Wynne SLAMS Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
My brother is visiting from out of town and was telling me he'd met old friend for lunch at a place near his hotel called the Beef Baron, not being familiar with the city he said he figured it was a bbq joint. It isn't, it's a strip club. Then he went on to tell me, laughing, that they actually did have the best beef dip sandwich he'd ever tasted.

I told him that sounded suspiciously like "I only buy the magazine to read the articles." :D

That's hilarious.

Back when we'd go to the Marble Arch, it was because it was located roughly in between where I and a good friend worked... And we did go there for a clubhosue that was really good (note: you have to work pretty hard to screw one up). Busy place at lunch so more often than not, any available tables were way in the back outta eye shot of the dancin' girls.

In retrospect, we really went there more as an inside joke over the girl friends we had at the time... Fun while it lasted

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Marble Arch is always a good bet.... Used to tell the g/f that we'd head down to the Arch for lunch during the week, had the best clubhouse in town.... Then she found out it was a peeler bar.

Off to Subway after that
Then it turned into a male peeler bar .

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Oh boy!! I hate to wander into this debate, but......

The point is that in Canada, it is practically impossible to treat FN better.

The problems of FN here are internal to those people.

Corrupt leadership, lands held in common, a continued sense of dependency..........the problem is getting FN OFF the gov't dole, and restoring their pride in their abilities and independence.
It's just gotta be our fault young FN girls are running off the rez to get involved in alcoholism, drug use and prostitution. After all it's not like they'd be exposed to those things while living there with their families, eh?

I'm fed up with this chit and would dearly love Wynne and Trudeau to just shut their pie holes and stop wasting tax money on useless "feel good" crap like this "inquiry" they badly want to deflect from their Ontario screw-ups. NDP? Nobody listens to them anyway.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh boy!! I hate to wander into this debate, but......

The point is that in Canada, it is practically impossible to treat FN better.

The problems of FN here are internal to those people.
Probably on account of their natural inferiority.

I mean, that has to be it, right, Colpy? If these people are being provided the best of everything and still failing, it's gotta be because they're inherently inferior. What other option is there?

Corrupt leadership, lands held in common, a continued sense of dependency..........the problem is getting FN OFF the gov't dole, and restoring their pride in their abilities and independence.
So, that's how you define "impossible to treat FN better?"

Ironically, I agree with you. My solution for Indians in the U.S. is break up the reservations, provide full legal equality, and nothing more. Each Indian can decide for herself if she wants to be a traditional, a modern, or some combination of the two. And work to make that happen for her. and gather with like-minded Indians to form communities, if that's the way they want to go. I am of the opinion that the charity and aid of the Shemanese has hurt us worse than the smallpox blankets and the Indian removals.

I'm just not quite as convinced of the Christian benevolence of it all as you are. Then again, I actually went to an Indian school, so my experience is a mite different.

All this, of course, with the understanding that the U.S. Indian and Canadian FN experiences are not identical. I'm inclined to believe that Canadian FNs get treated better, overall, than U.S. Indians. All the evidence I've ever seen supports that.

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That's hilarious.

He got a chuckle out of it.

Back when we'd go to the Marble Arch, it was because it was located roughly in between where I and a good friend worked... And we did go there for a clubhosue that was really good (note: you have to work pretty hard to screw one up). Busy place at lunch so more often than not, any available tables were way in the back outta eye shot of the dancin' girls.

So you were there for the sandwiches whether you wanted to be or not, lol.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
So 'nearly impossible to screw up' club sandwiches, luke-warm beer and barcaloungers.

Sounds like every rec room in North America.....now I'm wondering why guys ever leave home. ;)

Well, haven't you just opened up a can of worms.... Just wondering if your rec room has dancin' girls present?... As I await an answer, I'll be packing a bag..... You can PM me your address.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, haven't you just opened up a can of worms.... Just wondering if your rec room has dancin' girls present?... As I await an answer, I'll be packing a bag..... You can PM me your address.

Well I'm in a condo so, sadly, no rec room. However I do have a leather lazy-boy inherited from my granddad. Warm beer is only a five minute walk away at the Beer Store. Plus there's a Subway next door, so moderate club sandwiches are at your beck and call, 24/7/

And pay per view on the cable.....Lol, just saying.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ah, . . Colpy it is white fuks like you that are those children's clients. A carry over from whenm you just had to go to a Residential School to find your next victim.

Projecting again I see.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No Gerr but I know the clients that like to fuk underage kids are not underage kids themselves. Now that the Far-East if shutting down the pedophiles that fly over there I guess they will start feeding at home.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Last fall I contacted the local gang unit about a conversation I overheard in regards to a gangbanger dungeon full of women. The cops claimed it was just a flop house and the women reported missing turn up eventually. So I said "Really? A flop house dungeon? In other words it's an on going investigation and you don't want to cause panic." One replied "something like that".

Would an inquiry jeopardize those investigations?