Why anti-Americanism is as Canadian as maple syrup

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I think not said:
[Of course it isn't ALL Canadians, that would be a silly things to say. Our estimates place it at 70% of the population.

I know it isn't ALL Canadians, but you responded as such, twice.

[quote="Ithinknot]There has been a statistic done in all provinces and territories and I didn't read it anywhere. We hired a Canadian based firm and paid them heavily for the information. You and those around you may not be anti-American but it exists. I see it everyday in all aspects of Canadian society. Sorry but its true.[/quote]

I'm not denying anti-Americanism exists, I see it too. I also see Americans say horrible things about Canadians which may influences some of the t'due. And please don't presume the need tell me what's true and what isn't, since I don't take the liberty of telling you how things work in America.

What were some of the questions on the surveys taken, and why was it undertaken by you in the first place?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I think not said:
[Of course it isn't ALL Canadians, that would be a silly things to say. Our estimates place it at 70% of the population.

Said1 said:
I know it isn't ALL Canadians, but you responded as such, twice.

Wrong way to express it. I retract.

Said1 said:
I'm not denying anti-Americanism exists, I see it too. I also see Americans say horrible things about Canadians which may influences some of the t'due. And please don't presume the need tell me what's true and what isn't, since I don't take the liberty of telling you how things work in America.

I think I was precise in stating which Americans say the horrible things that they do about Canadians. I'm not telling YOU anything, the posts are open for everyone to read.

Said1 said:
What were some of the questions on the surveys taken, and why was it undertaken by you in the first place?

Sorry I cannot answer that except that its done for research purposes for providing educational grants to Canadian students and to gather information on US/Canadian relations for a documentary.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
mrmom2 said:
We were :p ITN in another thread about being a US intelligence spook Said1 :wink:

The internet if a funny way to come in contact with people you otherwise never would in a million years. I post at an very conservatibe American board quite often and I'm the ONLY Canadian. Strange but true.
Great group of people, although a little nutty about some things. :)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is the first time I read this article. What the writer describes is identical to what we see in this forum in a lot of the posters.

It was very interesting. Thanks ITN. I think it is amazing that you are somewhat of a liberal with you being a member or former member of the ACLU.

I am I correct in stating that? I thought I read that before.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Why anti-Americanism is as Canadian as maple syrup

EagleSmack said:
This is the first time I read this article. What the writer describes is identical to what we see in this forum in a lot of the posters.

It was very interesting. Thanks ITN. I think it is amazing that you are somewhat of a liberal with you being a member or former member of the ACLU.

I am I correct in stating that? I thought I read that before.

I'm not a Liberal and I am member of the ACLU

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I think not said:
[I think I was precise in stating which Americans say the horrible things that they do about Canadians. I'm not telling YOU anything, the posts are open for everyone to read.

Good grief, did I forget this wasn't pm again? :rolleyes:

Sorry I cannot answer that except that its done for research purposes for providing educational grants to Canadian students and to gather information on US/Canadian relations for a documentary.

Sweet, unsubstaniated statistics. Whatever.

@MrMom: RUN, HE'S NOT AN AMERICAN SPY, HE'S MICHAEL MOORE

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Are you also dyslexic?

I am kidding with you of course.

Funny story. At the local pub this guy was saying...

"Hmmm... I can write just as good with my left hand as I can with my right. What does that make me.... dyslexic?"

He's not the tsethgirb... errrr.... brightest guy in town,

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

EagleSmack said:
Are you also dyslexic?

"Hmmm... I can write just as good with my left hand as I can with my right. What does that make me.... dyslexic?"

My friend had asked me one time if I had seen one of those snow making machines they use on ski hills....ya know, a zambonie. :D

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Back in the days of the CBC Forum I read a posting from a guy that stated... it was awhile ago so I hope I get the story right.... that an Canadian was being harrassed in Saudi by a group of men as they thought he was American. He said he was Canadian and they let him go. Then we got to the Canadian rumor of Americans wearing Canadian flags abroad so they won't get messed with. Then a Canadian fellow spoke out along the lines.

"How dare they do that. If I saw an American saying he's Canadian to get out of a jam I would go right up to them and tell them he's an American."

I was sort of stunned that the hatred ran so deep. But one Canadian fellow responded

"Would you want him (the American) dead or just beaten senseless? Just curious."

There was no need to respond after that reply.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

EagleSmack said:
Back in the days of the CBC Forum I read a posting from a guy that stated... it was awhile ago so I hope I get the story right.... that an Canadian was being harrassed in Saudi by a group of men as they thought he was American. He said he was Canadian and they let him go. Then we got to the Canadian rumor of Americans wearing Canadian flags abroad so they won't get messed with. Then a Canadian fellow spoke out along the lines.

"How dare they do that. If I saw an American saying he's Canadian to get out of a jam I would go right up to them and tell them he's an American."

I was sort of stunned that the hatred ran so deep. But one Canadian fellow responded

"Would you want him (the American) dead or just beaten senseless? Just curious."

There was no need to respond after that reply.

I was stunned to see Americans hate Canadians so much.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Geeeez if you think we hate you so much then WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING HERE :? There are plenty of boards were you can all tell each other how much we hate you down there in the US I'm tired of you guys whining about this get over it :p Your country is pretty much hated around the world quit blaming us for your goverment policy failures :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ah I see, when there are 4000 posts a day talking about the ME and Iraq and Bush and the Police state, its fine and dandy.

Try and change a topic and we're not welcomed.

Fine.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think not said:
Ah I see, when there are 4000 posts a day talking about the ME and Iraq and Bush and the Police state, its fine and dandy.

Try and change a topic and we're not welcomed.

Fine.

Exactly.... BRAVO!

If we agreed with them... we'd be "good guys".... enlightened Americans.

But since we do not...

"GET LOST YOU UGLY AMERICAN NAZI PIGS!"

(hint of sarcasm of course.)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Said1 said:
EagleSmack said:
Are you also dyslexic?

My friend had asked me one time if I had seen one of those snow making machines they use on ski hills....ya know, a zambonie. :D

THAT was funny.