Why one British man won't be joining the rush to move to Canada

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Well la'di'da..... too cold for ya? From November to April it's cold.... the rest of the time it's fricking hot.... two sides to every story me friend.

Well By all means, elaborate on this one..... nothing? Oh well just an empty shot then.... wasting my time..... thanks for nothing.

Oh my.... that's all you think we have? Just Oil? Not my loss the guy is ignorant.

So? What does a big population benifit?

Hey you know what? I couldn't give a rats ass if you come live here or anywhere else... it makes no difference to me, and you sure don't see me out on the streets trying to sell living here..... that's not my job and I have more important things to do then to impress people in another country.

Oh wow.. such a profound observation... that explains everything right there as to why we suck so much..... idiot.

And that is also why I still claim many experts and self proclaimed knowitalls can still be idiots.... they're human after all.

Oh but since the columnist is dead, that must make their opinion worth more I guess.

Pussies.... Oh and the nights are interminable if you live in the friggin north pole you reject.

Yes, as if the UK is completely pure from natural inconviences itself... what is the common thing? Oh yes.... Raining all the damn time and so foggy you can't see where you can go and could be mugged without even knowing.

See how ignorant comments can shift the perspective?

This coming from the country which gave us the Spice Girls?

Wow a circus which doesn't use animal slave labour for entertainment..... such evil.

And the US is any better? How about the UK as a whole with Scottland, Ireland, Wales, etc where many are still referring to themselves as their own countries?

Gee.... become US Citizens in order to get jobs in the movie industry which is mostly within the US.... who would've thunk it?

Oh and there have been many more well known actors and artists from Canada then just those two.... cripes, how more retarded is this going to get?

Why am I still even reading this?

"Oh, well they have this guy in power now, but for this long before they had these guys in power, so it still counts." :roll:

At least our leader didn't blindly follow Bush into Iraq like the Poodle he was.

Yeah well everywhere you go is like that these days.

Ya ya.... still on that "Oil is our only product" mentality I see. We'll see what you guys have to say when you run out of water with the rest of the world..... how's your uranium that powers your homes by the way? I see you guys have no production of your own, so you get it from somewhere, and since we're the largest exporter, followed by our friends in Australia, I imagine that tone would change quickly once the supply suddenly stopped.

Yeah, take it from an American to generalize in such a moronic manner, and for someone in the UK to quote it as some practical example.... pssh.

With that mentality, it makes us sound like we're immortal and always in good health if that's all doctors have to look forward to here....

What, are you stuck in 1964 or something?

Then again, I suppose Cricket is so much more entertaining as a sport.

Yes, Siberia, where they have even worse winter conditions then here in Canada.... that's just Brilliant..... moron.

and compared to living costs and other things? Oh yes, we'll let that information slip to skew the perspective, of course.

Well holy sh*t batman, Run for the hills!

So the US and the UK are in the top three fattest nations in the world and we're 11th.... and yet that makes us worse? Bravo Sherlock.

Oh my Jebus! that just ruined my whole day!! A Loonie? How unprofessional of them!

What the hell's your point? It remained that way for historical purposes..... got an issue? Here's a tissue.

Well gee.... geographics come to play when one thinks about that.... Canada is bigger and covers more area of the Earth.... go figure they'd have more time zones *slaps cheek* ~ Like they actually have any direct affect on your everyday life..... jeez.

Oh well holy snappin crap.... it's cold in the Yukon? Why didn't I catch that in the news?? Cuz you know.... the Yukon is about as populated as Ontario and it affects so many people.... that's why people move there in the first place, didn't you know? :roll:

So sorry we couldn't condense our entire country down to the size of the UK and move it down to the equator to meet your precious needs.... ffs, this is so retarded I think I started twiching to the left and wearing socks up my nose.

Wow, that's so horrible.... how can anybody be expected to swim all that on a liesure Sunday afternoon?

Canada has a higher proportion of people born abroad than Britain.
No kidding, considdering this whole area was colonized much like the US in the first place and was the whole foundation of both country's existence.

But then again, if you're an intollerant, racist biggot who can't deal with people who are different from them, then I guess Britian would be a suitable place to live.

Isolationalist?

It's usually more then that, Get over it.

And that's a bad thing?

Like we care about soccer anyways.

Don't forget about:
  • Actar 911 CPR Dummy - Dianne Croteau, Richard Brault, and Jonathan Vinden
  • Anti-gravity suit - Dr. Wilbur R. Franks
  • Automatic lubricators - Elijah McCoy
  • Avro Arrow - Royal Canadian Air Force
  • Balderdash - Laura Robinson and aul Toyne
  • Basketball - Dr. James A. Naismith
  • Birchbark canoe - Canada's Natives
  • Chocolate bar - James K. Ganong
  • Cobalt bomb - University of Saskatchewan and Eldorado Mining and Refining
  • Cystic fibrosis gene - Lap-Chee Tsui
  • Electric cooking range - Thomas Ahearn
  • Electric wheelchair - George J. Klein
  • Electron microscope - The University of Toronto
  • Explosives and vapour detector - Dr. Lorne Elias
  • Five-pin bowling - Thomas E. Ryan
  • Football goalpost with single base - Jim Trimble
  • Fuller brush - Alfred C. Fuller
  • Ginger ale - John J. McLaughlin
  • Green garbage bag - Harry Wasylyk
  • Green ink - Thomas Sterry Hunt
  • Hydrofoil boat - Casey Baldwin and Alexander Graham Bell
  • Ice hockey - Members of the Royal Canadian Rifles
  • Imax film format - Grahame Ferguson, Roman Kroitor, and Robert Kerr
  • Instant food - Dr. Edward Asselbergs
  • Insulin - Frederick Banting
  • Java - James Gosling
  • Jolly jumper - Olivia Poole
  • Kayak - Canada's Natives
  • Kerosene - Dr. Abraham Gesner
  • Lacrosse - Canada's Natives
  • Laser sailboat - Bruce Kirby, Ian Bruce, and Hans Fogh
  • Light bulb - Henry Woodward (later sold the patent to Thomas Edison)
  • McIntosh apple - John McIntosh
  • Mobile blood-transfusion service - Norman Bethune
  • Newsprint - Charles Fenerty
  • Pablum - Doctors T.G.H. Drake, Alan Brown, and Frederick F. Tisdall
  • Pacemaker - Wilfred Bigelow
  • Paint roller - Norman Breakey
  • Panoramic camera - John Cannon
  • Pictionary - Rob Angel
  • Retractable beer case handle - Steve Pasjac
  • Robertson Screwdriver - Peter Lymburner Robertson
  • Snow blower - Arthur Sicard
  • Snow shoes - Canada's Natives
  • Snowmobile - Joseph-Armand Bombardier
  • Speed of sound - Dr. George Wong
  • Standard time - Sandford Fleming
  • Stanley Cup - Lord Stanley of Preston
  • Steam foghorn - Robert Foulis
  • Stol aircraft - de Havilland Canada
  • Superman - Joe Shuster
  • Synchronized swimming - The Canadian Royal Lifesaving Society
  • Table hockey - Donald Munro
  • Telegraph - Frederic Newton Gesborne
  • Tipi - Canada's Natives
  • Tobaggan - Canada's Natives
  • Trivial Pursuit - Chris Haney and Scott Abbott
  • Variable pitch propeller - Wallace Rupert Turnbull
  • Velcro - George de Mestral
  • Walkie-Talkie - Donald L. Hings
  • Yachtzee - Edwin S. Lowe
  • Zipper - Gideon Sundback
Enjoy it you ingrates.

You missed Babe Ruth hitting his first home run in Toronto. Hanlin's point I believe.