Romney Closes In On A Landslide Victory

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
If the full truth gets out about the Libya tragedy and also the ordered replacement of flag level Commandants at the order of the White House Obama will be a second place finisher. The replacement of the US Navy Carrier Strike Group Admiral and the USAF Base Commandants are linked before the election day it will over for all of that group. I'm hoping all of us will think, "America first!" rather than "Me first along with power and money!"

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I don't think Romney has a chance of victory. He might have tried to distance himself from the regressive, libertarian economic ideology that has been driving the Republican Party for years. That would have given him a chance and still allowed him to represent Conservative economic and social policies.

But he was incapable of doing so.. because the Republican Party is no longer Conservative.. it is invested with Classic Economic Liberalism (which will inevitably lead to moral relativism as well). So he's handed the election to Obama.. even given the bad and ineffective President he has been.

The Republican Party is turning itself into an irrelevancy.. no longer able to address the issues facing the American people in a constructive way. They are simply squawking libertarian ideologues these days pandering to an ever smaller group of those benefitting from the disastrous 'Free' Market paradigm.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If the full truth gets out about the Libya tragedy and also the ordered replacement of flag level Commandants at the order of the White House Obama will be a second place finisher. The replacement of the US Navy Carrier Strike Group Admiral and the USAF Base Commandants are linked before the election day it will over for all of that group. I'm hoping all of us will think, "America first!" rather than "Me first along with power and money!"

Sure HB, see if you can convince the native Israeli firsters to put Uncle Sam head of the line. Ain't going to happen. The Libyan tragedy is American politics which has reduced vast swaths of Libya to rubble and installed Al Queda to rule.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
This will in no way be a landslide for either side. It will be close in the popular vote and close in the stupid electoral college. I'm not picking any winners. I will pick the losers though and that is the american citizens because BOTH of the candidates will fail miserably to represent anyone except the big corporate donors. Until people realize this they (and we) can have all the elections you want and it won't matter.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
George Will: Mugging our descendants : Opinion
And another problem costing 10's of billions a year

Since 1948, male labor force participation has plummeted from 89 percent to 73 percent. Today, 27 percent of adult men do not consider themselves part of the workforce: "A large part of the jobs problem for American men today is not wanting one." Which is why "labor force participation ratios for men in the prime of life are lower in America than in Europe."

One reason work now is neither a duty nor a necessity is the gaming -- defrauding, really -- of disability entitlements. In 1960, an average of 455,000 workers were receiving disability payments; in 2011, 8.6 million were -- more than four times the number of persons receiving basic welfare benefits under Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. Nearly half of the 8.6 million were "disabled" because of "mood disorders" or ailments of the "musculoskeletal system and the connective tissue." It is, says Eberstadt, essentially impossible to disprove a person's claim to be suffering from sad feelings or back pain.

"In 1960," Eberstadt says, "roughly 134 Americans were engaged in gainful employment for every officially disabled worker; by December 2010 there were just over 16." This, in spite of the fact that public health was much better, and automation and the growth of the service/information economy had made work less physically demanding. Eberstadt says collecting disability is an increasingly important American "profession":

For every 100 industrial workers in December 2010, there were 73 "workers" receiving disability payments. Between January 2010 and December 2011, the U.S. economy created 1.73 million nonfarm jobs -- but almost half as many (790,000) workers became disability recipients. This trend is not a Great Recession phenomenon: In the 15 years ending in December 2011, America added 8.8 million nonfarm private sector jobs -- and 4.1 million workers on disability rolls.

The radiating corruption of this entitlement involves the collaboration of doctors and health care professionals who certify dubious disability claims. The judicial system, too, is compromised in the process of setting disability standards that enable all this.

America's ethos once was what Eberstadt calls "optimistic Puritanism," combining an affinity for personal enterprise with a horror of dependency. Nov. 6 is a late and perhaps last chance to begin stopping the scandal of plundering our descendants' wealth to finance the demands of today's entitlement mentality.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I just wanted to note that Teddy made 3 whole posts and only called somebody a moron once. I think we should all applaud his improvements and encourage him to continue. :smile:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Did someone say the Republicans are infested with economic and social liberalism? Nothing could
be farther from the truth. The Republicans are infested with reactionary Tea Party right wing fringe
people. They want to institute their version of economics and morality as well. They have lined up
the weirdo church groups and the extreme conservative elements that want to take America back to
some imaginary simpler time. If Romney would have stayed true to simple economic mainstream
conservatism he would have at least preserved American Sanity. If the country falls to the inner
crowd in charge of the Republican Party, they are going to hell in a hand basket.
We have people who believe Jesus is coming back any day now and all the problems from economic
to the environment will be healed over night. We have people who will economically gut the country
for their own self interest, the people be damned as it were. No medicare for all, pensioners will get
less than their share and the poor will pay for the rich, oh middle class, what middle class?
America is heading for a day of reckoning too bad its with itself.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Amazing? or just becoming aware of the likely outcome and doesn't find crow pallatable?

