat little timeline on how our Top Democrat did it. And yes... the Speaker of the House is far more powerful than our Democrat Gov.

Dubious dealings: A DiMasi-Cognos timeline

By Ed Mason | Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Here is a timeline on the alleged DiMasi-Cognos dealings leading up to yesterday’s indictment, according to the U.S. Attorney.

Dec. 2004: Lobbyist Richard McDonough and Cognos executive Joseph Lally Jr. hire “ P.A.” - a lawyer who’s worked with then House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi - as local counsel for the Canadian software firm. They allegedly will use P.A. to funnel money to DiMasi.

“It’s about time we got business like this,” DiMasi says.

April 15 - Dec. 1, 2005: - DiMasi receives six $4,000 payments and one $8,000

April 2006: Funding for first Cognos contract passes the House. Lally e-mails firm: “Great News!! We need to get this thru Senate and we will have a $4.5 m deal in July. It’s coming together perfectly.”

June 22: DiMasi pal and accountant Richard Vitale, through Washington North Realty Corp., gives DiMasi unusual $250,000 third mortgage.

July 31: Cognos contract signed July 31.

July: Cognos and Lally start pushing second $15 million deal.

Nov. 22: Vitale e-mails Lally: “I will be with sal on golf trip and will work on all the issues with him.”

December: P.A. has not received Cognos checks. Lally writes to Cognos “Executive A”: “We don’t want to piss anyone off this late in the game.”

On or about Dec. 13: Cognos sends P.A. $25,000; money forwarded to DiMasi.

March 23 2007: Legislature OKs $15 million for performance management software but leaves it up to Administration and Finance Secretary Leslie Kirwan to choose.

June 22 :Lally e-mails Cognos, concerned Kirwan doesn’t like the deal: “Sal said when he wants something done within his domain he is ultimately going to get what he wants....We have a rogue Secretary.”

Aug 24 :Deal signed.

Sept. 6: A Cognos official e-mails Lally: “Please be sure to thank Dick and Sal for getting the contract closed.”

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You live in Massachusetts, EagleSmack? You must be one unhappy dude. You live right smack in the middle of the den of inequity, the den of thieves.

You live in just about the most liberal state in USA. Have you considered moving to Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia? I think the politicians are pure over there, people are Godly and I understand it is positively a paradise.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, considering the amount of corruption people accuse the Conservatives of being involved in with American petroleum companies, why would it surprise anyone to see it all happen the other way round? Perhaps Liberals just aren't as god at covering their tracks when they break the laws as Conservatives are. :smile: (and hey, look, I said that all without any smush words!)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You live in Massachusetts, EagleSmack? You must be one unhappy dude. You live right smack in the middle of the den of inequity, the den of thieves.

You live in just about the most liberal state in USA. Have you considered moving to Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia? I think the politicians are pure over there, people are Godly and I understand it is positively a paradise.

I do and I am happy. Especially today! Seeing yet another Liberal get his comeupance. Just like the last two Speakahs.

Vermont is probably more Liberal. New York maybe. California. We're up there though.

If I go South...who is gonna give my Liberal brother a hard time?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
EagleSmack, I used to think New York drivers are crazy, until I visited Boston. I have driven in New York, but there is no way I am going to drive in Boston.

I remember once I had to visit a small town in New Hampshire (New London). Instead of flying to Boston, I flew to Hanover and rented a car there.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Have you considered moving to Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia? I think the politicians are pure over there, people are Godly and I understand it is positively a paradise.

Mississippi has has the nation's lowest living costs, one of the highest per capita in charitable contributions, the state capital, Jackson, ranks tenth in the nation in concentration of African-American same-sex couples...8O

Alabama is home to the largest industrial growth corridor in the nation. Alabama produces aerospace and electronic products. Huntsvill is home to the George C Marshall Space Flight Centre. In the 1970s and 1980s, Birmingham's economy was transformed by investments in bio-technology and medical research at the University of Alabama at Birmingham

If Georgia were a stand-alone country, it would be the 28th largest economy in the world. There are 15 Fortune 500 companies and 26 Fortune 1000 companies with headquarters in Georgia.

Misconceptions about the south persist. That's not surprising as people tend to make generalizations.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Just curious...

This was a Canadian company that obviously greased our fine Speaker of the House's palm. In other words...they paid him thousands to get a contract worth millions.

Can the Canadian company get in trouble? Dimasi is surely in trouble but what about COGNOS?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A crime has been committed for sure. Dimasi and his liberal hacks are going to jail or they are going to plead guilty. They are at least going to trial.

Is COGNOS responsible at all?

Can a company, any company, who wants a contract agree to a bribe and be innocent?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
EagleSmack, I do not blame you, personally.

But tell me, why your fellow citizens in Massachusetts keep on voting for archeological fossils like Ted Kennedy and John Kerry for the Senate?

Not to mention the rubble you guys vote in to the House every two years?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Just curious...

This was a Canadian company that obviously greased our fine Speaker of the House's palm. In other words...they paid him thousands to get a contract worth millions.

Can the Canadian company get in trouble? Dimasi is surely in trouble but what about COGNOS?

That's how business is done up here. The BC provincial government is so corrupt that it looks more like a crime syndicate. The US from anything I have been able to deduce is the same.

I suspect there will be repercussions because the first and most important rule was broken, don't get caught.