Will The Draft Come With Mitt Romney’s Two Trillion Dollar Military Promise?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The standard, ideological rantings and ravings on developing a full-service nanny state wherein no one has to assume responsibility for themselves and those that are crazy enough to attempt to advance and succeed are punished and penalized for that style of atrocity

Sounds like Canada.

Keep it up and that two trillion dollars won't be worth the paper it's printed on. Where is the US going to get that money? Print it? Hello Weimar republic. Get out your wheelbarrow to carry your money.

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Isn't having a bigger military than you need not part of a nanny state guaranteeing jobs to the unemployed?

That is why everyone must have a debit card or credit card. Easy to just print the zeros rather than packing a bunch of paper around.
I like paper money cause it helps keep pulp prices up.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
That is why everyone must have a debit card or credit card. Easy to just print the zeros rather than packing a bunch of paper around.
I like paper money cause it helps keep pulp prices up.

Well, I was using the word "printing" in a more general sense, not just applying to paper money but also in adding zeros to the electronic money the central bank will give out. The result is the same. Before you know it, that 2 trillion dollars will buy you a rifle if you can find one at a good price.

The US has major debt problems and they want to increase US military spending by 2 trillion dollars? No wonder people are getting poorer in the US. The value of their hard-earned money is being eradicated.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 2 trillion is derived from not going through with the planned cut in 2013. You know, the one as a result of Obama not being able to work with congress. The one that was specifically timed to not occur until after the election. You know the one? :)

So it's not actually a new 2 trillion. Anyhoo, the way things are going, they're gonna need a lot more than 2 trillion soon. :(

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
If the economy sucks, and people are hungry, is a Draft necessary?
MIlitary service is employment.

I guess that the economy doesn't suck enough and people aren't hungry enough to fill the military's needs, Or perhaps they can count body bags and have decided they don't want to be in one in the event of yet another war on terrra, or something/someone else.

That still is no reason for a draft............just so the war department can have fun.

Close the window. Put on storm windows. no draft.

BTW; Romney might be nuts.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Liberalman, you are kidding, aren't you? NOBODY is suggesting returning to the Draft, NOBODY!

Personally, I favor a system that only those who have honorably served a period of "Federal Service" are allowed to vote, or to run for any office (large or small).

NOTE that I did NOT say military service. The type of service is to be determined by the needs of the country, and by the qualifications of the individual. Those that choose military service should be paid at least twice as much as those that do not.

Only after honorable discharge from their service, would any person be allowed to vote or run for any elective office.