Why Gold and Silver Have Declined

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
The Gold and Silver Manipulation is coming to an end....

<SPAN style="COLOR: blue" lang=EN-US>
Code:
<SPAN style="COLOR: blue" lang=EN-US>This tells me that the BIG BANKS [the guys who are naked short all the gold] used their fore knowledge of this rebalancing [forced selling] to cover a good chunk of their massive shorts – most likely because they KNOW they are not going to get an opportunity like this again.  Basically, the banks have told us they KNOW they are screwed with their short positions – and are trying to minimize the damage.

[COLOR=blue]Sorry...half didn't make it onto post.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][/COLOR] 
<SPAN style="COLOR: blue" lang=EN-US>[QUOTE] 

[COLOR=blue]We have just experienced a MASSIVE RECORD reduction in gold open interest reported Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011 when COMEX gold open interest dropped[/COLOR][B][COLOR=blue] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=blue]81,752 contracts to 498,998.  The silver open interest drop, down 5368 contracts to 128,228 was very large, but nothing like what happened in the gold pit.[B]  [/B][/COLOR]<SPAN style="COLOR: blue" lang=EN-US>Apparently – the biggest one day drop in gold O/I prior to day was 28 thousand and change back in Nov. 2009

[url=http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=3321959108G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Rob+Kirby&mk=1]Why Gold and Silver have declined by Rob Kirby[/url]

[url=http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=3321959108G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Rob+Kirby&mk=1]Why Gold and Silver have declined by Rob Kirby[/url]

the link

[COLOR=blue]The Gold and Silver Manipulation is coming to an end....[/COLOR]

This tells me that the BIG BANKS [the guys who are naked short all the gold] used their fore knowledge of this rebalancing [forced selling] to cover a good chunk of their massive shorts – most likely because they KNOW they are not going to get an opportunity like this again. Basically, the banks have told us they KNOW they are screwed with their short positions – and are trying to minimize the damage.

[COLOR=blue]Sorry...half didn't make it onto post.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]We have just experienced a MASSIVE RECORD reduction in gold open interest reported Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011 when COMEX gold open interest dropped[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]81,752 contracts to 498,998. The silver open interest drop, down 5368 contracts to 128,228 was very large, but nothing like what happened in the gold pit.[/COLOR]
Apparently – the biggest one day drop in gold O/I prior to day was 28 thousand and change back in Nov. 2009

[URL="http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=3321959108G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Rob+Kirby&mk=1"]Why Gold and Silver have declined by Rob Kirby[/URL]

[URL="http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=3321959108G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Rob+Kirby&mk=1"]Why Gold and Silver have declined by Rob Kirby[/URL]

the link

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
Did you even know that you could take physical delivery from GLD? Apparently many didn't. I was just chatting (online) with one of my supporters yesterday, let's call him "Small Giant" (a term explained in my last post) because he is in that eight figure savings bracket that might find this information useful. On top of that, he makes his living assisting funds in their management of eleven figures.

Who is Draining GLD ? by FOFOA

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Are you kidding? Gold will be out of sight by the end of this year. There is going to be some serious
problems within the entire economy. I do not believe the recession is over and I still think there is a
serious threat of an economic collapse before the end of the year.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
My admittedly casual observations of the markets indicates that the large investors like pension and hedge funds have artificially driven up the price of gold to make a killing and are now moving money into commodities to do the same there. That is the only explanation for the current rise in oil futures and some metals. The big players manipulate the markets and anyone else if they are lucky might get a bit of a rise but more often loose out by not being in on the fix.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
These things come and go. Have you see who has been buying lately? It's the classic chasers who always wait until it's too late. The same guys selling their GIC's to buy internet stock on March 10 2000. Look at the back of any line then ask yourself who is left to buy after them.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You can't print gold or silver. I'm not saying that Gold and Silver will go up or down tomorrow, just that as countries print currency (aka quantitative easing), the currency's value decreases relative to gold over time. As more gold increases in value, gold mines with narrower margins become profitable and come on line. Demand for gold and printing money cycles faster than the time it takes to turn promising core samples into a producing mine. As a result the price of gold is cyclical in the short to medium term, but consistently goes up over the long term.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
The United States claims it has the largest reserve of gold but it hasn't been audited in decades and I bet Fort Knox has been picked clean for decades.

The largest reserve would be China, Austria and Switzerland. Adopting the gold standard would bring an end to the US dollar being dollar franca but it would equalize trade relations with China. No more artifically undervalued Chinese dollar and no more jobs sent to the United States.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Conspiracy theories.... Ft Knox was audited 35 years ago and the vault has been sealed ever since. FK isn't even the biggest hoard of gold in the US anymore. There's a bigger one at the Federal Reserve in New York.

All the gold in the US combined is not enough to back up the US dollar anyway. The value of the $US is based on what people believe, not anything physical....