Women. You have men by the balls. No one can network like you; yet you do not squeeze

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I knew you were too bright to bring it up to him as he is likely also bright enough to tell you what to do with the Captain Coward hat that you would have him wear?

After all, he was bright enough to choose you.

Regards
DL

Here is my basic code and question.

If ridiculous, tell us how else one gives sanctity to the family?

Regards
DL
I think people should develop their own. I have no morals. I have developed my own principles based on a variety of things. Swallowing some batch of goodygoody words from a book, commonly-held customs, or wherever and reposting them to appear righteous on a forum just isn't my gig. I think in depth about some things and this is one.
You wanted an answer to your simple-minded question about rolling dice in an extreme situation, you got it. I would not roll dice on some simple-minded, moral whim. I WOULD die before allowing my wife, kids, etc. to face death, but not before exhausting every possible effort to allow as many people as possible to continue living.
Like I said before and paraphrase now, you can gamble lives on some stupid roll of dice or some weird sense of heroic martyrdom, but I won't.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I think people should develop their own. I have no morals. I have developed my own principles based on a variety of things. Swallowing some batch of goodygoody words from a book, commonly-held customs, or wherever and reposting them to appear righteous on a forum just isn't my gig. I think in depth about some things and this is one.
You wanted an answer to your simple-minded question about rolling dice in an extreme situation, you got it. I would not roll dice on some simple-minded, moral whim. I WOULD die before allowing my wife, kids, etc. to face death, but not before exhausting every possible effort to allow as many people as possible to continue living.
Like I said before and paraphrase now, you can gamble lives on some stupid roll of dice or some weird sense of heroic martyrdom, but I won't.

No argument as you are in my camp.

It might be my French but I did look up principle and that word is synonymous with morals as they both point to moral codes so I think your statement semantic so saying you do not have morals is not acurate from that POV.

No argument required though. We are on the same page.

Regards
DL

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No argument as you are in my camp.

It might be my French but I did look up principle and that word is synonymous with morals as they both point to moral codes so I think your statement semantic so saying you do not have morals is not acurate from that POV.

No argument required though. We are on the same page.

Regards
DL
Dictionaries can be quite limited. There are differences between moral, principles, and ethics. And differences in those between societal and personal. Mine are personal principles that sometimes coincide with societal ones but are not to be synonymous with them.
IOW, I don't give a hoot about societal morals. :)

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Dictionaries can be quite limited. There are differences between moral, principles, and ethics. And differences in those between societal and personal. Mine are personal principles that sometimes coincide with societal ones but are not to be synonymous with them.
IOW, I don't give a hoot about societal morals. :)

Strange, as morals and ethics are only useful and developed for interactions within groups and you say you do not care about your group.

Regards
DL