Woman accused of exposing herself to 13-year-old

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Then you don't know young boys. We lie through our teeth about sexual conquests. Its either that, or the foreign exchange student who came to our highschool really did sleep with 15 different guys in the first week of her coming to school. Oh, and the art teacher got AROUND. If that is the case then I really missed out in Highschool.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Then you don't know young boys. We lie through our teeth about sexual conquests. Its either that, or the foreign exchange student who came to our highschool really did sleep with 15 different guys in the first week of her coming to school. Oh, and the art teacher got AROUND. If that is the case then I really missed out in Highschool.

(LOL)

But it's better the investigate all allegations and discount the ones that hold no weight, then to ignore them and assume they're all lies.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Yeah, I did...sorry...I'm getting this one confused with another thread! My bad!

Although I still don't believe they can just throw someone in jail without having any kind of case.

Well if they have enough evidence to press charges, which is really just a judgement call from the crown attorney, they can arrest you and put you in jail to wait for the trial. If you can afford it, you can place a security with the court (bail) and be released pending the trial, even then there are often stipulations placed upon the person. In many cases all there is is eyewitness testimony, so the situation where a couple of thirteen year old boys get a lesbian thrown in prison on false testimony is entirely possible, especially when said lesbian would be unable to pay the bail.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Well if they have enough evidence to press charges, which is really just a judgement call from the crown attorney, they can arrest you and put you in jail to wait for the trial. If you can afford it, you can place a security with the court (bail) and be released pending the trial, even then there are often stipulations placed upon the person. In many cases all there is is eyewitness testimony, so the situation where a couple of thirteen year old boys get a lesbian thrown in prison on false testimony is entirely possible, especially when said lesbian would be unable to pay the bail.

I think that judge needs more to go on than simply one person saying something. There needs to be connecting evidence or circumstances to make a story plausable. Charges can't be laid without said circumstances. If someone down the street from me said I punched them in the face and busted their cheek bone...I wouldn't be charged with anything just from that. Are there marks or scrapes on my hand? Clothes fibers...did I have a motive. Someone can be arrested with extreme minimal evidence, but they can't be charged willy-nilly.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wonder how much different the story would be if the disabled person in the apartment was a man and the "victim" was a girl...

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Here's some more evidence he w as raped. I'm not sure even a 13 year old is this horny.

Link

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Actually they can be, they shouldn't be, but they can be.

I just think that more is needed. I checked out some websites:

[SIZE=+1]"Investigation and Laying a Charge[/SIZE]

When a crime is reported to the police, they do an investigation to determine if there is enough evidence to be able to charge any person with the offence.
Once a criminal charge is laid at the court by the police, the person who is accused of the crime is referred to as the accused or the defendant. The person who reported the crime is referred to as the complainant. Sometimes the complainant is not the same as the victim who suffered injury or harm as a result of the crime.

Although individual citizens have the right to lay a criminal charge, this is unusual as s/he would be personally responsible to collect evidence and to present this private prosecution case in court.
[SIZE=+1]Will the Accused be Arrested?[/SIZE]

The police may arrest the accused at the time of the incident or when they inform him/her of the criminal charge, or they may give him/her a summons which is an order to appear in court at a certain time to answer the charge.
Usually the accused person will be released from custody within 24 hours after arrest unless there is sufficient evidence for a judge to determine that releasing him/her would threaten the safety of the victim or others or there is reason to believe that s/he will not turn up for the trial.
Sometimes the accused will be released on an undertaking or recognizance with conditions such as to stay in a particular area, have no contact with the victim or others, or not to use alcohol or firearms. If the accused breaks any of the conditions, s/he can be charged with a breach and may be taken into custody. "
http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/PolVS/CJSBrochure.htm#investigation

"
In some provinces/territories, the police lay charges, in others, the Crown prosecutor does. In other situations, the police will consult with the Crown prosecutor and the complainant.

Criminal charges are laid when:
  • the police have talked to the Complainant/victim
  • there is enough evidence to show that a crime was committed
  • the police are able to determine who is responsible for the crime
  • the police have spoken to the Crown prosecutor
While there are guidelines to follow when deciding to charge a person with a criminal offence, some flexibility or choice still exists. For example, the police may decide not to lay a charge if the victim does not want to pursue the matter.

In crimes such as child abuse and domestic violence, the police have specific guidelines to lay charges.

Where there is enough evidence and a decision is made to charge the person responsible, the person is now an accused and is taken before the courts."

http://www.courtprep.ca/en/justiceProcess/arrest.asp

I just find it hard to believe that absolutely nothing would be required to lay charges.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
They have a witness, if thats what they believe they need, they may arrest her on that and try and get a plea.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I think that judge needs more to go on than simply one person saying something. There needs to be connecting evidence or circumstances to make a story plausable. Charges can't be laid without said circumstances. If someone down the street from me said I punched them in the face and busted their cheek bone...I wouldn't be charged with anything just from that. Are there marks or scrapes on my hand? Clothes fibers...did I have a motive. Someone can be arrested with extreme minimal evidence, but they can't be charged willy-nilly.

Well, sure. That is what I was saying. The amount of evidence needed differs on a case by case basis though. In the case of child molestation, probably the testimony of two children would be enough. We have methods in place to make certain that the amount of innocent people harmed by false accusations is minimized. I don't know the exact details of this case, but presumably they were followed. Because people view child molestation so seriously, the burden of proof was probably relaxed a little. In any case, on a balance of probabilities, with the little information I have I would say they were probably justified in their arrest. Whether the woman is guilty or not remains to be seen.

I think the point that needs to be stressed is that even though the accused is (generally) presumed to be innocent, that a danger exists in allowing them to be free if they are guilty is enough to keep them in custody or place them with a surety. Although that may be an infringement of your charter rights, it is entirely justified in a free and democratic society.

Reactions: Josephine

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
Its easy to see why this woman? is a lesbian, even a 13 year old would be turned off by her appearance. Did you notice her neck is as thick as a stovepipe. What I can't figure out is, why would a woman find her attractive? No doubt the cops took one look, gagged, and believed every word the kid said. Lets face it, being approached by her wouldn't give any kid bragging rights. If I were a woman and looked like that, I would get plastic surgery, get the fat sucked out, and do something with that greasy hair.