Yeah yeah yeah more Afganistan threads...well one more

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Bitwhys, from your link:

Perhaps enough donations will be received to cut WFP’s huge funding gap – and ensure that the agency can provide aid to all 3.5 million needy Afghans this year.

I'll send in $100.00 if you will. Lets put our money where their mouths are!

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Just the Facts said:
...You are forgetting there were over a million Afghans living in squalid refugee camps along the border in Pakistan before the Northern Alliance / Coalition cleared out the Taliban.

Only to return to find a bellyful of empty rhetoric where the promise of democratic prosperity was supposed to be.

That's the second person this page that has chosen to find fault with things I have not said. !s basic respect no longer expected around here? Just say the word and I'll be more than happy to adjust my attitude accordingly.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bit

You really haven't given much to this topic other than one-liners bashing the terrible conditions in Afghan - seemingly directly related to the
"invasion" by western militia.

Do you really believe this to be the case? Even in your own reference to the World Food Donations - much funding has already been given and yet you (and the article) seek to condemn only the U.S. for its lack of donor monies. Section of the article reprinted here:
Which Afghans will suffer as UN food aid funds run out?

Kabul, 26 May 2006 - Insecurity is increasing across Afghanistan as insurgents step up attacks against government and international forces. This violence is severely hampering humanitarian and development activities across much of the country.

But WFP also faces another serious threat to its operations – rapidly dwindling funds and food stocks.

Without an extra US$31.1 million, the agency will be forced to scale back its activities in Afghanistan drastically in the second half of the 2006.
This presents WFP with a dreadful dilemma – which group of poor, hungry Afghans will have to suffer the cuts and the consequences?

Why is it always up to the United States to continue donating money over failed U.N. "peacekeeping and rebuilding causes"? If you look at your article again you will see many nations are in the business of contributing to the rebuilding of Afghan - but this country was in terrible conditions during and after the Cold War - write to Putin in Russia if you have real concerns.

You aren't even making sense here, preferring to call down people who are.

Why do you not offer something we can consider as viable and doable?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
some of you may find it worth noting that according to the UN aid article India exceeds the US in donations. that may serve in understanding just how much of a political football this whole scenario has become.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Just the Facts said:
Bitwhys, from your link:

Perhaps enough donations will be received to cut WFP’s huge funding gap – and ensure that the agency can provide aid to all 3.5 million needy Afghans this year.

I'll send in $100.00 if you will. Lets put our money where their mouths are!
Funny, Bitwhy has ignored this....

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I find it reassuring to know that after almost a full week and three other threads on the topic the weakest link in my chain of argument is...

me

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
i find it reassuring to know that after almost a full week and three other threads on the topic the weakest link in my chain of argument is...

me
-----------------------------------------BitWhys--------------------

LOL !!!

Not only is that observation astutely hilarious, but also
a really perceptive one about ad hominen issues.

LOL !!!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bit

Um.... not you.....

Your perception seems a bit stuck on one topic and all roads lead to it....

For example:
Bit's Buddy: Hi Bit - Welcome - What would you like for dinner?

Bit: George Bush's head. :wink:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Re: RE: Yeah yeah yeah more Afganistan threads...well one mo

jimmoyer said:
i find it reassuring to know that after almost a full week and three other threads on the topic the weakest link in my chain of argument is...

me
-----------------------------------------BitWhys--------------------

LOL !!!

Not only is that observation astutely hilarious, but also
a really perceptive one about ad hominen issues.

LOL !!!

thanks Jim. I have my moments.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Wednesday's Child said:
Bit

Um.... not you.....

Your perception seems a bit stuck on one topic and all roads lead to it....

For example:
Bit's Buddy: Hi Bit - Welcome - What would you like for dinner?

Bit: George Bush's head. :wink:

Could we say then, that all BitWhys wants from George Bush is a little head? :D :lol:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
RE: Yeah yeah yeah more A

even if the thought did appeal to me I wouldn't want to take your spot in line.