Why won't anyone say they are Jewish?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
To be Jewish, you either have to be born to a Jewish mother or convert. Most likely my mother's mother's, mother's, mother was Jewish. If true, I'm not sure if that even qualifies.

FYI: Not all Jews are Zionists. Not all Zionists are Jews.

All Jews with a sense of history are Zionists.

My guess is since that this highlighted statement has been dropped in the conversation several times already, that his jewishness?? (if true!!!) will be used as a disclamer every time someone accuses him of being anti-joo..
I can't be the only one who has thought of that;-)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Oh it's a label party!

At work that means labeling Eppendorf tubes before we sample...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That's the thing about some of the slippery insidious lefts' ideas...when they're engineered properly, they can almost become the 'norm', kinda accepted. Similar to the current OWS organizing tactics.

The foreign Vancouver trolls that 'started' (incited) the fickle easily-swayed hipsters on their uber popular urban camping adventure didn't want to soil the atmosphere with VOC's and scrubbed the paint-over the antisemitism project . Sort of the opposite of the painting over of 'niggerrock'.

You might even get 'inspected' by a 'Foreskin Man' at the door before 'Lotion Man' seats you at a table. :lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Do I really have to state the obvious - again? Not all Arabs, Palestinians, or Muslims want "death to the Jew". But don't try to pretend for a second that those who do are a tiny minority.

"What I hate is what they stand for and some of their actions"

Blanket statement. How do you know what they all stand for?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Probably because most of us are not Jewish, though I can only speak for myself. What does it matter?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
But it is OK to declare (the whitefied version of) jihad on all jihadists.

Jews are just people too, but some Jews give the rest of them a bad name. There are assholes in every group but it is a bad habit some people have of labeling all by the actions of a few.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Actually the whole world has been entertained by this drama for centuries.
If you go back to the time of the Old Testament, both of these peoples were
the Children of Abraham. Now Abe had his own family but like a lot of men
of the time he had a mistress a slave woman, and she had a son and the
wife didn't like that much so she sent the girl packing and the trouble began
from then on. The Jews are quite happy to claim they are Jews and the
other people who are not Jewish don't want to sign up what other reason
could there be.
To be straight about this, there are Jews who want peace and don't agree with
their leadership or the present Government. On the other side there are many
Arabs that have Jewish friends and they don't want the conflict to go on any
longer either. What we have is two hard line groups that don't want peace at any
level. This is no longer even a religious conflict its a political fight between two
groups of idiots and no one wants to solve anything including we in the west.
Arms sales bring in too much money and peace mongers destroy the high price
and demand for bullets.
Respectfully, you have a common mispecerption. This area was relatively peaceful for hundreds of years until Zionists arrived and started an ethnic cleansing war.

In 1486, hostilities broke out between the Mamluks and the Ottoman Turks in a battle for control over western Asia and the Ottomans captured Palestine in 1516.

Peace for 316 years until 1832, when Palestine was conquered by Muhammad Ali's Egypt. In 1840 Britain intervened and returned control of the Levant to the Ottomans in return for further capitulations.

This area started to become unstable at the end of the 19th century, when Zionists began immigrating to the area, but it was more or less peaceful for 80 years until WW I. The non-Jewish Palestinians revolted in 1920, 1929 and 1936. In 1947, following World War II the United Nations General Assembly voted to partition the territory into a Jewish state and an Arab state.
All Jews with a sense of history are Zionists.

All Jews who understand Judaism oppose violent Zionism:
The Talmud explains That we have been foresworn, by three strong oaths, not to ascend to the Holy Land as a group using force, not to rebel against the governments of countries in which we live, and not by our sins, to prolong the coming of moshiach;
Three Strong Oaths

Many Jews oppose Zionism for humanitarian reasons, in the same way that many Jews also opposed South African Apartheid.

Examples:

Jews Against Zionism is a group for Jews and others opposed to the Zionist movement and ideology, and to its impact on both Palestinians and Jews. This is not a religious group, not a racist hate group, and not a conspiracy-theory group. JAZ is a political group, committed to coexistence between Palestinians and Israeli Jews....
Jews Against Zionism |

NION, Not In Our Name... Jewish voices opposing Zionism
Not In Our Name (NION): Jewish Voices Opposing Zionism

Charter of the International Jewish anti-Zionist Network
We are an international network of Jews who are uncompromisingly committed to struggles for human emancipation, of which the liberation of the Palestinian people and land is an indispensable part. Our commitment is to the dismantling of Israeli apartheid, the return of Palestinian refugees, and the ending of the Israeli colonization of historic Palestine....
International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network