Why re-elect Obama?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
- Walter ... You posed a very tough question and one that so far nobody has anwered in an accurate, relevant, persusasive fashion.

- But in the words of OJ Simpson, let me take a stab at it.

- Perhaps Americans should vote for the 2008 novelty candidate with no resume and utterly failed president and 2012 candidate Obama because he may well be able to do for the country what he did for Chicago during his years there as a community organizer and state senator.

- Here are some of the physical results of Obama's Chicago career (his only career until 2008). I'd show pictures of the people as well as the buildings but that would be too gruesome what with all the dead bodies and violent assaults that make Chicago the mecca for murder and all manner of violent crimes. And I`d show statistics on the rates of unemployment, poverty, illiteracy, etc. in Obama`s stomping ground but that would be way too depressing.

- Anyhow, if Americans are so bloody stupid as to elect this hoax of a candidate who failed miserably in Chicago and is failing miserably in Washington, then they almost deserve what they will get over the next four years.

- But don`t forget the free phone!

Doug Ross @ Journal: The Illustrated Results of Obama's "Community Organizing"

But I think you mentioned just his bad points!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Bingo! Right wingers all say they believe in "personal responsibility" but when their corporations go bankrupt they are the first ones to stand on line and beg the government for a handout. Then they claim government is the problem, not the solution so it should stay out of things like education, infrastructure rebuilding, and medical issues - yet these same delusionals all say government is the exclusive solution for the problems in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Too much spiked up kool aid for these delusionals!

Why do we always have to stereotype right-wingers and left-wingers?

ron Paul would generally be considered a right-winger and he would certainly not fit in that category, would he?

perhaps this is part of the problem. Ideological prejudice on the right and left leads to both shides shouting insults at one another rather than trying to work together to find common ground. Right wing or left, people have to live on the same land, so polititcians on both sides ought to strive to find some common ground.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
If I had a vote, and I don't, I would vote for Obama because he is the best of the two possibilities. I was
impressed with him when he was in Canada. Romney hasn't impressed me anywhere.

Juan ... Since you won't answer my question regarding how on earth Obama impressed you when he was in Canada, I went back to my archives and came upon my own impressions of Obama's 2009 visit to Ottawa.

Here are the Top 10 Surprises Of Obama's 2009 Visit To Canada:

10/ Embarrassment ensues when Barack, wanting to keep a long standing campaign promise, attempts to find the President of Canada to renegotiate or scrap NAFTA.

9/ Confusion arises when Obama reminds awe struck reporters that he already knows a lot about Canada because his sister is married to a Canadian living in Burlington, Toronto.

8/ At airport reception by the Governor General and the Prime Minister, diplomatic gaffe occurs when Obama asks an aide, "who is that smoking hot looking black babe with Steve?".

7/ Touching down on a cold and snowy day, the President further ingratiates himself with a fawning media by observing that it actually felt warmer than Chicago and that Ottawa reminded him of Chicago but without all the guns, murders and crazy racist pastors.

6/ Worshipful media solemnly reports that the average temperature around President Obama was ten degrees warmer due to the radiance of his smile.

5/ During drive from airport, Obama illustrates his deep concern for the poor by rolling down his window and giving $10 US to a homeless man. Since the homeless man was his starving Kenyan half brother recently immigrated to Canada, perhaps it was the least he could do.

4/ Seeming confused when presented with an honarary hockey puck, the President tries to bite into it.

3/ A rare moment of levity at the joint press conference for PM Harper when, asked why President Obama's package was so much bigger and more stimulating than his package, responds, "I guess its a black thing."

2/ In the all important face time, PM Harper gets 45 minutes in his office with the president, Ignatieff gets 20 minutes on the drive to the airport, and Gilles Hairnet Doucette of the Blockheads gets 2 minutes while running beside Obama's limo as it arrives on Parliament Hill when the president graciously rolls down his window to pretend to listen to Doucette's separatist drivel.

1/ Reflecting the brevity of the visit and the tough economic times, the state dinner takes place in the drive through at a local Tim Horton's where PM Harper generously treats the president to Horton's special soup, sandwich and a doughut deal.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Without any ad hominem in your answer tell us why the Americans should re-elect Obama. In other words which policies have been sucessful and have improved your life and which policies that he has proposed will benefit the US?

There is no logical argument in favour of or against a candidate for office that is not an ad hominem. When you vote you vote for the person (or against another person) and that is an argument to the man (lit. argumentum ad hominem). Obama's policies are part of the man, so if you vote for Obama because, say, you like his healthcare policy, that is still an ad hominem. You aren't voting for healthcare because you support healthcare you are voting for Obama because he supports healthcare and you support healthcare.

You could vote for someone because "it's a rainy day". That would not be an ad hominem, but that's obviously not a logical argument.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
First it was the bus then the water fountain then the golf club and now the White House need I say more voting for Obama is just the right thing to do. Romney believes in using other people's money and not his. Do the math and vote for the guy that will help all the people not just 53%.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
On Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace gave Ryan an opportunity to finally talk about the details of his plan to a national audience, how much it will cost and how the Romney administration would pay for it.

Instead, Ryan said he didn’t have time to get into the nuts and bolts of the proposal:
WALLACE: So how much would it cost?

RYAN: It’s revenue neutral…

WALLACE: No no, I’m just talking about cuts. We’ll get to the deductions, but the cut in tax rates.

