58% Of Americans Believe Abortion Is “Morally Wrong,”

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Via Zip:

83% Favor Laws To Restrict Abortion…

January 10, 2013, (National Right to Life News)—A new Marist poll conducted for the Knights of Columbus reveals that 83% of Americans favor significant limitations on what is now essentially abortion on demand. That is up 4 points from last year.

A total of 56% of respondents believe either that abortion should never be permitted (10%), allowed only to save the life of the mother (12%), or only in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother (34%).

The telephone survey of 1,246 adults conducted in early December found that 27% would limit abortion to the first three months of pregnancy, at most. Another 6% would allow abortion during the first six months of pregnancy while only 11% would allow abortion at any time.

more

LifeSiteNews Mobile | More than four in five Americans support major limitations on abortion, poll shows

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Twelve or thirteen hundred people out of three hundred million
Alright I will go for that on some conditions. When was the survey?
What economic ratio's were added, these make a difference. I for
one have some issues with abortion but then that nagging old thing
called the constitution gets in the way. You know where everyone is
entitled to liberty and happiness. Oh I didn't leave life out its just that
the child is not born yet so there is a question as to when life begins.
There will never be an answer to that. This is a social issue and the
abortion process will go on legal or not.
I would wonder if it were a national issue in an election what the outcome
would be? Oh it was and has been an issue and those pro life folks don't
do to well.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Twelve or thirteen hundred people out of three hundred million
Alright I will go for that on some conditions. When was the survey?
What economic ratio's were added, these make a difference. I for
one have some issues with abortion but then that nagging old thing
called the constitution gets in the way. You know where everyone is
entitled to liberty and happiness. Oh I didn't leave life out its just that
There will never be an answer to that. This is a social issue and the
abortion process will go on legal or not.
I would wonder if it were a national issue in an election what the outcome
would be? Oh it was and has been an issue and those pro life folks don't
do to well.

The majority of Canadians you would find are also against Abortion past a certain trimester. So why are you on this slam the US slant.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Interesting. Wonder how many of them have actually had abortions and/or would have an abortion if they felt the need.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The majority of Canadians you would find are also against Abortion past a certain trimester. So why are you on this slam the US slant.
The OP is about Americans? Do you think that The Knights of Columbus might have slanted the survey to suit their pro-life bent?
As for Canadians, so what? I think the issue here, in spite of opinions to the contrary, is: do we want to return to the good old days of back alleys and coat hangers?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Didn't slam them at all, as it Canada you can have all the surveys you want if you
put it to the poll that counts women come out in droves to vote in their interest and
that is the poll that counts.
I for one don't like late term abortions because people have had enough time to
make up their mind prior to that point.
The problem is these polls are taken but we don't have any information as to who is
being polled. This goes for a lot of other things besides abortions. That is the problem
with polling at times..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The OP is about Americans? Do you think that The Knights of Columbus might have slanted the survey to suit their pro-life bent?
As for Canadians, so what? I think the issue here, in spite of opinions to the contrary, is: do we want to return to the good old days of back alleys and coat hangers?

Ah the scare tactics have risen.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ah the scare tactics have risen.
Scare tactics? Yo deny that people will get their abortions, legal or not? Abortions are done in hospitals because so many women died or were permanently damaged by back alley abortions when I was still in school.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Scare tactics? Yo deny that people will get their abortions, legal or not? Abortions are done in hospitals because so many women died or were permanently damaged by back alley abortions when I was still in school.
Noooo they went to "go visit an aunt" which was Nuns who housed the women through term, birth and post birth and arranged adoptions of the children.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Not a scare tactic at all, people will do what is they are going to do regardless of how
many laws you have when it comes to the social issues of the day. Take a look at
it. In Canada and the United States did the booze industry die during prohibition? No
it did quite well on both sides of the boarder and my family now all gone did very well
profiting from it. That is both on my mother and fathers side.
Right now we have an abundance of drug laws some good some not so good, the pot
laws people would repeal if their was a referendum. The majority of Canadians would
vote to make it legal.
Gay Marriage in America the fight goes on and so far the pro gay marriage side is slowly
winning.
Prostitution will be next as the law is ineffective people will do what they are going to do.
The list goes on. illegal gambling has subsided only because the governments became the
bookie as it were.
So when it comes to abortion, if they went backwards and made it illegal, the outlaws would
be in business the next day and the customers would find them. Back alley abortions and
the sale of coat hangers would rise so would the price. That is not a scare its reality.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Noooo they went to "go visit an aunt" which was Nuns who housed the women through term, birth and post birth and arranged adoptions of the children.
Some did but many abortions were done in back alleys. I knew a few girls who screwed their lives up that way and a few that never came back. But that was Montreal. Maybe the prairies were more "civilized"... but I doubt it. Not everybody could afford to go to term. The poor died in alleys.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Some did but many abortions were done in back alleys. I knew a few girls who screwed their lives up that way and a few that never came back. But that was Montreal. Maybe the prairies were more "civilized"... but I doubt it. Not everybody could afford to go to term. The poor died in alleys.
Malarky.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
allowed only to save the life of the mother (12%), or only in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother (34%).

The telephone survey of 1,246 adults conducted in early December found that 27% would limit abortion to the first three months of pregnancy, at most.
That would be me, but I think there's always an exception to a general rule, so I wouldn't draft a bill that was too rigid in the first place were I a lawmaker.

Oh I didn't leave life out its just that
There will never be an answer to that.
Wrong. Scientifically, life begins at the first cellular division, which is within an hour of Mr.Sperm-meets-Ms.Egg. The problem lies in when the life becomes a person.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A pen never touches a birth certificate. It's machine printed.
Keep nitpicking, though, it's comical.
They have a machine that records date and time of birth in the delivery room that signs off for the Doc?

Technology eh? It's somethin' else.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Doc fills out a form, sends it to gov't, gov't approves it and issues a birth certificate using a machine.
Keep skipping down your little path of tangents and strawmen. It's comical.
As soon as the Doc signs you have a Person printing and mailing a card doesn't change anything.