Why I am no longer attending the Anglican Church

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Referring to: Law and Grace? Don't mix!

Peace>>>AJ:love9:
nah

just the law. and if homosexuality were such a big deal I'm sure the good lord would of found a way to have an actual word for it worked into Hellenistic Greek before Paul mentioned it in passing.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
nah

just the law. and if homosexuality were such a big deal I'm sure the good lord would of found a way to have an actual word for it worked into Hellenistic Greek before Paul mentioned it in passing.

Well, lets talk about why Paul would have talked against it as a law and why He under grace would still speak against it, but left it pretty much to if we would take responsibility ourselves.

In light of creation, being that God wanted for the specie to procreate, learn and manage it's life to the good, He therefore made some stipulations concerning man lying with men through Paul.

The world must continue as God's garden of plenty, where His harvest is the individuality of spirits gained for His Kingdom, therefore procreation must continue.

Now, as far as being a sin, that is basically going against those parameters that God instituted.

If than we are under grace and no more the law, condemnation for behavior solely rests on the shoulders of the individual while yet in the flesh.

But salvation is God's responsibility for the purpose of eternity.

And to think that God has not done something about that, is not to believe in God period.

For God fulfilled His own requirement in Jesus' body for us all, and allowing us to become Jesus' body of fulfillment of the law, thus gaining salvation through Jesus, completing God's responsibility to us.

Homosexuality than is no different a sin than if I stole a package of gum from the store.

The consequences of sin than is mime to bear and possibly impose it or affect other peoples lives as well.
Society must come to terms with all these problems and deal with them accordingly so as to maintain some kind of order.

A society without and guidelines only sets itself up for doom, because that is the nature of the flesh.

God offers us guidelines and gives us help aids in controlling the lusts of the fleshly in His bible.

But then again, the interpretation is the problem.

If the heart is left to interpret, then things would work out well.

But because evil is present in all of us, that is what we have to learn to manage.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...In light of creation, being that God wanted for the specie to procreate, learn and manage it's life to the good, He therefore made some stipulations concerning man lying with men through Paul...

what?

are you telling me Paul rescued the human race from extinction?

wow

total fricking miracle it didn't happen before he said something.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
what?

are you telling me Paul rescued the human race from extinction?

wow

total fricking miracle it didn't happen before he said something.

Paul simply stated what God had shown him to say. Jesus is the one who saves the soul.

Now as for extinction, this world will continue despite our efforts to destroy it.

We are mangers of it and so how we manage is to our benefit or demise.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
OIC

so now its NOT about procreation and the presevation of the species.

pick a horse.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
OIC

so now its NOT about procreation and the presevation of the species.

pick a horse.

Are you commenting without reading what is said? I explained the reason why Paul said what he did about homosexuality based on the principal of procreation, and further explained that it was a Godly design and going contrary to that makes it a consequence of our own making.

A soul is a soul is a soul. That is what God came to save.

As for our behavior, that is our own responsibility. One pays for what one does, whether it is right or wrong.

Do right, receive just reward, do contrary to what is right, suffer the consequence.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
[SIZE=-1]"Next a word to you who have great possessions. Weep and wail over the miserable fate descending on you. Your riches have rotted; your fine clothes are moth-eaten; your silver and gold have rusted away, and the very rust will be evidence against you and consume your flesh like fire. You have piled up wealth in an age that is near its close. The wages you never paid to the men who mowed your fields are loud against you, and the outcry of the reapers has reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in wanton luxury, fattening yourselves like cattle and the day for slaughter has come. You have condemned the innocent and murdered him; he offers no resistance."

James
[/SIZE]

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
..I explained the reason why Paul said what he did about homosexuality based on the principal of procreation...

you actually have the nerve to assume to know why Saul of Tarsus did anything?

exactly how high IS that horse you fell off of?

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
what did Jesus have to say about homosexuality?

Never said a word as far as I know in His ministry. I do read where Paul did.

Jesus was addressing the soul of mankind by appealing to our hearts.

Where as Paul, was addressing the pitfalls of ones not following guidelines which would hinder us from growing in the faith.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
'The sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some fell beside the road; and it was trampled under foot, and the birds of the air ate it up. And other seed fell on rocky soil, and as soon as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. And other seed fell among the thorns; and the thorns grew up with it, and choked it out. And other seed fell into the good soil, and grew up up, and produced a crop a hundred times as great.'
Bitwhys, you remind me of the seed on the road. You also remind me of a saying my teacher brother likes to say, 'You can't save them all.'

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yet, Our Lord did teach that a man was to be joined with one woman, and that this was what God intended for us.

You know, this week I firmly feel He got it wrong, and there should be at least three to four spouses (pick your mix, I don't care, so long as they can clean and run errands!) to run one household. lol.

Last edited:

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
and he said explicitly that was the only way?

passages, please.

He certainly left no room for options;-)
Matthew 19:4-6 (New King James Version)

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/?action=getVersionInfo&vid=50

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Ephesians 5:30-32 (New King James Version)

30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Mark 10:7-9 (New King James Version)

7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

I can also provide a quick exegesis if you wish.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
[SIZE=-1]"Next a word to you who have great possessions. Weep and wail over the miserable fate descending on you. Your riches have rotted; your fine clothes are moth-eaten; your silver and gold have rusted away, and the very rust will be evidence against you and consume your flesh like fire. You have piled up wealth in an age that is near its close. The wages you never paid to the men who mowed your fields are loud against you, and the outcry of the reapers has reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in wanton luxury, fattening yourselves like cattle and the day for slaughter has come. You have condemned the innocent and murdered him; he offers no resistance."

James
[/SIZE]

You go dude, I'm suitably impressed.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
Yet, Our Lord did teach that a man was to be joined with one woman, and that this was what God intended for us.

I agree with you Sanctus and this verse give evidence of that: Mar 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Thou the question was on divorce, Jesus restated God's intended design.

To vary from that design is upon our own selfs.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California

James
[/SIZE]

Speaking of the flesh! The lusts thereof!