Wind farm noise does harm sleep and health, say scientists

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I wonder what noise wind farms generate that interferes with people's sleep. I had an aunt and uncle that lived in a house in Haney, BC that was no more than 30 meters from a often used railway line. They lived there for some 60 years and both died well into their 90s. The line that goes past here is about 80 meters away and is regularly used. Neither of us pay much attention to the engines' sounds, screeching of wheels on track, whistling of superchargers, horns, etc.
I wonder how people near airports can survive. Same for people that live near busy ambulance, fire, etc. stations. Especially when their dogs start yodeling at the sounds of sirens.

Anyway, if noises really bothered us, I'd either build or buy a white noise generator.

Yep, there's always some A$$hole looking for trouble these days it seems. 10 million people in Holland haven't beeen suffering that I heard.

Of course. That is why people hate living beside the following:
Airports
Highways
School yards
Cathedrals
Railroads
Steel mills
Cement plants
Automobile race tracks
Sports complexes
Shopping malls

I wonder how many of those unfortunate enough to live next to those noisemakers suffer from sleep harm and health, especially given the fact that far more people do live next to them than live next to wind farms?

Probably approximately zero!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Of course. That is why people hate living beside the following:
Airports
Highways
School yards
Cathedrals
Railroads
Steel mills
Cement plants
Automobile race tracks
Sports complexes
Shopping malls

I wonder how many of those unfortunate enough to live next to those noisemakers suffer from sleep harm and health, especially given the fact that far more people do live next to them than live next to wind farms?
Do you know what frequency is?

I live next to a school. The 2:30 AM recess bell can be a real bitch.