Why did God choose the men to be Prophet?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The author of the Gospel of John and Revelations was also a woman, Mary of Bethany. The RCC tried to make it an all boys club. Mary, the mother of Jesus and her cousin Elizabeth were both Daughters of Aaron, brother of Moses. There are a few more examples, such as are the 24 Elders 12 OT Prophets and their wives or is it 24 men alone?
Are you saying Jesus and Moses lived at the same time or within 100 years of each other? That sentence doesn't make sense at all.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It does if one also believes the Earth is only 6,000 years old.
Yes, but Htz doesn't. But then, he also believes that the the flood story was about snow, not rain. Go figure.

Moses was of the tribe of Levi.

Mary was descended of the tribe of Judah (Luke 3) - therefore, not related to Aaron.
Yes, well, most of the time he is farting in the wind.

I thought we discussed this on another thread a long while ago - that there are numerous prophetesses in the Bible:

Female prophets: Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, Noadiah, Anna

This negates the idea that men are preferred because of their greater "power" because the power of prophecy and the ability to carry it to the people are given by the Holy Spirit. That is, divine power, not personal power.
Maybe so, but Selin was referring to the Koran, I'm pretty sure.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Maybe so, but Selin was referring to the Koran, I'm pretty sure.

Ah, ok.

But the Koran refers to the Bible as THE BOOK meaning that it is held sacred in that religion. Therefore, Islam must recognize the important roles assigned to women in all religious functions.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ah, ok.

But the Koran refers to the Bible as THE BOOK meaning that it is held sacred in that religion. Therefore, Islam must recognize the important roles assigned to women in all religious functions.
I don't know enough about it but I assume she does. She lives with it every day.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
this is a real creepy discussion,i rate this discussion a 2 for realistic conversation,maybe a 1,you people are hilarious.

you need to go back to the classroom.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why did God choose the men to be Prophet?

*there are some comments, one of them is :"... because , men are more powerful than women"

Prophets are said to have had some miracles granted by God, then why did God not grant some miracles to women to be more powerful as well?

Men are more suited to be prophet than women, the inferior, weaker gender.

Being a prophet involved meeting people secretly and openly; moving throughout the land; confronting liars and establishing proof against them and debating with them; preparing and leading armies; and going through the sufferings of war. All of that is suitable for men but not for women.

The role of a prophet demands that the prophet should be in charge of those who follow him, so he issues commands and prohibitions to his followers, and he rules and judges among them. If a woman were entrusted with such tasks, she would not be able to do them properly, and there would be people who would refuse to follow and obey her.

Masculinity is just more perfect than femininity. Muslims believe that Allah said that women are lacking in reason and religious commitment.

Women have to cope with things that prevent them from doing many tasks, such as menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth, which is accompanied by psychological stresses and pains, in addition to the care that is required by the child. All of that prevents her from being able to fulfil the role of Messenger and carrying out its duties.

All the prophets in Christianity, Judaism and Islime are all male. 99% of the Hindu gods are male.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You don't get laid a lot (by women) do you

Mr Selin wanted an answer and I provided it for him.

Where's the problem?

In fact, I'm the only one on this thread to have provided a proper, truthful answer.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
In fact, I'm the only one on this thread to have provided a proper, truthful answer.

"Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time. She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided. (Judges 4:4-5 NIV)

Ludlow identified this OT female prophet on this first page of this thread.

"There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem." (Luke 2:36-38 NIV)

Another female prophet identified in the NT.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Mr Selin wanted an answer and I provided it for him.

Where's the problem?

You're so dense, you didn't even notice that Selin is female even after I posted a picture of her wedding. You are nowhere near as intelligent as you think you are Blackhead.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Phillip's daughters in the New Testament prophesied and they were teenagers. Again, their so called "power" supposedly comes from the Holy Spirit and is not driven by human power.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Men are more suited to be prophet than women, the inferior, weaker gender.

Being a prophet involved meeting people secretly and openly; moving throughout the land; confronting liars and establishing proof against them and debating with them; preparing and leading armies; and going through the sufferings of war. All of that is suitable for men but not for women.

The role of a prophet demands that the prophet should be in charge of those who follow him, so he issues commands and prohibitions to his followers, and he rules and judges among them. If a woman were entrusted with such tasks, she would not be able to do them properly, and there would be people who would refuse to follow and obey her.

Masculinity is just more perfect than femininity. Muslims believe that Allah said that women are lacking in reason and religious commitment.

Women have to cope with things that prevent them from doing many tasks, such as menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth, which is accompanied by psychological stresses and pains, in addition to the care that is required by the child. All of that prevents her from being able to fulfil the role of Messenger and carrying out its duties.

All the prophets in Christianity, Judaism and Islime are all male. 99% of the Hindu gods are male.
this is a good thing for you,and your followers,i am excited you are excited,but in my world this type of talk is defined a silly talk.that would be silly with a capital s and talk with a capital t.