Comey under investigation for leaking trump memos

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
IG promises report on FBI chief's handling of classified info.

The tables seem to be turning on the criminals after all.
:)

COMEY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR LEAKING TRUMP MEMOS

Horowitz was speaking to Congress along with FBI Director Christopher Wray for the first time since the release of his report on the DOJ’s and the FBI’s investigation of Hillary’s mishandling of classified information.

Former FBI director James Comey is under investigation for mishandling classified information, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz revealed Monday at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

He said Comey is being investigated for the leaking of memos he wrote about his private meetings with President Trump. Comey has testified to Congress that he released the memos with the objective of triggering a special counsel investigation.

Horowitz said the inspector general’s office received a referral on the matter from the FBI.

“We are handling that referral and we will issue a report when the matter is complete, consistent with the law and rules that are — a report that’s consistent and takes those into account,” Horowitz said.

The inspector general also told the panel Monday that, according to testimony, Comey was concerned about his “survivability” as FBI director when he took certain steps during the 2016 election campaign regarding the Clinton probe.

“Do you think Mr. Comey, expecting Ms. Clinton to win the presidency, was thinking about his future as the FBI director?” asked Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas.

“I think that was a concern we had,” Horowitz said, stating the evidence was “even clearer” when Comey revealed on Oct. 28, 2016, the discovery on the laptop of former Rep. Anthony Weiner of new emails related to the probe then three days before the election announced they contained no new discoveries of classified information. Judicial Watch later found 18 classified emails were on the laptop, and the IG report concluded the email discovery should have been reported to Congress a month earlier.

“We have testimony indicating when [Comey] explained through his chief of staff why he was going to do what he did on October 28, he was concerned about his survivability,” Horowitz said.

As WND reported Thursday, the inspector general concluded Comey was “insubordinate” and “deviated” from FBI and Justice Department procedures in his oversight of the Clinton email investigation but did not find that he was motivated by political bias. However, the report also revealed a newly discovered Aug. 8, 2016, text exchange between the lead investigator in both the Clinton and Russia-collusion probes, Peter Strzok, showing he was determined to “stop” Trump from winning the election.

At the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Monday, Cornyn asked the inspector general what he thought Comey had in mind when in his original draft he used the term “grossly negligent” to describe Clinton’s actions — which are the words of the relevant criminal statute — and then changed it to “extremely careless.” Was he “writing toward a preordained result, or that this was a genuine process to think through what the evidence was and to try to apply the applicable law?”

“I think that would be hard to say and probably be speculation in terms of what he was thinking at the time,” Horowitz replied.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., noting the lead investigator’s determination to “stop” Trump, pointed out that if the aim was to ensure a Trump defeat, Clinton’s actions could not be deemed “grossly negligent.”
Comey under investigation for leaking Trump memos

Should criminals who break the law and hide the fact their bosses have broken the law, and who try interferen in an election, and to frame an elected politician, not be jailed?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
JW: IG Report Reconfirms that POTUS was RIGHT to Fire Comey

[youtube]e6Mw_KffSxM[/youtube]

Do tell...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
what do you do when you find out the President is a traitor?

It is a difficult position.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Yes , what do we do about the corruption from the last presidents operatives ?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

First thing is, you back your Sh*t up with some proof, or jam it up your gurlybutt, doood.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
House Republicans pursuing yet another Clinton witch hunt.

How many times does she have to hand them their asses on a platter?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
House Republicans pursuing yet another Clinton witch hunt.

How many times does she have to hand them their asses on a platter?
Like election 2016 , that was a good hand an ass on a platter . I thought that WAs exceptionally well played .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Yes Because Trump subpoenaed Hillary in 2016

A white natty told me.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes Because Trump subpoenaed Hillary in 2016

A white natty told me.
A white natty ? Is that supposed to be some sort of derogatory statement or something? Come on you can do better ,

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nothing he's done so far meets the Constitutional definition of treason, which is the only definition that counts.

Comey's actions deserve investigation. Like him or not, any honest person has to admit that he involved himself in the political process more than any other FBI Director since Hoover.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If you know the President is a traitor do you have to say so?

I would think that you do.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you know the President is a traitor do you have to say so?
No. And he's not. Here, I'll clear it up for you.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."
-- U.S. Const., Art. III, sec. 3.

I would think that you do.
And you'd be wrong. Again.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No. And he's not. Here, I'll clear it up for you.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."
-- U.S. Const., Art. III, sec. 3.

And you'd be wrong. Again.
Would dressing battlefield wounds of enemy soldiers not be considered aid and comfort ?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If you are a director of an American intelligence agency who knows that the president is the president because of russian assistance he knowingly pursued then I would think that you have to say so.

Maybe that will pass the rigorous semantic test

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you are a director of an American intelligence agency who knows that the president is the president because of russian assistance he knowingly pursued then I would think that you have to say so.
Maybe that will pass the rigorous semantic test
Passes any semantic test you like. Doesn't pass the standard for treason, and does not require that you "say so."

Regardless of what you would think.