Bow down Obama

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They said that the common house servants are required to bow to King Saud. Obama knows his place I guess.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
They said that the common house servants are required to bow to King Saud. Obama knows his place I guess.

ONLY the common house servant? No one above that rank is expected to bow?

Because ya know, I teach my kids to do a lot of respectful things. Not a single one of them is an attempt to equate them with the lowest possible person on the totem pole who also, say, opens a door for a lady, or says 'bless you' when someone sneezes.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
ONLY the common house servant? No one above that rank is expected to bow?

Because ya know, I teach my kids to do a lot of respectful things. Not a single one of them is an attempt to equate them with the lowest possible person on the totem pole who also, say, opens a door for a lady, or says 'bless you' when someone sneezes.

The subjects of the King are required to bow.

I do not think the President of the US or any head of state is a subject of Saudi Arabia.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He is a head of state and the King of any country is not superior to any other head of state.

It has nothing to do with manners. Kings (per se) didn't bow before other Kings. Presidents, Prime Ministers etc. shouldn't bow either and probably don't. Unless you're Obama.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Now you're word twisting.

Well I do not mean to twist in the manner of which you are speaking. He, as the President of the US, should not be bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia. Did the King return the bow? Of course not. He is an equal and should not be bowing out of respect because bowing is bowing. We all know what bowing means.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Well I do not mean to twist in the manner of which you are speaking. He, as the President of the US, should not be bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia. Did the King return the bow? Of course not. He is an equal and should not be bowing out of respect because bowing is bowing. We all know what bowing means.

Did the king return the bow? No. First off, it's not required of kings and second, Saul was probably not expecting it. Obama's new to this too.... Why does the fact he shows respect offend the United States so?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Did the king return the bow? No. First off, it's not required of kings and second, Saul was probably not expecting it. Obama's new to this too.... Why does the fact he shows respect offend the United States so?

Not twisting here but it is not required of the President either. Obama is the first! HUURRAY! Kings aren't required nor are Presidents, PM's etc.

Because it also shows submission too.

But truly it doesn't surprise me. It is Obama.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Not twisting here but it is not required of the President either. Obama is the first! HUURRAY! Kings aren't required nor are Presidents, PM's etc.

Because it also shows submission too.

But truly it doesn't surprise me. It is Obama.
Good forbid anyone would think the U.S. would be submissive. Tho that would throw a few peoples nose out of joint. What ever happened to politeness?
Man some just love making little things into big ones.
It is incredible the amount of judgement on this mans back in face of the steep up hill climb he has to do. He has the responsability of hauling out the whole country out of its situation and he is judged every inch of the way.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good forbid anyone would think the U.S. would be submissive. Tho that would throw a few peoples nose out of joint. What ever happened to politeness?
Man some just love making little things into big ones.
It is incredible the amount of judgement on this mans back in face of the steep up hill climb he has to do. He has the responsability of hauling out the whole country out of its situation and he is judged every inch of the way.

Polite is shaking the King's hand.

He wanted the job... he's got it. It was all fun and games when Bush was in charge and people jumped on him for every slip up. The shoe is on the other foot now so toughen up.

Do you think Canada should be submissive?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

He wanted the job... he's got it. It was all fun and games when Bush was in charge and people jumped on him for every slip up. The shoe is on the other foot now so toughen up.

I think Canada should be respectful. See? I hold us to no higher standard than I do you.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec

Bush set standards that I don't believe any president will ever accomplish. Some of the criticism he got he pretty much deserves. True when Clinton was in power he got it too. And the jokes and funn they had on him was hilarious.