Why ask for help then?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It seems like it is an attempt to stop a trickle of water when right beside it the dam has already been in failure mode for more than 100 years. The Fed Government runs the show and any attempt to paint it otherwise is a sham. Throwing money at 'the problem' is part of the problem, the solution is to give them all a tour of the whole world then they can see the 'scope of the problem' rather than the current solution which is to erases any traces of their heritage without giving them full rights in society. Put restriction on that integration and the full blame is put in the Indians as designed.

Will hearts be good enough or will wallets be required?
This is the free world, mess up a little and you pay a lot of bucks through the court system. (until you get too big to fail)

Based on population numbers how much higher is that compared to the rset of Canadian Society?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I know the true identities of a few members on this board but the rest, who knows. Assumptions could prove embarrassing.

flossy could be indian female, bornruff a transgender mesopotamian, cliffy an asian, eaglesmack a mexican and I could be black. ya never know. :lol:

You're right.

What will the wallet do?

I don't know, but some become super concerned with their wallets when the word Native is mentioned

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
yep.

From the response here alone I can see why First Nations have such a hard time being heard. White people have this huge defense knee jerk reaction here in Canada when it comes to Natives. It was the same for blacks during the 50`s and 60`s. Hopefully the next generation of white people will not respond with their ego but with their hearts.

Sorry for your misunderstanding of the basics regarding this nonsense. Their lives are chit because they patterned it that way themselves.

You cannot as a people demand caretaking and in the very next breath demand self-determination; it's gotta be ~ ONE OR THE OTHER!

Suckling on your mothers teat precludes you getting to ask for the keys to the car Saturday night.

We've made promises we haven't kept, but while doing so carries guilt, so too does the taking whatever largesse offered and squandering it irresponsibly while ignoring the normal requisites of child rearing and moral imperatives. They don't get to claim their teen-agers are all heading to the big smoke to become prostitutes and druggies because we didn't put enough zeros on a cheque.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Cause Natives and taxes always comes up as a reason to treat them like sh it.

Poking holes in First Nations taxation mythology | rabble.ca

Now there is a biased OP-ED. Misses completely the huge amount of tax dollars syphoned out of our wallets for The Native industry. Did you know that contrary to what your source indicates status indians do not pay GST on new vehicles. Or cigarettes, or gas, or..... Or school taxes. That is paid for them by the feds that get their money from guess where?