Will be gone at end of June

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I'm talking about at University. The teacher was awful so since I am trying to get an A on this course. With so many contour maps on the quiz I am just distrustful to these contours. Especially around exams.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Jersay said:
I'm talking about at University. The teacher was awful so since I am trying to get an A on this course. With so many contour maps on the quiz I am just distrustful to these contours. Especially around exams.

Might be a pain now but you will have a great leg up when it comes to the map reading part of courses. Most people have little or no experience with such maps before they hit the military.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:
Well for two months from the end of June, I will be at CFB Shilo for two months completing my military course. So from June 24th or the 26th or maybe even later unknown right now the date, will take another week or so I am going to be leaving at the end of June for Shilo and completing my course so I wouldn't be able to post here.

So, before I go for the two months, I have to say to you lefties out there, keep fighting and show the truth. Do not get angered at our rightist comrades we will show them the light one day. However, be strong and don't any of you leave before I get back. :D

And for you righties, you guys get a two-month break before I get back. And don't worry, if the CF is of the right-wing nature, I will not be converted.

You will be doing your basic trainning?? or your career training?

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Re: RE: Will be gone at end of June

manda said:
thecdn said:
And I got in before they sent officers to do language training before they go and fail their classification training. What a waste of money..

Good luck.

I have no worries with the language training, I speak 3 languages. Normally they are transferred, but with my Lit degree I have a bit of a leg up.

My comment was not meant to address the difficulty of the language course but the timing of it. From everything I've heard, the course is pretty easy, even for someone with no french going it.

What I don't like is the fact that people who will be going on to pilot, or mars(navy), or combat arms training - with failure rates of 30% or more, are put on the french course first. This guarantees that people will have been sent on the language course, with all the expenses that entials, and then will be civvies after failing out of phase training. Doesn't seem to be a logical use of resources to me.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:

Good luck and all the best, The first 10 weeks in the army are the hardest(well , if you are in shape/healthy, you will find it easier), depending what career you choose , of course. Infantry and artillery are the hardest.

regular or reserve?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well I have been on some of the operations and worked on the radio and such since I came in months ago instead of just sitting around so i got a heads up on some of the other guys.

Also going to the reserve and then I am thinking of transferring as an Officer to the Highlanders (Infantry) or artillery. Unsure, maybe even apply for JTF2. I might join the JTF2 because several officers have told me I should. And it sounds like fun.

Reserve.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:
Well I have been on some of the operations and worked on the radio and such since I came in months ago instead of just sitting around so i got a heads up on some of the other guys.

Also going to the reserve and then I am thinking of transferring as an Officer to the Highlanders (Infantry) or artillery. Unsure, maybe even apply for JTF2. I might join the JTF2 because several officers have told me I should. And it sounds like fun.

Reserve.

Be careful there, you didnt choose easy ones , i hope you are young and tough :wink:

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Jersay said:

If you have designs on JTF2 go infantry, the background would help you the most. To my knowledge you have to be in the reg force for several years before you could apply for the JTF2 selection process.

As others have noted, the combat arms are the hardest physically. But you should know that by now. It's also very hard mentally to do some of that very phsically demanding stuff in all (crappy) weather conditions when you are dead tired and have to motivate others that are dead tired.

Been there, done that, (the t-shirts don't fit anymore :p ). Have the good memories along with the bad ones.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Jersay, how are you going to post on CC when people are shooting at you? Isn't there a rule of engagement whereby everyone stops to check email or something?