Who can really argue with the basic philosophy if you are not Christian, of Jesus –

Who can really argue with the basic philosophy of Jesus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I've had a good sampling and can infer that about the larger group.

Don't embarrass yourself or insult the intelligence of others that post here. There is over 35,000 different Christian denominations and it is quite clear from the statements you have made that you do not have a good sampling at all.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Don't embarrass yourself or insult the intelligence of others that post here. There is over 35,000 different Christian denominations and it is quite clear from the statements you have made that you do not have a good sampling at all.

So your sampling is better? :lol:

Fail... lmao

Thanks for playing ;-)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So your sampling is better?

Nope, that's the point. I understand that thousands of different organizations have thousands of different views and that individuals within each different organization may have different views. That is why I don't use the term "most".

This really isn't that difficult of a concept to understand you know.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I look at religion as organized crime: a fleecing of the gullible and lazy.

I see spirituality as an individual search for the truth (which is, of course, subjective to the seeker and does not necessitate the existence of gods).
Truth is all around if we could but open our eyes. Everything ever written has a smattering of truth in it but to say that a book that contains some truth is the only source of truth is to say that this glass of water is the only water on the planet.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:cool: Hey, just don't kill anyone, or bang the broad next door if her husband is in the Satan's Choice, or throw rocks unless you can catch, or take something that's not yours, or covet yer neighbours' ass, (see rule 2), or his ox, even, or take more than a couple wimmen at the same time, less you have lots of money, an, do unto others - first, eh, but do it nicely, so you won't mind when it comes back, or if you do it un-nicely, be prepared for it to come back, don't kick kittens or puppies, love yer neighbour as yerself (again, rule 2), don't take money OFF the collection plate, don't commit adultery........and tell, don't lie, cheat or steal....from me, work hard at whatever you decide to work at, but don't use a gun working a bank........

OK, thems the rules. Obey them and everything will be ok..........We need a guy named Jesus for this!!??

:tard:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
What if she has a really, really nice ass?

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours ass....................read it and weep. Covet at yer peril.

Actually it's 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's bla bla bla, nor his ox, nor his ass.........nor anything that is his.

And who wants anything to do with an ox??

OK, **** it, ass is ok to covet.

Gotta have SOME fun.

The rest is ritten in stone eh.

Be good.

:cool:(everybody wants to go to heaven. nobody wants to die)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What do you think the true-believer Christian is Spade? Like you I believe in peace, charity, forgiveness, brotherhood. I'm a major believer in those things. So is my husband and our sons and their families. We are all christians. We all believe in God/Jesus Christ. You have seen me quote more than once that Jesus is "the word" (God) made flesh. You also know that while I am a christian, I also believe that all people who believe in God believe in the same God no matter what we choose to call Him. We have also all talked about organized religion. There is a problem with organized religion. It has a wide open door for people to abuse the church - any church. People perform so many horrendous deeds in the name of religion so it gives churches a bad name. That's a shame. Once a safe haven and now a good chance of a place to begin a holy war (Jihad) depending on where you live and who is in control of the church (synagogue, temple etc.)

I.P.- There's Christians and then there's "Christians" (hypocrites) many of which you'll find in church every Sunday giving lip service.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Cliffy

I look at religion as organized crime: a fleecing of the gullible and lazy.

I see spirituality as an individual search for the truth (which is, of course, subjective to the seeker and does not necessitate the existence of gods).
Truth is all around if we could but open our eyes. Everything ever written has a smattering of truth in it but to say that a book that contains some truth is the only source of truth is to say that this glass of water is the only water on the planet.

Point – And that is what you see with your eyes so are they opened or have you surrendered and closed them to change? – Religion as some sort of basis for all the worlds ill – not the man or the woman behind it

Agree or disagree – Fact is opinion based upon your individual perception of what happened?

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours ass....................read it and weep. Covet at yer peril.

Actually it's 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's bla bla bla, nor his ox, nor his ass.........nor anything that is his. "

This is to not even desire. We must be free of the desire, even, to have anothers belongings.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
"Agree or disagree – Fact is opinion based upon your individual perception of what happened? "

Fact is what happened and opinion is based on individual preception of the facts.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
"Agree or disagree – Fact is opinion based upon your individual perception of what happened? "

Fact is what happened and opinion is based on individual preception of the facts.

Agree or disagree -
Perception – can be and is generally but not always combined with, personal bias, prejudice, personal agenda to name a few qualifiers which we all have so that the opinion or conclusion arrived at of the events that transpired that then becomes the reality and therefore fact to that individual.

