Comey under investigation for leaking trump memos

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Passes any semantic test you like. Doesn't pass the standard for treason, and does not require that you "say so."

Regardless of what you would think.
it would be more convincing if his actions had not resulted in him becoming the president

trea·son
/ˈtrēzən/
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
it would be more convincing if his actions had not resulted in him becoming the president
trea·son
/ˈtrēzən/
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government
Nice. Probably some online dictionary. Too bad I've already given you the Constitutional definition of treason, which as I said and you don't seem capable of grasping, is the only one that counts.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

trea·son
/ˈtrēzən/
noun
Being elected is overthrowing the government ? Wow that electoral college thing really gets you down .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ok makes sense . Just thinking of the Canadian hero Omar Kadir who blew up the corps men tending his wounds .
If that happened, and if he had been American, he probably would have been liable for treason under the Constitution. But why bother when it's so much easier to get him for murder?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Because Trump has not adhered to aided or abetted a foreign power.

A self described legal expert around here told me.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Because Trump has not adhered to aided or abetted a foreign power.
A self described legal expert around here told me.
Did he? Or did he quote the Constitution as saying "adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Why do you even bother mis-quoting the text? Do you think it isn't easily checked? Or do you just convince yourself it says what you want it to say, and then let 'er rip?

It's amazing how much you are like Trump in your thinking.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
My question was not really about Trump - it was about if a head of an American intelligence agency had knew the president was guilty of a crime.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My question was not really about Trump - it was about if a head of an American intelligence agency had knew the president was guilty of a crime.
Still no obligation to go public with it. Kinda funny how you've been babbling "treason" for two pages, and now it's suddenly "a crime."

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If you know the President is a traitor do you have to say so?

I would think that you do.
Kind of funny how you have elevated what was basically a rhetorical yes/no question into whatever this is now.

Starting to think you get paid by the word.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Nothing will happen to Comey and also Lynch. Both probably won't honor the House Committee subpoena and when the new House Majority Leader takes over it will all get swept under the rug.