Bow down Obama

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
where's the line exactly, between requirement and willing to out of respect?

That is easy, karrie. When one does not like Obama, anything he does is wrong at some level. He bowed to Saudi king? He is no better than a common servant. He did not bow to the king? Why, he is just a boor, an ignoramus who has no manners and is purposely trying to offend our allies.

With conservatives, the poor guy just can't win, no matter what he does. Incidentally, it was the same with Clinton (and with Bush). It is the usual highly partisan nature of US politics,nothing more.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Polite is shaking the King's hand.

He wanted the job... he's got it. It was all fun and games when Bush was in charge and people jumped on him for every slip up. The shoe is on the other foot now so toughen up.

Do you think Canada should be submissive?

When Bush was the President and Harper was the PM, Canada was very submissive. Chrétien and Martin stood up to Bush. Chrétien particularly refused to get involved in Iraq. If Harper had been the PM at that time, Canada would have got involved in Iraq.

We will see how it works out with Harper and Obama in charge.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
That is easy, karrie. When one does not like Obama, anything he does is wrong at some level. He bowed to Saudi king? He is no better than a common servant. He did not bow to the king? Why, he is just a boor, an ignoramus who has no manners and is purposely trying to offend our allies.

With conservatives, the poor guy just can't win, no matter what he does. Incidentally, it was the same with Clinton (and with Bush). It is the usual highly partisan nature of US politics,nothing more.
except IMO or maybe i wasn't aware of it at the time , seemed to be worst when Bush was in power and afterwards .

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
except IMO or maybe i wasn't aware of it at the time , seemed to be worst when Bush was in power and afterwards .

I remembered a conservation I heard on Rush Limbaugh show a few years ago, showing that liberals just can’t win, no matter what they do.

This was during the 1996 election campaign between Clinton and Dole. Clinton was comfortably ahead in the polls by 8 or 9 points.

A dittohead called in to Limbaugh’s show. He claimed that he had talked to several liberals (as if a dittohead would ever talk to a liberal). He claimed that liberals did not believe the polls any more than conservatives did. Liberals are running scared and they are going to lose.

Limbaugh disagreed with him. According to Limbaugh, liberals did believe in the polls, were over confident, and so were going to lose.

So whether liberals believed in the polls or not, they just can’t win. That is how it is with political partisanship. Your side is the good side; your guys are good guys. Other side is the bad side; their guys are bad guys, no matter what the facts and no matter what happens.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I remembered a conservation I heard on Rush Limbaugh show a few years ago, showing that liberals just can’t win, no matter what they do.

This was during the 1996 election campaign between Clinton and Dole. Clinton was comfortably ahead in the polls by 8 or 9 points.

A dittohead called in to Limbaugh’s show. He claimed that he had talked to several liberals (as if a dittohead would ever talk to a liberal). He claimed that liberals did not believe the polls any more than conservatives did. Liberals are running scared and they are going to lose.

Limbaugh disagreed with him. According to Limbaugh, liberals did believe in the polls, were over confident, and so were going to lose.

So whether liberals believed in the polls or not, they just can’t win. That is how it is with political partisanship. Your side is the good side; your guys are good guys. Other side is the bad side; their guys are bad guys, no matter what the facts and no matter what happens.
I couldn't agree with you more. I find it sad and narrow minded .

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Polite is shaking the King's hand.

He wanted the job... he's got it. It was all fun and games when Bush was in charge and people jumped on him for every slip up. The shoe is on the other foot now so toughen up.

Do you think Canada should be submissive?

What if shaking the hand is considered offensive in that country? I know that there are some countries out there that the people there will not shake your hand as it is considered offensive, and it could be the same there.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Has any one thought that he might of been trying to put this guy at ease?
You know, start on the right foot?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Rushing blindly to defend a politician is like defending a rattler....they are both sneaky and will bite you if it serves their purpose......:lol:

But nobody does it better than a Liberal:laughing8:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Eagle, I disagreed with picking apart the minutia of Bush's time in office too. The 'you bashed Bush' stuff only goes so far in a conversation, and another 4 years of it will get old pretty quickly.