RYAN: The cut in tax rates is lowering all Americans’ tax rates by 20 percent.

WALLACE: Right, how much does that cost?

RYAN: It’s revenue neutral.
[...]
WALLACE: But I have to point out, you haven’t given me the math.

Ryan: No, but you…well, I don’t have the time. It would take me too long to go through all of the math. But let me say it this way: you can lower tax rates by 20 percent across the board by closing loopholes and still have preferences for the middle class. For things like charitable deductions, for home purchases, for health care. So what we’re saying is, people are going to get lower tax rates.
Watch it:

Paul Ryan To Fox News: 'I Don't Have The Time' To Explain How We Will Pay For Our Tax Plan | ThinkProgress

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If you or an elderly relative have been hospitalized recently and noticed extra attention when the time came to be discharged, there's more to it than good customer service.

As of Monday, Medicare will start fining hospitals that have too many patients readmitted within 30 days of discharge due to complications. The penalties are part of a broader push under President Barack Obama's health care law to improve quality while also trying to save taxpayers money.

About two-thirds of the hospitals serving Medicare patients, or some 2,200 facilities, will be hit with penalties averaging around $125,000 per facility this coming year, according to government estimates.

more

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...qYHIAg&usg=AFQjCNGibuDYiaalfWoJFe00cUWDCslIRQ

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If you're okay with the pilot crashing the plane because he promised you those free peanuts, then that is your only real reason to vote for the Bamster.

A Parable of Monumental Importance - Life and Death of a Nation. Which group are YOU in? - YouTube

Or, if you want your job given to China so you can buy back the product you used to make for half price then Romney is your man. Oh wait you can't buy that cheap made in China junk because you no longer have a job.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Or, if you want your job given to China so you can buy back the product you used to make for half price then Romney is your man. Oh wait you can't buy that cheap made in China junk because you no longer have a job.

There's a lot more at stake in this election than jobs and America's financial health. America's moral and spiritual health, and therefore their very existence is also on the line. Romney doesn't want to "crash the plane on purpose" so at least he's got a chance to pull America out of its tailspin. Obama does want to "crash the plane on purpose" because he hates America, her prosperity, and her Judeo-Christian heritage / values.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
There's a lot more at stake in this election than jobs and America's financial health. America's moral and spiritual health, and therefore their very existence is also on the line. Romney doesn't want to "crash the plane on purpose" so at least he's got a chance to pull America out of its tailspin. Obama does want to "crash the plane on purpose" because he hates America, her prosperity, and her Judeo-Christian heritage / values.

Are you a Birther.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
But in the words of OJ Simpson, let me take a stab at it.

Actually, that was Claudine Longet.

ron Paul would generally be considered a right-winger and he would certainly not fit in that category, would he?

perhaps this is part of the problem. Ideological prejudice on the right and left leads to both shides shouting insults at one another rather than trying to work together to find common ground. Right wing or left, people have to live on the same land, so polititcians on both sides ought to strive to find some common ground.

It's not a stereotype if it's true.

If you feel right wingers don't praise welfare for the rich, demand less government at home, but demand more government intrusion abroad, and other forms of lunacy give me some proof that these words are wrong.

One poster on this thread says Romney stands for morality while Obama hates Christianity and the USA. No proof whatsoever is given to support that claim. Why don't you challenge it???

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh I can deal with people rejecting Christ, what I find infuriating is a politician telling us "I'm a Christian" when he is not.

You said he wasn't a 'true born again Christian'. Now you're claiming he's not a Christian.
And you never said your problem was that he claimed to be a Christian and wasn't, you said it was because he wasn't a true born-again Christian.
Try to be consistent in your rants.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
One poster on this thread says Romney stands for morality while Obama hates Christianity and the USA. No proof whatsoever is given to support that claim. Why don't you challenge it???

Because anyone who would say that is too far gone to be convinced otherwise? If you're so irrational that you've reached the point of literally making up crazy ****, you're a lost cause.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Actually, that was Claudine Longet.

It's not a stereotype if it's true.

If you feel right wingers don't praise welfare for the rich, demand less government at home, but demand more government intrusion abroad, and other forms of lunacy give me some proof that these words are wrong.

Yes it was those republicans that gave Solandra that corporate welfare, oh wait.
And the General Motors bailout those bad ol republicans , oh no wait again.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I would think they would be scared of a party that was fiscally responsible without being wacko socially right wing. I imagine such a party would steal votes from both of the current parties who seem filled with either crackpots from the far left or crackpots from the far right (take your pick).

They wouldn't be afraid of that at all. A new Conservative party to compete with the GOP would be a miracle to the Democrats. The Democrat Party would rule forever.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It will sure be nice when Nov. 6 F I N A L L Y rolls around!

On the 7th they'll start talking about mid-term elections and speculating on who will run in 2016. Its strange they way they do it. They're always talking about elections even when they're a long way away. I'd go nuts if we were in election mode 24/7.

Yeah I can't stand that either. I find the labels useless. Most people have a little bit of both depending on the issue.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
On the 7th they'll start talking about mid-term elections and speculating on who will run in 2016. Its strange they way they do it. They're always talking about elections even when they're a long way away. I'd go nuts if we were in election mode 24/7.
Pretty boring life!

Yeah I can't stand that either. I find the labels useless. Most people have a little bit of both depending on the issue.

Yes, it's so stupid, most people just want to see a system that is affordable and works!