Why do so many believe the Holocaust to be fiction - Wackos I must say are everywhere

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
How can you pick one part to agree with and another to disagree with!?!?!?! What the hell would you use as a basis - oh don't tell me - that paedophile told you all this crap :roll:

This indicates your equivocation.

While that which I meant is very clear:

First: Concerning Jesus Christ:
Jesus said many true parables and that the First Commandment is the most important of all the commandments.

Whereas many other words he did not say, but were fabricated and attributed to him: that he said such words, while in fact he did not, and such fabricated teachings were introduced in the available Gospels.

Such fabricated words are like: he is the son of God, or he is God Himself, or that he is part of a Trinity, or the redemption from the primary sin.

And why should he be different from all the apostles of God who invited people to follow God alone? And anyone obeys them, he in fact would obey God Himself, and would prosper.

This is in the Quran 4: 80

مَّنْ يُطِعِ الرَّسُولَ فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللّهَ وَمَن تَوَلَّى فَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ عَلَيْهِمْ حَفِيظًا

The explanation:
(Whoso obeys the messenger [and is ready to fight in the way of God], obeys God [because the messenger works according to the command of God.]

But whoso turns away [from him and does not fight, We shall punish him;] then We have not sent you [Mohammed] to protect them [from the punishment.] )
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Second: About Prophet Mohammed:
About what you insist to Prophet Mohammed that he was a pedophile; this isn't true; all his wives were sexually mature. There are some fabricated traditions contrary to this; there is nothing like that in the Quran, but such traditons are only some false traditions, and Mohammed married his wives according to their free choice, and he did not rape any girl or woman and did never commit any adultery or fornication.

God said to him in the Quran 68: 4

وَإِنَّكَ لَعَلى خُلُقٍ عَظِيمٍ

The explanation:
(And surely you have an excellent morality.)

man-after-death.t35.com
quranandhebrewbible.t35.com/

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why do so many believe the Holocaust to be fiction - Wackos I must say are everywhere

Goober,

100 million aboriginal Americans died in the first hundred years of the European invasion. Nobody talks about that but many have said I'm a liar for saying it even after i revealed the source of that information. And yet everybody has an opinion about 6 million Jews dying under Nazi occupation. Really, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the "Holocaust" while everybody ignores the one our ancestors wrought upon the Amerindians.

It is so much easier to point a finger at someone else than to look in one's own back yard.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Agree or disagree -
Perception – can be and is generally but not always combined with, personal bias, prejudice, personal agenda to name a few qualifiers which we all have so that the opinion or conclusion arrived at of the events that transpired that then becomes the reality and therefore fact to that individual.

opinion or conclusion arrived at of the events that transpired that then becomes the individuals interpetation of the facts thereby becoming their reality. The fact is a fact. Once it has happened it has happened it is history. From there it is bent and twisted by each person until the can live with the fact.

Why do so many believe the Holocaust to be fiction. Because they can't live with the fact that what their forefathers did was wrong. The 'fact' is that many jews were killed. They likely want to put new name on it, because Holocaust is unpopular or distastful. Kind of like painting a Chevy, Hummer Yellow and calling it a Hummer.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Nope, that's the point. I understand that thousands of different organizations have thousands of different views and that individuals within each different organization may have different views. That is why I don't use the term "most".

I don't think you should use the term "most" since, apparently, you don't know what a generalization means.

This really isn't that difficult of a concept to understand you know.

I do know and apparently it is giving you a lot of difficulty.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009

Goober,

100 million aboriginal Americans died in the first hundred years of the European invasion. Nobody talks about that but many have said I'm a liar for saying it even after i revealed the source of that information. And yet everybody has an opinion about 6 million Jews dying under Nazi occupation. Really, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the "Holocaust" while everybody ignores the one our ancestors wrought upon the Amerindians.

It is so much easier to point a finger at someone else than to look in one's own back yard.

I think the people in control are trying to do it to anything that is in disagreement with agenda. That is the first time I had heard that high of a number for the American Indian Cliffy, but am not surprised - although it just casts more light on the idea of "who can we really trust?". I went back to college in the mid 90's and was in a medical program with some pretty smart young ladies just out of high school. The topic of genecide came up in class one day and it dawned on me that not one of them had been taught a sngle thing about that part of our World history - not one of them - from across the country. I talk to adults about the bounty that the government had put on the natives on Newfoundland - and they are shocked to hear it - no one talks of that.

With the right lobby groups and a few $1 000 you can change history. They say history always repeats itself - that might be because it may be all fictious and written for us to enact.