Why I Am Not a Christian by Bertrand Russell

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Why Does Everyone Seem to Hate Jeff Bezos?
Most billionaire entrepreneurs are lionized while Bezos is often demonized. How come?
https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/why-does-everyone-seem-to-hate-jeff-bezos.html

Jeff Bezos will still make the annual salary of his lowest-paid employees every 11.5 seconds
https://qz.com/work/1410621/jeff-bezos-makes-more-than-his-least-amazon-paid-worker-in-11-5-seconds/

Bernie Sanders called out Jeff Bezos for poor treatment of Amazon workers
https://www.vox.com/2018/8/30/17797786/amazon-warehouse-conditions-bernie-sanders

Cliffy loves the high rollers...
:)
especially the fascist bald ones, they are so cute when they abuse the peeps while they trumphate!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
In my late teens and early 20s I rejected the bible, god and religion in general. Then I was introduced to the Moody Blues. Their lyrics and music inspired me to start my spiritual journey. I became ravenous to devour all I could concerning spirituality and our relationship with Life, the Universe and the Creative Force behind it all.

What I found was so far beyond anything I was taught or imagined. I looked at the world and saw that 2000 years of Christianity had got us no where. We were still barbarians, still killing each other over doctrine and dogma. There was still suffering, starvation, and war. Christians had learned nothing from the teachings of Jesus or the bible. Everything in this religion is about personal salvation and everybody else be damned. So I looked into the teachings of all the other religions I could find.

I spoke to numerous people of a wide variety of religious persuasions. I went to prayer meetings, healing circles, ceremonies and rituals, always looking for what would bind us all in spiritual union. What I found was that religion is the singular most disruptive force on Earth that separated us, each thinking that their way was the only way.

I eventually found a unifying principle that does bind us all as humans. It has nothing to do with religion or beliefs. It is only about loving ourselves as we would like others to love us. Love is the only unifying principle in the Universe. Religion does nothing toward this end. It only promotes exclusivity. There is no faith in religion, only belief.

There has always been those who found faith through the path of religion, but, in my experience, they are few and far between. Faith can only be found with an open mind and heart. Thinking that you have found the answer is a sure way to stop your spiritual growth, which is an evolutionary process that never ends. Even the Creative Force evolves as we do. God/Great Spirit/All That Is is not a stagnant being and it is not separate from us or any other part of the Universe. It is everything and grows with everything in It.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
In my late teens and early 20s I rejected the bible, god and religion in general. Then I was introduced to the Moody Blues. Their lyrics and music inspired me to start my spiritual journey. I became ravenous to devour all I could concerning spirituality and our relationship with Life, the Universe and the Creative Force behind it all.
What I found was so far beyond anything I was taught or imagined. I looked at the world and saw that 2000 years of Christianity had got us no where. We were still barbarians, still killing each other over doctrine and dogma. There was still suffering, starvation, and war. Christians had learned nothing from the teachings of Jesus or the bible. Everything in this religion is about personal salvation and everybody else be damned. So I looked into the teachings of all the other religions I could find.
I spoke to numerous people of a wide variety of religious persuasions. I went to prayer meetings, healing circles, ceremonies and rituals, always looking for what would bind us all in spiritual union. What I found was that religion is the singular most disruptive force on Earth that separated us, each thinking that their way was the only way.
I eventually found a unifying principle that does bind us all as humans. It has nothing to do with religion or beliefs. It is only about loving ourselves as we would like others to love us. Love is the only unifying principle in the Universe. Religion does nothing toward this end. It only promotes exclusivity. There is no faith in religion, only belief.
There has always been those who found faith through the path of religion, but, in my experience, they are few and far between. Faith can only be found with an open mind and heart. Thinking that you have found the answer is a sure way to stop your spiritual growth, which is an evolutionary process that never ends. Even the Creative Force evolves as we do. God/Great Spirit/All That Is is not a stagnant being and it is not separate from us or any other part of the Universe. It is everything and grows with everything in It.
Christophobia at its best.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Does anybody else think that it is creepy that Sleepy remembers what I posted 5 years ago and knew where to find it? I'm thinking that it is quite psychotic. Perhaps he is a psychopath like petroglyph.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Christophobia at its best.
You are surprised that some people are christophobic with assholes like you claiming to be christian. People who delight in children put in cages, families torn apart, bombing brown skin people back into the stone age, etc. You really are a piece of work, Wally.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
You are surprised that some people are christophobic with assholes like you claiming to be christian. People who delight in children put in cages, families torn apart, bombing brown skin people back into the stone age, etc. You really are a piece of work, Wally.
Rent free.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Does anybody else think that it is creepy that Sleepy remembers what I posted 5 years ago and knew where to find it? I'm thinking that it is quite psychotic. Perhaps he is a psychopath like petroglyph.
Simple, I just googled one line to check your source and google brought me back to the forum's original post
I have fair memory but not that good,,,