You were lied to - are you going to do something about it?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
RE: You were lied to - are you going to do something about i

The USA already has a very large force of illegal aliens inside its borders. Pray all those Mexicans don't take up arms!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
RE: You were lied to - are you going to do something about i

The USA already has a very large force of illegal aliens inside its borders. Pray all those Mexicans don't take up arms!

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Re: You were lied to - are you going to do something about i

I hardly qualify a few terrorists withing national borders as invaders. Yes 9/11 was an attack on the US, but it was not an invasion. Terrorists were not out patrolling the streets in armored vehicles. They did not have check points, prisons, or numbers large enough to represent any kind of credible threat to the US. Worst case... and thats pretty bad... is that someone will smuggle a nuke into the states and detonate it. Thats still not an invasion. If anyone has seen the movie red dawn from the 80's (i think) you can see what the US would be like if it was actually ever invaded. Note the large numbers of enemy troops and the harsh impositions on American citizens... starting with curtailing of rights and privacies (hmmm... sort of what Bush is already doing with American anti terrorist legislation, patriot act anyone. Second, you might notice the brave band of freedom fighters in the movie, fighting impossible odds for the sake of their country and their friends and families... locked up in camps... jeeze i don't even have to try with this stuff. Anyhow, back to the topic of the forum. as a Canadian i can do nothing about what is going on in another country with a democratically elected government. I support the NDP and try to spread the liberal message where ever possible, however because i do not live in a black and white world like some people, my messages are not as definitive or convincing as say “turn the middle east into black glass” or “they hate us for our freedom”. Unfortunately I get drowned out in the sea of voices with definite convictions. I am wishy washy, why? Because the world is Grey and its really hard to explore a landscape where there are no good or bad guys. The US does good things. It does bad things. The war in Iraq is not all bad. It is certainly not all good. Could a better solution have been found... maybe. Was Iraq invaded for the wrong reasons... maybe. This stuff doesn't make good news. It doesn't communicate well to the average person who doesn't have the time to look at in depth issues. Still I agree that for the most part Canadians are much better informed about topics like this then Americans.

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

I hardly qualify a few terrorists withing national borders as invaders. Yes 9/11 was an attack on the US, but it was not an invasion. Terrorists were not out patrolling the streets in armored vehicles. They did not have check points, prisons, or numbers large enough to represent any kind of credible threat to the US. Worst case... and thats pretty bad... is that someone will smuggle a nuke into the states and detonate it. Thats still not an invasion. If anyone has seen the movie red dawn from the 80's (i think) you can see what the US would be like if it was actually ever invaded. Note the large numbers of enemy troops and the harsh impositions on American citizens... starting with curtailing of rights and privacies (hmmm... sort of what Bush is already doing with American anti terrorist legislation, patriot act anyone. Second, you might notice the brave band of freedom fighters in the movie, fighting impossible odds for the sake of their country and their friends and families... locked up in camps... jeeze i don't even have to try with this stuff. Anyhow, back to the topic of the forum. as a Canadian i can do nothing about what is going on in another country with a democratically elected government. I support the NDP and try to spread the liberal message where ever possible, however because i do not live in a black and white world like some people, my messages are not as definitive or convincing as say “turn the middle east into black glass” or “they hate us for our freedom”. Unfortunately I get drowned out in the sea of voices with definite convictions. I am wishy washy, why? Because the world is Grey and its really hard to explore a landscape where there are no good or bad guys. The US does good things. It does bad things. The war in Iraq is not all bad. It is certainly not all good. Could a better solution have been found... maybe. Was Iraq invaded for the wrong reasons... maybe. This stuff doesn't make good news. It doesn't communicate well to the average person who doesn't have the time to look at in depth issues. Still I agree that for the most part Canadians are much better informed about topics like this then Americans.

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto

Pycrete said:
If anyone has seen the movie red dawn from the 80's (i think) you can see what the US would be like if it was actually ever invaded.

Yes. Hollywood has it all figured out. Back in the 80's they provided the first accurate view of the future.

A whole board of friggen McFly's. Except Pycrete. He/she is Dr. Emmett Brown.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004

Pycrete said:
If anyone has seen the movie red dawn from the 80's (i think) you can see what the US would be like if it was actually ever invaded.

Yes. Hollywood has it all figured out. Back in the 80's they provided the first accurate view of the future.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004

Pycrete said:

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Thanks dude, As soon as people started complaining about the "insurgent" (I love that word) activities in Iraq all i could think of was Red Dawn. Hollywood knew exactly what was going to happen in Iraq years before the US went in... i guess the message never got communicated... when you invade a country, some people aren't going to like you. Take occupied Europe under the Nazis for example.

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Thanks dude, As soon as people started complaining about the "insurgent" (I love that word) activities in Iraq all i could think of was Red Dawn. Hollywood knew exactly what was going to happen in Iraq years before the US went in... i guess the message never got communicated... when you invade a country, some people aren't going to like you. Take occupied Europe under the Nazis for example.

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Pycrete said:
I hardly qualify a few terrorists withing national borders as invaders.

One has to get beyond the concept of a massive invading army as the only way to fight a war. There are other ways. It does not take a large force to destabilize a country. The Americans, of all people, should understand this. Their CIA destroyed the elected government of Iran and installed the Shah with very few people.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Pycrete said:

One has to get beyond the concept of a massive invading army as the only way to fight a war. There are other ways. It does not take a large force to destabilize a country. The Americans, of all people, should understand this. Their CIA destroyed the elected government of Iran and installed the Shah with very few people.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Pycrete said:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

I was watching the program NOW on PBS this past weekend and one of the topics dealt with the storage of nuclear waste within the USA.
There are nuclear waste storage sites all over the U.S.
The story claimed that this waste was dangerous for 300 thousand years!
Which would mean that this stuff would need to be protected from terrorist attack for the next three hundred thousand years!
Surely; the terrorists will be successful at least once within the next 300 thousand years?

When I watched the confirmation hearings for Rice as Secretary of State .... it was laughable.
If all this chaos within Iraq and Afghanistan was a "mistake" as Americans would claim .... then obviously they should of fired those who showed such incompetence.
But they didn't. They even confirmed her nomination.
This can only mean that all the members of Congress and Senate don't see the "mistakes" as incompetence but rather it is "Policy".
They all sat there and called each other names ..... they all sat there and bad mouthed Rice so that the public would feel that their voice was being heard .... but then they confirmed her anyway! It was just a show trial! Imagine giving Rice the position of Secretary of State after admitting to so many "mistakes"?

Rice claimed that citizens of Iran were not happy with their government and would welcome U.S. assistance. But, she also said that if the U.S. were to attack Iran, the Iranian People would turn against the U.S. and support their government out of "pride" and Rice therefore claimed that the U.S. has no intention of invading Iran.
Well, I would think that the same could be said about Iraq. The Iraqi's wanted U.S. assistance, but did not want to be invaded.
Rice said that it is up to the Iraqi people to solve the problems in Iraq. That is not what the U.S. government said before they invaded.

CNN is now calling itself the "Security Information Network". "The place to be if yuh wanna know about your security."
CNN has changed from news to being just a commentary about security. CNN is still calling it's coverage of Iraq as "The Iraq War". It is no longer a war and they know it. It is an occupation and not a war. But they don't wanna use the word "occupation" because it sounds too "Jewish".

More than 3 years have passed since 9-11 and the U.S. still has not secured their Southern borders against entry by terrorists. It would only prove that the U.S. government is more concerned about being attacked by it's own citizens and not some "imported" terrorist.

The unemployment numbers don't tell the truth. Perma-Temp jobs are counted as being "employed". Temp jobs are not real jobs unless you just wanna fool the public.

In the 80's when there was such a trade imbalance between Japan and the U.S. .... Japan bought major assets and mineral deposits within the U.S.. They even bought the Empire State building and no one was overly concerned. Americans were ashamed, but not concerned about their future. Even if Japan purchased properties or the largest nickel producing mine on the planet, Japan was too small a country to use it all or to corner the market.
But China is a different story. Japan was only one-fifth the size of China. China will be able to use all the nickel themselves. China will corner the market and if they own the company and decide to ship all the nickel produced to China .... we can't very well complain. Is not a corporation allowed to sell to anyone it wants to?

When I watch the economic expansion within China, I keep wondering where they are getting the capital from in order to pay for infrastructure and new car plants?
They are being financed by U.S. banks and corporations.

The reason the U.S. wants to give all the Mexican immigrants citizenship is because when millions of Mexican's hit the job market "legally" and begin to take jobs for less pay .... it will cause a huge downsizing of pay scales within the U.S..
The U.S. government is hoping that as the standard of living declines, the average citizen will blame it on the Mexicans and not their own government.

I heard Cramer (Kudlow & Cramer on MSNBC) tell his viewers yesterday to "hold on" because Bush is gonna privatize social security and the market will see trillions of new money.

They got it all planned.

Having access to the Internet is a middle class bonus. Generally speaking, poor folks don't have cable or the internet. But if they did, there would be hell to pay because the poor would have opportunity to "network" and to plan or organize resistance to government policies.
The middle class does not wanna rock the boat because they got a mortage to pay .... so they spend all day talking about how to change our "form" of government.
Poor folks are talking about "changing" government.

Big difference!

Security forces are very concerned about internet use.

I could go on and on, but my fingers are sore. I just wanted to comment.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

I was watching the program NOW on PBS this past weekend and one of the topics dealt with the storage of nuclear waste within the USA.
Which would mean that this stuff would need to be protected from terrorist attack for the next three hundred thousand years!
Surely; the terrorists will be successful at least once within the next 300 thousand years?

When I watched the confirmation hearings for Rice as Secretary of State .... it was laughable.
If all this chaos within Iraq and Afghanistan was a "mistake" as Americans would claim .... then obviously they should of fired those who showed such incompetence.
This can only mean that all the members of Congress and Senate don't see the "mistakes" as incompetence but rather it is "Policy".
They all sat there and called each other names ..... they all sat there and bad mouthed Rice so that the public would feel that their voice was being heard .... but then they confirmed her anyway! It was just a show trial! Imagine giving Rice the position of Secretary of State after admitting to so many "mistakes"?

Rice claimed that citizens of Iran were not happy with their government and would welcome U.S. assistance. But, she also said that if the U.S. were to attack Iran, the Iranian People would turn against the U.S. and support their government out of "pride" and Rice therefore claimed that the U.S. has no intention of invading Iran.
Well, I would think that the same could be said about Iraq. The Iraqi's wanted U.S. assistance, but did not want to be invaded.
Rice said that it is up to the Iraqi people to solve the problems in Iraq. That is not what the U.S. government said before they invaded.

CNN is now calling itself the "Security Information Network". "The place to be if yuh wanna know about your security."
CNN has changed from news to being just a commentary about security. CNN is still calling it's coverage of Iraq as "The Iraq War". It is no longer a war and they know it. It is an occupation and not a war. But they don't wanna use the word "occupation" because it sounds too "Jewish".

More than 3 years have passed since 9-11 and the U.S. still has not secured their Southern borders against entry by terrorists. It would only prove that the U.S. government is more concerned about being attacked by it's own citizens and not some "imported" terrorist.

The unemployment numbers don't tell the truth. Perma-Temp jobs are counted as being "employed". Temp jobs are not real jobs unless you just wanna fool the public.

In the 80's when there was such a trade imbalance between Japan and the U.S. .... Japan bought major assets and mineral deposits within the U.S.. They even bought the Empire State building and no one was overly concerned. Americans were ashamed, but not concerned about their future. Even if Japan purchased properties or the largest nickel producing mine on the planet, Japan was too small a country to use it all or to corner the market.
But China is a different story. Japan was only one-fifth the size of China. China will be able to use all the nickel themselves. China will corner the market and if they own the company and decide to ship all the nickel produced to China .... we can't very well complain. Is not a corporation allowed to sell to anyone it wants to?

When I watch the economic expansion within China, I keep wondering where they are getting the capital from in order to pay for infrastructure and new car plants?

The reason the U.S. wants to give all the Mexican immigrants citizenship is because when millions of Mexican's hit the job market "legally" and begin to take jobs for less pay .... it will cause a huge downsizing of pay scales within the U.S..
The U.S. government is hoping that as the standard of living declines, the average citizen will blame it on the Mexicans and not their own government.

I heard Cramer (Kudlow & Cramer on MSNBC) tell his viewers yesterday to "hold on" because Bush is gonna privatize social security and the market will see trillions of new money.

They got it all planned.

Having access to the Internet is a middle class bonus. Generally speaking, poor folks don't have cable or the internet. But if they did, there would be hell to pay because the poor would have opportunity to "network" and to plan or organize resistance to government policies.
The middle class does not wanna rock the boat because they got a mortage to pay .... so they spend all day talking about how to change our "form" of government.

Big difference!

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

They got it all planned.

Big difference!

Calm