Another triumph for the Right

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
After being lambated by the left for saying he doesn't believe in homosexual marriage, and havng the mayors of Boston and Chicago saying that his stores are not welcome iin their cities, a massive show of support is happening for Chik-fil-A owner Dan Cathy. In some cities the local Wendy's are telling customers to support Chik-fil-A today instead of ordering from Wendy's. Wonder if the MSM will cover this story.
Blog: Happy 'Chick-fil-a Appreciation Day'
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/08/chick-fil-a_appreciate_day_bri.html
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...arty-support-in-northridge.html?dlvrit=649324

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
After being lambated by the left for saying he doesn't believe in homosexual marriage, and havng the mayors of Boston and Chicago saying that his stores are not welcome iin their cities, a massive show of support is happening for Chik-fil-A owner Dan Cathy. In some cities the local Wendy's are telling customers to support Chik-fil-A today instead of ordering from Wendy's. Wonder if the MSM will cover this story.

So people using religious beliefs to opress people is fine with you. Then you should have no problem with Sharia law- Islamists and such. I mean fair is fair now ain't it?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I fully support LGBTQ civil rights. Having said that can any one show me where this sandwich shop committed an act of illegal discrimination? I don't think anyone can.

So what we are talking about is freedom of thought and freedom of speech. Why is there a rush to silence opposing thought and speech? I oppose any attempt to silence anyone.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I fully support LGBTQ civil rights. Having said that can any one show me where this sandwich shop committed an act of illegal discrimination? I don't think anyone can.

So what we are talking about is freedom of thought and freedom of speech. Why is there a rush to silence opposing thought and speech? I oppose any attempt to silence anyone.

The owners are billionaires. Not just a shop run by Mom and Pop.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Our own Boston Mayor Mumbles Menino started this off when Chik Fil A expressed interest in opening up a place in Boston. The Mayor said they were not welcome because the owner's stance on gay marriage.

I wonder when our Catholic Mayor is going to start kicking out the churches from Boston?

Boston has the dumbest mayor in the country... if not the world. Just listen to the clown if you can stand it....

Classic Mumbles Menino Interviews - YouTube

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out huge crowds in Madison County | al.com
Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day gets tea party support in Northridge - latimes.com

What is "lambated"? Some form of masturbation?

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands

They fund on the bill of taxpayers (through tax deductible donations) organizations that so discriminate. One million to Marriage & Family Legacy Fund, who admits to discriminatory housing policy. Half a million to Fellowship of Christian Athletes that won't accept any gay members. A boycott is easily justifiable to people who find the bahaviours of those charities to be less than charitable: why give them your money if they are going to avoid paying taxes by spending your money on charities that you do not believe are charities?

You cannot support free speech and not support the right of people to condemn specific opinions. As some take the freedom to condemn homosexuality, the others take the freedom to condemn the condemnation.

A ban on a restaurant license, on the other hand, is clearly overreach.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I support the Mayor's right to say whatever he wants. The same with the owner of ChickFilA.

KNOWING the Mayor of Boston with me being from here I know that he rules the city. He will set his inspectors down at that construction site, hold up permits and make it a miserable place to work. He is not above that at all. Anyone that does business in Boston knows that the Mayor wields quite a bit of authority. There are no checks and balances in the city or the state.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I support the Mayor's right to say whatever he wants. The same with the owner of ChickFilA.

KNOWING the Mayor of Boston with me being from here I know that he rules the city. He will set his inspectors down at that construction site, hold up permits and make it a miserable place to work. He is not above that at all. Anyone that does business in Boston knows that the Mayor wields quite a bit of authority. There are no checks and balances in the city or the state.

Yeah, and that is just asinine. I might think that anyone who fights against gay rights is a horrid twat, but they get a chance to make a living just like everybody else. (I'd like to say I wouldn't eat there, but we just registered a domain with GoDaddy... so so much for principles.)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What the hell is wrong with America, did the whole nation suffer a massive head trauma?
Imagine, we have people losing their homes, we have little foster kids going without the
necessities, we have drought causing impending shortages of food and rising prices.
Bridges, roads and civic governments going broke, the possibility of another serious and
I mean serious recession coming, we have people mass killing each other as if it were
some kind of sport with over 300 million guns, and snap happy trigger fingers to march.
We have a less that adequate leadership in Washington being opposed by a nut bar
and an asylum full of Congressmen. and what do we fight over.

The Personal Beliefs of the owner of a Sandwich shop chain there couldn't be anything
more important than this could there?

As for his beliefs they are his, beliefs even though they cross the line into bigotry. And
yes I dare to use that ugly word which applies when people hate others for who they are.
One might hate someone for some dastardly deed they did to others that is different but
to hate someone because they are gay, black, left handed and God knows what else, it
is bigotry. I would not shop there knowing this person harbours hatred for others for who
they are, and I guess I won't have my burger at Wendy's for a while either.
Free speech and freedom of expression were designed to be used responsibly and not
just as a means of flapping one's lips. I have no problem with differing opinions.
However I have a problem when people who are supposed to be living in a enlightened
civilized society behave like children who have not developed their manners yet.
This is not to say that the folks who are gay are always better, I hear a lot of insults and
flapping lips from that side too, mostly reacting to ignorance, but return ignorance is no
excuse. If the right feels, they triumphed promoting ignorance I can understand that as
I see Romney and the Tea Party flapping their gums daily.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
As long as there is no discrimination the principle of freedom of thought and speech applies to all regardless of wealth or poverty.

True - And all the Homosexuals want is the same rights that heterosexuals have under the Constitution. And the Constitution is supposed to be free from religion- If that were the case the USSSC would have approved same sex marriage- Same with all States. While using free speech to target a specific group for loss of Federal and State rights /company benefits- pension protections etc is legal- Does not make it right.
Now does it.