- JLM ... Actually, the reason I didn't call anybody a moron in the referenced 3 posts (aside from a generic reference to true believing left wing morons) is because nobody showed up on this thread of mine to say really moronic things or to come here just to be an A-hole and to try to bait me and to be so moronic that they actually believe they have succeeded. I posted a thread stating an opinion about an important matter and several posters made thoughtful comments regarding different but relevant aspects of said matter. This is how this thing is supposed to work.

- Then, perhaps inevitably, three lefties showed up with the sole intention of baiting and attacking me in a sarcastic and moronic fashion, adding nothing whatsoever of any value to the actual topic of the discussion.

- I let this slide for the first 2 of these lefty loons and then you just had to get your oar in and make your usual moronic comments.

- While you are not the most extreme and twisted and bitter and psychotic of the lefty loons here, you may well be the most moronic. By your own admission, you know next to nothing about US politics but you insist on proving this by posting moronic prattle in almost every thread about US politics. You have no job but attempt with hilarious results to pontificate on what a president's job is all about (very little and with no economic impact according to you), why Obama is the right choice for the job of president (because he personally "got" OBL and he seems like a decent guy who cares about his country whereas the other guy presumably is indecent and doesn't care about his country) and you continue to be nothing but a moronic waste of space here with a big mouth and a tiny brain.

- As to the idiotic eating crow bit, it is spelled palatable not pallatable, moron, and I rarely have to eat crow but, unlike you I suspect, I am man enough to do so when the results indicate that I am wrong.

- Oh, my, it seems that now I may not get another snarky post from a lefty with nothing intelligent to say "congratulating" me for not using the M word.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Gallup: Romney Extends Lead Over Obama To 5-Points…

Via The Hill:
Mitt Romney gained a point over President Obama, according to a Gallup daily tracking poll released Monday, and now holds a healthy 5-percentage-point national lead.

Romney took 51 percent support in the poll of likely voters, compared to 46 percent for Obama.

The GOP nominee also pulled even with Obama among registered voters, 48 percent to 48, after trailing by a point on Sunday.

The survey is a rolling seven-day average through Oct. 28, so it has almost fully digested voter sentiment since last Monday’s third and final presidential debate.

Keep reading…

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/29/gallup-romney-extends-lead-over-obama-to-5-points/

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
- JLM ... Actually, the reason I didn't call anybody a moron in the referenced 3 posts (aside from a generic reference to true believing left wing morons) is because nobody showed up on this thread of mine to say really moronic things or to come here just to be an A-hole and to try to bait me and to be so moronic that they actually believe they have succeeded. I posted a thread stating an opinion about an important matter and several posters made thoughtful comments regarding different but relevant aspects of said matter. This is how this thing is supposed to work.

- Then, perhaps inevitably, three lefties showed up with the sole intention of baiting and attacking me in a sarcastic and moronic fashion, adding nothing whatsoever of any value to the actual topic of the discussion.

- I let this slide for the first 2 of these lefty loons and then you just had to get your oar in and make your usual moronic comments.

- While you are not the most extreme and twisted and bitter and psychotic of the lefty loons here, you may well be the most moronic. By your own admission, you know next to nothing about US politics but you insist on proving this by posting moronic prattle in almost every thread about US politics. You have no job but attempt with hilarious results to pontificate on what a president's job is all about (very little and with no economic impact according to you), why Obama is the right choice for the job of president (because he personally "got" OBL and he seems like a decent guy who cares about his country whereas the other guy presumably is indecent and doesn't care about his country) and you continue to be nothing but a moronic waste of space here with a big mouth and a tiny brain.

- As to the idiotic eating crow bit, it is spelled palatable not pallatable, moron, and I rarely have to eat crow but, unlike you I suspect, I am man enough to do so when the results indicate that I am wrong.

- Oh, my, it seems that now I may not get another snarky post from a lefty with nothing intelligent to say "congratulating" me for not using the M word.

According to you..................LOL

Admitting that I don't know much about U.S. politics isn't admitting that I know less than you. LOL

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I was really quite sincere Teddy. No Baiting, No sarcasm. Then you had to lose your rag per what seems to be your standard MO. Here is a hint, if you think JLM is baiting and trolling then ignore him, don't respond to his posts.

I am trying to help you here man so please don't get your knickers in a knot.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Should listen to what PN posted after this thread- Appears that you fall of the wagon quite easily.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Only a complete and utter imbecile would start every paragraph with a '-'.

Perhaps not the "brightest candle on the cake". I think the "-" is meant to add to the veracity of his points. LOL Got to give him credit though for picking up the typo in palatable.