Why people play snob.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
No Anna i think the meaning trying to get accross is that those with high education think themselves better then you and anything you say is basically wrong without any proof on their part .
So very very true. I have a very wealthy family member. She is a snob plus! In her way of thinking there are only two things that count. Money and Education. She doesn't have much of an education and is actually a little dim. She does however, feel that her money compensates for that so she feels people without an education or without money are "losers". Since she has money, she feels she is "at their level". Whatever that is!

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Well, I'd like to hang around and read this, but; I'm off to buy a new Gucci wallet with matching shoes. A new shipment just came in, and I just HAVE to have them!

I know YOU might find that hard to understand, and it's quite understandable that YOU PEOPLE would.

Then I think a weekend in Aspen is in order. YOU PEOPLE have probably never been there, but; take my word for it.............It's WONDERFUL. Barak might be there, and we could share a tete a' tete. Solve a few world problems for the little people.

Have a nice day. In your own little way, of course.

TTFN

Nuggs, Gucci and Aspen are so Pre-millennium. :p

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Some people are snobs and look down on other people because thats how they were raised,and taught growing up,and they were probably taught or are insecure about themselves and use this snobish act as a barrier.

They generally feel that theyre better than you for whatever reason their parents taught them,maybe even though they never worked to close as hard as you did.

It stems from them just genuinely thinking theyre better for whatever reason,maybe they feel because they have a greater income that theyre superior to everybody else when in fact that has nothing to do with lifes greatness.

Lifes greatness is far better then a snob.....................................................:smile:

I've always thought of myself as a bit of a snob, but I
don't resemble any of the descriptions you describe above,
but again they are just 'your' opinions, and aren't necessarily accurate in all ways.

I'm very conservative and fussy, but very open minded and
understanding, I don't like dirty jokes, or jokes played
on people, but I have a very good sense of humour in my own way. I'm very introverted and don't act out in front of others, in any way, but I'm not forcing myself to be
any way in particular, ,just being myself, ,not taught by my
parents, but we are usually similar to our parents, genetically, which is understandable.
I understand that people should be respected
for who they are, even if they aren't anything like me.

I have walked out of parties, (many years ago,) because
the behavior is too raunchy, and someone is taking over
and telling dirty jokes, or behavior is not what I like,
but I didn't leave in a huff, just decided it was time to
go home, simple.

I've never thought that I'm better than anyone, that is
only in the eyes of the person 'making' the snob accusation.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Some people are snobs and look down on other people because thats how they were raised,and taught growing up,and they were probably taught or are insecure about themselves and use this snobish act as a barrier.

They generally feel that theyre better than you for whatever reason their parents taught them,maybe even though they never worked to close as hard as you did.

It stems from them just genuinely thinking theyre better for whatever reason,maybe they feel because they have a greater income that theyre superior to everybody else when in fact that has nothing to do with lifes greatness.

Lifes greatness is far better then a snob.....................................................:smile:

Snobs have never come across to me as very intelligent people. Many of them lack the most important attributes of a good person- understanding, patience, humility and tolerance. (Not that I'm paricularly accomplished in any of them)