Where are the Grammar Police When You Need Them?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"Where are the Grammar Police When You [sic] Need Them?"

I believe the above should read: " Where are the Grammar Police When One Needs Them?"

Grammar Constable Spade

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Where are the Grammar Police When You [sic] Need Them?"

I believe the above should read: " Where are the Grammar Police When One Needs Them?"

Grammar Constable Spade

Hey Spade - why would a guy who connects "chew" to "locomotive" be concerned about grammar?.................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
There is no nit picking like nit pickers of spelling and grammar. These are not official documents - they are hastily written posts. Who cares about grammar! A lot of what is stated here is written in jest and spelling and grammar just do not count. Once it starts it always turns to insults.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
inkowit realybugs me too

who is Inkowit anyways?

There is no nit picking like nit pickers of spelling and grammar.

It only really bothers me when it's in the newspaper...or published. Like when a company pays you and their own company name is spelt wrong...ah, it makes me laugh...but then it makes me wonder....

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
who is Inkowit anyways?

It only really bothers me when it's in the newspaper...or published. Like when a company pays you and their own company name is spelt wrong...ah, it makes me laugh...but then it makes me wonder....
I agree about the newspapers and it's in news articles on line as well and in places where it's obvious they didn't even take the time to spell check. Sometimes it's just horrible and makes you wonder how the person got the job!!:lol: