You show us yours, we'll show you ours

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The wealthy will be wealthy.

When Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D-MA) mom died he had her estate probabted in Florida when she was a resident of Massachusetts. Massachusetts estate taxes are much higher. The state he represented.

And Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) registered his yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying the higher sales tax in Massachusetts. The state he represents.

So please... please spare me the big bad Republican thing.

Crooks are no respecter of political stripe! :lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Nobody can convince me that any western government doesn't (didn't and yet squandered it) have enough cash from it's people already. The dicks all spend their way in and more to stay in. Make work, make this, make that. It's all bullsh!t about needing more money from the taxpayer. Learn to live within your means like real people then come talk to me man.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I still want to see an audited report on the Obama contributions to ACORN from before his 2008 Presidential candidacy was announced. I hear it may run into the millions. It was all "IRS Write-Off too. ACORN still exists under new Liberal organiztion name too. I call it "Free me! Give me anything free!" I'm entitled to free goodies because my family has been getting four generations of American residency for free. That is their motto! Go figure.

Obama gave "millions" to ACORN ? Proof???

BTW, a famous Republican by the name of John McCain said, ACORN is what makes America special.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Looks like the GOP has run out of things to ask Obama for. This is just a weak attempt to deflect public attention from the very bad publicity Romney has gotten from failing to produce his tax records.

Which in turn is a weak attempt to deflect public opinion from the worst economy we've had in decades under Obama.

Obama gave "millions" to ACORN ? Proof???

He should prove it... Harry Reid would agree.

Harry Reid said that somebody told him that Obama hasn't paid his taxes in years. Then he added that Romney should prove it. Kinda funny huh?

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- Its not really about the Romney taxes at all. These Democratic charlatans and snake oil salesmen know that anyone who has made as much money for as long as Romney has and who has the high profile Mitt has undoubtedly has been audited to the hilt over the years and has been found to be in full compliance with the tax laws and regulations.

- But they also know that anyone who has made the kind of money Mitt has and who has had the investment and tax options that he has had over the years will have exceptionally long and complex tax returns so that the releasing of ten years of these very long and complex tax returns will accomplish two things for the Donkey People:

1/ By going over these returns with a fine tooth comb for any items that may be used to create confusion in the public mind about tax avoidance versus tax evasion strategies (most people don't know the difference between the two and the Democratic conmen will twist things so Romney comes off looking like a tax evasion criminal rather than a tax avoidance citizen which we all are supposed to be) and about off shore investment accounts and tax shelters and different tax rates for different kinds of income (which most people don't understand and which the Democratic conmen will twist so that Mitt seems somehow unpatriotic and sneaky) then the Democrats will achieve their core objective which is to change or divert the political conversation and the media coverage over the next two months from Obama's dismal performance as president to Romney's personal taxes.

2/ In addition to the priceless advantage of diverting the political conversation from the relevant to the irrelevant, these Democratic weasels will also be able to score a few more votes by whipping up class envy and resentment of Romney and reinforcing the message that he is not as nice and as in touch and as likable as Obama (how could he be when he is so filthy rich?).

- To hell with this cynical bunch of weasels. Two years of tax returns is one more year than legally required and is exactly the same as were released by many other presidential candidates including some (e.g. Kerry and McCain) who were even richer than Romney and who, unlike Romney, didn't earn it by themselves but through their marriages.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yes, Ryan is not the presidential candidate, Romney is.

Would you like to focus on Biden's plan?

Kinda hard to figure Romney out- One day it is this- next day it is that- flips and flops for a vote. Quite limber for a man of his years.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
gee, all he has to do is release his tax returns to prove Senator Reid wrong.

How George Romney (that would be Mittens Father) set the bar for disclosure

He later, unprompted, voluntarily delivered 12 years worth of returns that showed him to be an ethical businessman and an upstanding citizen. Who didn’t dodge his tax responsibilities:

http://www.buzzfeed....his-tax-returns