Another triumph for the Right

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I've always thought the 'gay lobby' was a paper tiger... they growl and posture and feign injury... but they got no claws or fangs. Maybe some of the politicos will quit fawning to their every perceived indignity at some point... and stop this absurd affirmation of such a self destructive affliction.
Perhaps left-handed people, red-haired people, lightning-struck people, and people with various environmentally and/or genetically caused disorders and diseases will also grow out of "such a self destructive affliction", too.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Perhaps left-handed people, red-haired people, lightning-struck people, and people with various environmentally and/or genetically caused disorders and diseases will also grow out of "such a self destructive affliction", too.

Those are things you are, not things you do. There is a difference. You might as well legitimize kleptomania or serial killing.. as natural 'genetic predispositions' or 'orientations'.. immune to human free will, awareness of good and evil, and good judgement to control their behaviour, using your logic.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Those are things you are, not things you do. There is a difference.
True. They are also naturally occuring phenomenon, like homosexuality.
You might as well legitimize kleptomania or serial killing..
... or bigotry?
as natural 'genetic predispositions' or 'orientations'.. immune to human free will,
There is no such thing as free will. Every single person is a slave to their genetics and the electrochemistry of their brains.
awareness of good and evil,
Whose version?
and good judgement
One man's sin is another's ......
to control their behaviour, using your logic.
Nah. Using my logic, everyone is different so I don't lump all people with one particular trait into a group and claim they are all psychologically the same. An apple is red so that must mean all apples are red, right?