Why do not all see God?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Or when an arc can be seen from wire to wire. Of course there is also lightening and the Tesla coil that demonstrate electricity in an observable state quite nicely. Maybe that was just a poor choice on your part to compare God with electricity.

God is a belief held by some and that's fine. Only when someone comes along who wants to make me believe what they believe that problems in this relationship arise. A bit like now actually.

So maybe another question along this line is, what is the matter with you?

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
You don't have to be able to see a force or power to believe in it, look at gravity.

Using gravity as an example, I can understand the probable outcomes of actions and understand its effects on things without seeing it... I may even make decisions based on what I understand of gravity (say if something is too steep, I can see that the slope is probably going to be a little too slippery given the angle of incline and my weight and centre of gravity)

IF I drop a chocolate bar and decide that chocolate bars are evil then go and attempt to stop people from eating chocolate bars based on the fact that I feel gravity has forbidden their consumption based on the fact that I interpreted the actions of gravity on the chocolate bar (which I dropped) as an expression of it's obviously universal will, well that's different.

HOWEVER if it starts instructing you on fine points

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
God is a belief held by some and that's fine. Only when someone comes along who wants to make me believe what they believe that problems in this relationship arise. A bit like now actually.

Nobody is forcing you to read or even enter into this thread. You are doing that of your own accord.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Mmmmm....Grilled Rueben Sandwich....

Oh yeah....maybe this God chooses not to be seen?8O

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
...oh, gravity's told me some of its finer points a few times ... or do you mean the chocolate bar?

A little of both I suppose ;)

I also must admit to having some magical lessons taught to me at the invisible hand of gravity, although the only proclamations it has elicited from me are along the lines of "You are NOT climbing that tree when you're this drunk" and/or "if you don't land this BANG on you know your groin is gonna hit the crossbar HARD right??"

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
:roll:, and I'm called a troll.

it's not trolling to call someone things like 'delusional' if you think you're right, remember?

Welcome to the forum sridatta. While I don't especially care for evangelical posting from either side, and will likely avoid your religious posting, I'm sorry you got the welcome you did, and look forward to reading from you on other issues.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
More like corned beef.

Yum. A little mustard, and some mayo. Whole grain is best, I think.
Rye. Maille Dijon, iceberg lettuce, havarti cheese, dill pickle on the side. :D And preferable home corned brisket.
Reubens are awesome, too.