Yes there is extremism in Christianity

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Don't try to put words in my mouth. Israel is now a fact of life. While I would not have voted for it's creation without first taking care of the Palestinians who lived and farmed there for the last twelve hundred years or so. I believe there will be no peace until the Palestinians have a country. No thought was given to the Palestinians at all who were the majority of the people in Palestine. Israel did what ever they wanted and any complaint at the UN was promptly vetoed by the U.S..(like about a hundred and fifty times.)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The 1948 Arab-Israeli War is referred to as the "War of Independence" (Hebrew: מלחמת העצמאות) or as the "War of Liberation" (Hebrew: מלחמת השחרור) by Israelis. For Palestinians, the war marked the beginning of the events referred to as "The Catastrophe" ("al Nakba," Arabic: النكبة). After the United Nations partitioned the territory of the British Mandate of Palestine into two states, Jewish and Arab, the Arabs refused to accept it and the armies of Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq, supported by others, attacked the newly established State of Israel. It was the first in a series of open wars in the Arab-Israeli conflict. As a result, the region was divided between Israel, Egypt and Transjordan.

Perhaps a better question might be....would there be suicide bombers in Palestine if they accepted the 2 state solution given to them?

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
The Middle East crisis began long before 1948. And to state that Palestine should have accepted the 2 state solution given to them is showing a lack of understanding of the full history of the region. Britain originally took over the area of Iraq as a buffer to protect India. Then,as Europe began fighting Turkey, Britain used the Arabs to help fight against the Turks, thereby promising them all sorts of things that they had no intention of fulfilling. They backed the Husein faction and its rival the S'audi faction at the same time, and then realized that basically they couldn't honour all the conflicting agreements. So after WWI, Churchill sat down with his group of 40 thieves which included only 2 Arabs and basically carved the region up. There were massive atrocities committed between the Arabs that the British turned a blind eye to and even encouraged. The Palestinians land was basically given away because they werent considered of any importance or any threat. Yes, the Palestinians have the right to their own land. Gee....surprising they're so bitter isnt it?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
SJuan

So those that send children to murder the innocents get a pass? That really is the question. There are injustices in every Country. Does that warrant sending young people to not only take their own lives, but the lives of others?

Because I never hear your type say this must stop, I only get finger pointing and excuses.

I can criticize my culture and being of Irish descent I would never excuse the acts of the IRA. Why does Islam get a pass?

Incidently, why does it always come back to Pallestine and Israel?
Bin Laden was a Saudi, not a Palestinian.

Or is Palestine the reason for all terrorism. Perhaps Timothy McVeigh was upset about "the occupation."

Funny how you've detoured this thread, but not surprising.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Retired_Can_Soldier

I have not attacked you, nor have I insulted you. Yet you have called me a coward and you repeatedly get my name wrong. You aren't that stupid. Don't do it again.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I have not attacked you, nor have I insulted you. Yet you have called me a coward and you repeatedly get my name wrong. You aren't that stupid. Don't do it again.

#Juan. First off sorry for getting your nick wrong. I guess I need a set of specs. Secondly, whether you are a coward or not is beyond me. I was generalizing.

Obviously if I've hit a raw nerve, maybe there is something there, I don't know. Yet you took what I thought to be a fairly balanced thread on extremism and detoured it into an anti-israeli/usa rant.

Finally, I'm not sure what mistake I might be making that would draw a threat from you, but let's hear it. As a moderator will you turf me for disagreeing with you or are you saying that if I get your name wrong again you'll come to Ontario and teach me a lesson

Please explain.
M

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Juan; since you have used the open forum to air your Anti-American views I feel compelled to file a complaint against you publicly. It is my opinion that for the past week you have made post that are biased and Anti-American, that would be exceptable if you were a regular forum member but you are not-you are suppose to be a moderator. You are using your position as a Moderator to intimidate and control threads. When one of your post shows up in a thread I don't know what I am 'ALLOWED" to post because of your bias. I find the treatment of those of us who support the Afgan Mission and Support the Americans appalling.

In conclusion, I have had enough of your un-fair treatment. Congrat Juan at this rate you won't have anyone left but the Moonbats enjoy.

P.S. Retired Canadian Soldier is was a pleasure to meet you. Cheers.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jaun isn't that bad.....I don't think he moderates with an Anti-American bias....maybe he does, but he probably would have killed me by now if he did. I don't think he likes Americans etc, but he is allowed his opinions and I would rather him talk then just sit and read on the side-lines....maybe I'm just strange that way.

But Jaun isn't an anti-American like DB, Aeon and Cortez....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Yes there is extremism in Christianity

fuzzylogix said:
The Middle East crisis began long before 1948. And to state that Palestine should have accepted the 2 state solution given to them is showing a lack of understanding of the full history of the region. Britain originally took over the area of Iraq as a buffer to protect India. Then,as Europe began fighting Turkey, Britain used the Arabs to help fight against the Turks, thereby promising them all sorts of things that they had no intention of fulfilling. They backed the Husein faction and its rival the S'audi faction at the same time, and then realized that basically they couldn't honour all the conflicting agreements. So after WWI, Churchill sat down with his group of 40 thieves which included only 2 Arabs and basically carved the region up. There were massive atrocities committed between the Arabs that the British turned a blind eye to and even encouraged. The Palestinians land was basically given away because they werent considered of any importance or any threat. Yes, the Palestinians have the right to their own land. Gee....surprising they're so bitter isnt it?

