Romney Closes In On A Landslide Victory

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- Baring some successful last minute Hail Mary pass by Obama's Chicago Mafia (which is unlikely not because the Catholic Church is suing the Obama crowd for being forced to sanction and subsidize birth control so that Mary won't be receptive to their Hail Mary pass but because the administration's colossal failures both domestic and foreign are finally registering in the public's mind as for the first time the GOP is spending at least as much as the Democrats in TV advertising and because the phony demonization of Romney was discredited by his sterling debate performance with all but the true believer left wing morons), Mitt Romney has the momentum to not just win but to win big next Tuesday.

- Currently, RealClearPolitics gives Romney a one point lead in averaging the recent polls of likely voters while in 2008 Obama had a more than six point lead over McCain. But the two polls that have been historically the most accurate because they encompass a large number of likely voters over a rolling average of several days, the Rasmussen and the Gallop polls, have Romney up by 2 and 5 points respectively. More significantly, these two polls have shown Romney with a lead of between 2 and 6 points every day for the past three weeks. And historically when a challenger leads this late in the game he has always maintained and usually lengthened his lead on voting day.

- Also telling is the new "vote election model" released today by the bipartisan Battleground Poll. This poll actually gives Obama a one point lead if the vote were held yesterday but projects Romney winning by five points (52%-47%) on November 6th.

- This is a brief explanation of the aforementioned battleground Poll:

The poll’s election model takes into account variables including voter intensity, age, and education, and voters who are certain in their vote. The race “remains very close in the surface,” Goeas said, “but the political environment and the composition of the likely electorate favor Governor Romney.”

The projected outcome by the Battleground Poll is close to that of the Gallup Poll. Last week, Gallup said Romney leads Obama 49 percent to 46 percent in its model of the electorate’s composition on November 6.

The Battleground Poll is conducted by Goeas of the Tarrance Group and Celinda Lake of Lake Research Partners. Goeas is a Republican, Lake a Democrat. The survey is affiliated with Politico and George Washington University.

- Bottom line is a decisive Romney victory on November 6th with Obama winning that famous 47% of the vote cited by Romney is a private discussion of campaign strategy as being solid supporters of BO because they pay no income taxes and so don't care about Mitt's lower taxes policy and/or because they want more and bigger entitlements from an even bigger government and so are opposed to smaller government as promised by Romney.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So Teddy, what's it like in that fantasy world you're in? Hopefully it lasts after the election.

Although to be fair, if Romney does win... I pity all my US friends.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Obama hasn't done your US friends much of a favor up to now... Your US friends deserve your sympathy either way the election goes

- CM ... Believe me when I tell you that BO hasn't done Canada any favours either.

I've got the champagne cooling.

- Walter ... You can also have Mitt's share of the celebratory champaign AND bring him along to the victory party as the designated driver. Hell of a deal, eh?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I hope it's a tie. That way i can justify sitting here wearing nothing but magic gonch and a pair of Nikes.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

206 Romney 201 Obama from clear politics.. what page you reading Goober??

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012

- Goober ... Four weeks ago Obama was cruising to a strong victory with a 4-7 point popular vote edge and 330-350 electoral college votes and that has all changed now. Romney will win the popular vote by 4-8 points and will probably win the electoral college with 315-330 votes. However, it is possible in the strange US system for Mitt to win the popular vote but then lose the electoral college vote in which case Obama would win the election. This is essentially what happened in the 2000 Bush-Gore cliffhanger when Gore won the popular vote by less than one percent but lost the presidency in the electoral college as confirmed by the SCOTUS. The left went apesh#t then but undoubtedly will be pleased with such an outcome favouring Obama this time around. My own feeling about the election is based partly on the changing polls and partly on my gut feel that Americans really are wising up to the fraud that was perpetrated on them in 2008 with the novelty candidate and so they are finally feeling real buyer's remorse.

- We'll see in only 8 days, eh?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
- Goober ... Four weeks ago Obama was cruising to a strong victory with a 4-7 point popular vote edge and 330-350 electoral college votes and that has all changed now. Romney will win the popular vote by 4-8 points and will probably win the electoral college with 315-330 votes. However, it is possible in the strange US system for Mitt to win the popular vote but then lose the electoral college vote in which case Obama would win the election. This is essentially what happened in the 2000 Bush-Gore cliffhanger when Gore won the popular vote by less than one percent but lost the presidency in the electoral college as confirmed by the SCOTUS. The left went apesh#t then but undoubtedly will be pleased with such an outcome favouring Obama this time around. My own feeling about the election is based partly on the changing polls and partly on my gut feel that Americans really are wising up to the fraud that was perpetrated on them in 2008 with the novelty candidate and so they are finally feeling real buyer's remorse.

- We'll see in only 8 days, eh?

It is possible that you will not know on Nov 6th
In Ohio- They do not start matching mail in ballot to the voters that went t the polls until 17 Nov. So we may have a tad of time to wait.

Funny how this should have been a cakewalk for a Republican with a heart beat and a Stem Cell- Does not reflect well on their platforms or past history now does it.

From the Globe and Mail
Florida’s so-called “hanging chads” on punched card ballots were the biggest bone of contention in 2000. This year, however, it is the authenticity of absentee (or mail-in) ballots and the validity of provisional ballots that are expected to spark protracted legal challenges on both sides, meaning that Nov. 6 could come and go without a clear winner in the presidential race.Hurricane Sandy, which has led states in its passage to cancel early voting scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, could also throw a wrench into the process. On Sunday, lines were so long at early voting stations in Virginia and Maryland that some voters simply gave up and went home. That is a problem for the Obama campaign, which is counting on amassing a big lead in early voting to carry its candidate over the top on election day in Virginia, a critical swing state. Maryland is solidly Democratic.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes it is about the economy and the problem of the economy was created by the
Bush Republican White House and if Republicans retake the White House it will
get even worse.
I still believe the Obama Administration will hold onto a narrow victory, not even the
Tea Party can muster up enough lies and hate to out vision reason, and if that does
happen the people get what they deserve. The whole Free Enterprise unregulated
system will collapse into a major depression that will take the western world with it.
The other problem is the Chinese will be in a much better position to take over as the
worlds leading currency and when that happens America will fade from the spot light
of history. Seems to me the end of American influence is coming pretty quick anyway,
it will just be a little faster if Romney makes it. I personally hope and believe the voter
will sober up before election day.