Why Don't You Bomb Yourself

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Right gerry when they come to stick a bayonette in you, make sure you tell them you're a pacifist it'll ease your conscience during your passage, and I'll respect you for your ideals but not your common sence.
My anti-war sentiment does not include dying like a rabbit. I'll do and have done everything I can to avoid fighting but I will not surrender my life or my childrens to quiet pacifism in the face of certain death. Your own good book speaks to just that issue, does it not? Of course it does.

I have to say I'm with the beaver on that point. While I don't support war... if someone brings it to my doorstep despite my attempts, I'm going to fight.

and as long as there are those that can justify killing someone.....for any reason....... things will remain the same.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Here is my 2 cents worth!

After the 2.WW the Germans were asked, "why didn't you stop Hitler? Why didn't you at least protest? You are all liars when you say you didn't know what was happening in the concentration camps. You are all guilty by quietly consenting! Your soldiers collectively are all guilty of atrocities, they could have refused. The Nazis were all criminals and murderers.... the greatest evil of all times!!!"
The Canadians of that time sacrificed themselves to stop Germany from replacing England as the World Empire!
Now the Canadians fight against an obscure, imaginary enemy, because another empirical force tells them to do so!!:angryfire: We are evil and guilty by association!

Why should dark beaver not raise his voice over the atrocities America is now committing on a large scale? It may be way too late already, but at least he recognizes "The Beast" and tries to warn us.

Thank you, Beaver, for caring enough to disregard your own safety. It takes your enthusiasm, your fire of youth and your strong voice to rattle the brains of the rest of us.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
and as long as there are those that can justify killing someone.....for any reason....... things will remain the same.

I don't kid myself into thinking that the day someone shows up at my door with a gun in hand to visit atrocities upon my family, that I would just sit down and quietly let them do what they pleased. I don't know many parents who do.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Where does it say you can't ... and don't spout that lousy translation in the Seventh Commandment. Seems they did a lot of smoting....

Woof!

That didn't answer my question. Beaver says "my" book says I can...I want to know where. I already know that it doesn't, and in fact says the opposite.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't kid myself into thinking that the day someone shows up at my door with a gun in hand to visit atrocities upon my family, that I would just sit down and quietly let them do what they pleased. I don't know many parents who do.

There's a differece between fighting and laying down ones life for another...and killing someone. I sure as hell wouldn't step aside and say "have at er", but on the other hand I can not see myself killing someone...period. In actuality, the "WHAT IF" argument is a strawman brought up by the weak minded when they can not justify their own murderous intent.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Actually there is no difference at all Gerryh. Claiming their is is just a strawman arguement brought up by the weak minded when they cannot justify their own cowardice and lack of care for their loved ones.

Fighting and laying down your life does nothing unless you are willing to kill. If you aren't willing to kill me, and Im willing to kill you, you have no option to stop me.

Your only hope is getting someone else to be willing to kill me (like a soldier, police officer or someone else in your family willing to protect their loved ones). But then you are still willing to kill me, just not willing to dirty your hands yourself.

If you aren't willing to kill someone to protect your loved ones, you aren't willing to protect your loved ones who depend on you for safety. With such "Cowardly intent" what right have you to be in the care of those who need you?

I wouldn't call people who love their families "weak minded" and "murderous" unless your willing to look in a mirror about yourself.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Naw, the words were "good book".... Geez, your so focussed on being right you're not even quoting yourself accurately.

Woof!

here are his exact words

Your own good book speaks to just that issue, does it not? Of course it does.

SO again, I want to know where it states I can kill someone.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Actually there is no difference at all Gerryh. Claiming their is is just a strawman arguement brought up by the weak minded when they cannot justify their own cowardice and lack of care for their loved ones.

Fighting and laying down your life does nothing unless you are willing to kill. If you aren't willing to kill me, and Im willing to kill you, you have no option to stop me.

Your only hope is getting someone else to be willing to kill me (like a soldier, police officer or someone else in your family willing to protect their loved ones). But then you are still willing to kill me, just not willing to dirty your hands yourself.

If you aren't willing to kill someone to protect your loved ones, you aren't willing to protect your loved ones who depend on you for safety. With such "Cowardly intent" what right have you to be in the care of those who need you?

I wouldn't call people who love their families "weak minded" and "murderous" unless your willing to look in a mirror about yourself.

Your opinion only and it doesn't concur with mine...oh well.... ask me if I give a crap. My opinion, you kill someone, it's murder...end of discussion.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I believe it says an eye for an eye gerry, or a victim for a victim if you will.

I believe the OT states that....that wouldn't be "my" good book. Try again, and this time try not to thrust someone elses religious belief system on me.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There's a differece between fighting and laying down ones life for another...and killing someone. I sure as hell wouldn't step aside and say "have at er", but on the other hand I can not see myself killing someone...period. In actuality, the "WHAT IF" argument is a strawman brought up by the weak minded when they can not justify their own murderous intent.

I know what you are saying, what makes you think I really want to kill anybody? It is in no way a what if situation gerry Canada is at war, and it will expand, greatly, I believe Mr Bush in that respect, Pakistan and Iran are next, the entire region will be filled to the brime with western good intentions even if it kills every last one of them. Leave my weak mind alone and repair your own.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Whatever of the good books is yours that passage and others is in it.

See, this is why those that don't have a clue, should stay away from trying quote or paraphrase someones "good book". You REALLY don't know anything about the bible, maybe try educating yourself ( I know it's a long shot, but what the hell) before you try "quoting" anymore.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
See, this is why those that don't have a clue, should stay away from trying quote or paraphrase someones "good book". You REALLY don't know anything about the bible, maybe try educating yourself ( I know it's a long shot, but what the hell) before you try "quoting" anymore.

Hey rude boy, I used to own a bible, and I actually read it cover to cover, you know what, it was a long tedious read, full of good intentions gerry. I know you can;'t fix the world with it, I know you can't cure disease or stop war with it, I know many who belong pay no attention to it no matter what day it is, I know the millions who have died in war for it, I know it in no way can make a bad man good, in fact I know where it came from when it was edited what languages it was written in, the historys of it's authors, where and when original copys were found and most of the works from the same period that were included and those that were excluded and why. S o gerry there is a chance that I may know considerably more about it than you do, but you just keep leaping on my back all you want in contrevention of the words you suppose you keep ok.