Ummm their bitter because they completely failed against Israel...utterly and without reservation, they failed.

Yes I think they should have accepted the two state solution offered to them, and I believe they would be better off and have more than they do now, and wouldn't feel the need to blow themselves up killing Israelis along with them.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sassylassie said:
Juan; since you have used the open forum to air your Anti-American views I feel compelled to file a complaint against you publicly. It is my opinion that for the past week you have made post that are biased and Anti-American, that would be exceptable if you were a regular forum member but you are not-you are suppose to be a moderator. You are using your position as a Moderator to intimidate and control threads. When one of your post shows up in a thread I don't know what I am 'ALLOWED" to post because of your bias. I find the treatment of those of us who support the Afgan Mission and Support the Americans appalling.

In conclusion, I have had enough of your un-fair treatment. Congrat Juan at this rate you won't have anyone left but the Moonbats enjoy.

Sassy you are wrong.

if you are saying I, as a moderator, must agree with everyone. Lots of people disagree with me. I have never threatened anyone for disagreeing with me. Over the last week I have reminded, and warned people of the rules about personal attack and I have most certainly not said anything threatening to you. Moderators are held to a higher standard. People can tell me I'm wrong all they want. What is against the rules, is personal attack.

Sassy, I want you to find a thread where I've used my position to control a thread.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006

Jay said:
fuzzylogix said:

Ummm their bitter because they completely failed against Israel...utterly and without reservation, they failed.

Yes I think they should have accepted the two state solution offered to them, and I believe they would be better off and have more than they do now, and wouldn't feel the need to blow themselves up killing Israelis along with them.

They failed against Israel because they are the weaker side. They failed because the rest of the world doesnt support them enough.
The two state solution is supposed to end violence and discrimination on BOTH sides. Has Israel ended its violence, its destruction of Palestinian homes and its occupation of Palestininian land. In the Gaza strip, Israel has demanded to have continued control over the seaports, obstensibly to control weapons coming in. How can Palestine be responsible for its own trade and be its own nation if Israel is still controlling it. And lets not paint all the Palestininians with the "suicide bomber" brush. The majority of them are just humans who want peace and want a home. Most of them dont support the actions of suicide bombers but are powerless to stop it, so they are held in a Catch 22.

As are the Israelis. They are deeply divided internally between the staunch Zionists who wont give up an inch of their land and the realists who are tired of the violence and are prepared to negotiate.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

fuzzylogix said:
Jay said:
fuzzylogix said:

They failed against Israel because they are the weaker side.

Then they shouldn't have attacked them.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Well folks I guess I'll habg about until someone boots me out.I'm heading off too work So I'll be gone for a few days, but look forward to seeing what's new when I get back.

Cheers
M

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006

Jay said:
fuzzylogix said:
Jay said:
fuzzylogix said:

They failed against Israel because they are the weaker side.

Then they shouldn't have attacked them.

So----they fail if they attack.....and they fail if they dont attack.

Tough luck you little weak people. Welcome to the world.

Didn't you learn Darwin's theory about survival of the fittest?

Yes, Jay, how stupid of me...it all makes so much sense now.

I hope I can be the big bully in life. I would sure hate to be the little weak guy who has to give up my school lunch money each day....

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well Jay you completely don't understand the Palestinian conflict at all.

Why should people accept an invading race of foreigners, and that was what most of the Jewish population in Palestinian were foreigners and invaders.

They had nothing holding them to the land, they were from Europe. And they come and take a person's land that have been living there for 1200 years.

I don't think any sane person would do such a thing allow a foreigner take his land and make his own nation. And since the Arab parts were divided, and don't forget Jay it was the Israelis' who also objected to this plan that is why they killed the U.N guy, a bunch of lousy terrorist bastards. And attacked Christian and Arab towns. So get your facts straight.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
There is, indeed, extremism in Christianity. Just remember the crusades and the inquisition. Ans what's worse than extermism, is that the Christian religion doesn't answer a single serious question. For instance, it doesn't tell you what happens to you after you die. And it promotes a lot of negative feelings, because lots of things that people enjoy, lots of things that are necessary for survival, are considered to be sinful by the Christian religion. There is another thing about Christianity that I will never understand, though maybe it is just the characteristic of Russian orthodox christianity. It is the thing about being the god's servant. As a pagan I cannot understand how people can gleefully agree to being servants, to being slaves. I am my Gods' daughter. They don't punish me for my sins, I am always good for them, no matter what I do. And my relationship with my Gods is not based upon fear, or slavery, or blind love - it is based upon respect.
And I don't understand the thing about Jesus dying for my sins - I wasn't even born at that time, I just didn't have an opportunity to sin. And when a child is just born into this world, it hasn't done anything yet, how can it be considered to be sinful? Christians say that everyone is born sinful, because Adam and Eve ate that apple - well, the Bible says that Adam and Eve were Jews. I am not a Jew. I am pure Russian, without a single drop of Jewish blood. With all due respect to the Jewish nation, why am I sinful just because the first Jewish woman did something wrong?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jersay said:
Why should people accept an invading race of foreigners, and that was what most of the Jewish population in Palestinian were foreigners and invaders.

So using your logic, aboriginal peoples in Canada should deport every other single Canadian en masse. Correct?