What it boils down to is should the potus (any of them), tailor their mannerisms to be diplomatic? If you think diplomacy is not a part of their job, then I think you've missed a lot.

Reactions: El Barto

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What if shaking the hand is considered offensive in that country? I know that there are some countries out there that the people there will not shake your hand as it is considered offensive, and it could be the same there.

It might have been protocol if it had happened in Saudi Arabia but it happened in England and other leaders just shook hand with him.............. another view shows the King with his hand outstretched high....... to just shake hand...
Maybe the President thought he should kiss his hand....and maybe he did;-)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Rushing blindly to defend a politician is like defending a rattler....they are both sneaky and will bite you if it serves their purpose......:lol:

But nobody does it better than a Liberal:laughing8:

Hey, don’t put down the rattler, he is not at all sneaky. A rattler will bite you only if you step on him (and even then not always).

Snakes are simply creatures of nature who are trying to survive. I would trust a snake over a politician any day.

As to being a partisan, conservatives can be fully as nasty (or even nastier) than liberals. Read the American right wing blogs sometime.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Hey, don’t put down the rattler, he is not at all sneaky. A rattler will bite you only if you step on him (and even then not always).

Snakes are simply creatures of nature who are trying to survive. I would trust a snake over a politician any day.

As to being a partisan, conservatives can be fully as nasty (or even nastier) than liberals. Read the American right wing blogs sometime.
ROFLMAO
bang on.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

That's a left hand/right hand thing. I've a buddy that worked in
Saudi Arabia for a while (oil patch), and they where taught as
Westerners that when you sat down to eat...you'd sit on your
left hand just in case you forgot and used your left hand to eat
with or reach for a food item, etc...

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I can understand American obamatons fawning over their new President and beleiving he can do no wrong ( his sh*t don't smell.. did you know?).......
But Canadians falling in line surprises me:roll:
It reminds me of the Trudeau-mania of the late '60,s and into the '70,s...

I sure hope for the rest of the world's sake that he doesn't disappoint them....

I mistrust all politicians......but more so Liberals:lol:;-)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
That's a left hand/right hand thing. I've a buddy that worked in
Saudi Arabia for a while (oil patch), and they where taught as
Westerners that when you sat down to eat...you'd sit on your
left hand just in case you forgot and used your left hand to eat
with or reach for a food item, etc...

Ron, I think in the far East and Middle East, they use right hand for food (no forks or spoon, they eat with their hand) and left hand for toilet (no tissue paper, they clean their bottom with water and left hand).

So they would consider it particularly gross and offensive if they see a Westerner eat with his left hand.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can understand American obamatons fawning over their new President and beleiving he can do no wrong ( his sh*t don't smell.. did you know?).......
But Canadians falling in line surprises me:roll:
It reminds me of the Trudeau-mania of the late '60,s and into the '70,s...

I sure hope for the rest of the world's sake that he doesn't disappoint them....

I mistrust all politicians......but more so Liberals:lol:;-)

You think not being willing to jump all over your POTUS over a bow is 'falling in line'? What happened to the American notion that Canadians shouldn't have an opinion about US presidents that ruled the day when Bush was running the show (Oh look.... karrie can break out irrelevant past issues too!!!)? Now we don't have enough of an opinion over him? Sheesh you Americans are a hard nut to crack. What do you want from us huh? :lol:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
But Canadians falling in line surprises me

DaSleeper, Obama is very popular in Canada. Also in Europe. The reception he got during his trip to Europe was comparable to that of a rock star. That was true even when he was a candidate; he got an audience of 250,000 when he went to Germany as a candidate.

I sure hope for the rest of the world's sake that he doesn't disappoint them..

As to whether he will be successful in turning the economy around, who knows? However, liberals and conservatives alike better hope that he succeeds. The consequences of his failure will be a depression comparable to the Great Depression, lasting perhaps ten years or more.