When you were a little kid...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol. Karrie, you're a sadist. You should tell him. If he didn't figure it out, I would have thought your mum would have and told him. :D

Just occurred to me that I could have used someone like you around to combat my little sister's tendency to be a blabbermouth. 8O

lol. I'm sure it will come up one day as most things do in our family... drinks in the hot tub. :)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
One time I thought I'd be helpful and wash the kitchen floor while parents were out. I had a better method for doing it though. Instead of using a mop and bucket and scrubbrush, I used garden hose and vacuum cleaner: soak floor and then suck up the stuff with vacuum. :D (There were no such things as wet/dry vacuums back then).

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
This is a bit of random, pick-me-up kinda thread. Post stupid/funny things you thought/did/said as a child.

When I was really little, I used to feed my sister poo. (It's disgusting I know).

When I was little I used to walk around in my dad's huge shoes with no clothes on except giant socks. I did this everyday, I don't know why.

I fed my sister plant food.

I thought that boys were most definitely another species, and there was no way that us girls, so perfect, could be related in any way to boys.

Not very funny I know.. I'm thinking though.

Is your sister still alive?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
When I was 8, I was very pouty and grumpy cause my best friend across the lane went out for the
day, and her mom wouldn't let me go with them.
While they were gone I went into their yard and pulled all of their cauliflower out of the ground and
placed them all over their porch.
I thought noone would know who did it, and it would be a big puzzle, but all the time I was pulling
them out, the other neighbour was watching me from her kitchen, oops
It was a very out of character thing for me to do, but looking back now, I'm glad there is something
a "little nasty" that I did at least once, cause "other than that" I was kind of a goody goody.
When I saw her mother the next day, she just looked over at me and wagged her finger and shook
her head.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I used to say iw as going to be a research scientist. Weird actually cos i forgot about it until i realised i was one

When I was a kid I used to say that I am going to be a Princess when I grow up. And it was very serious for me, it was my chosen career. My mother's colleagues nicknamed her "The Princess' Mother". My Grandfather, who was a convinced Communist, kept trying to talk me out of it, explaining to me that all princesses were bad and that we chased them away after the revolution. I listened to him, and never argued, but when he finished his speech, and asked me: tell me, what to do you now want to be when you grow up? I always replied - a Princess. It used to drive him mad :) I still want to be a princess, in my heart of hearts. No chance for it now, though... :laughing7:

And when I was about six years old, I really enjoyed reading Greek legends. And one day I told a friend of mine about Medusa, the one with snakes instead of hair. It scared her so much, that she couldn't sleep all night, crying with fear. She still rememebers this story, to this day :)

Last edited:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Wow I remember being a kid but don't have any funny stories, guess I held out until my teens.
must of been an agel back then.......:angel12:

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
I have a memory as a child.. I must have been very, very young, because I know I wasn't talking at the time, and I was an extremely early talker. I was being carried into a hotel restaurant by my Father. I don't know if my parents were regular patrons of the hotel, but they certainly must have known the staff because several members of staff, (or so it seemed to me) came up to see me... I think I was being introduced as kinda 'our baby,' I don't know. In any event, the waitresses were all wearing stiff card or starched caps, that seemed to stand up upon their heads... Although I was 'pre-speech' age, I clearly remember thinking that these caps must be slotted into holes in their heads, and promptly started to howl the place down, in horror at the thought of people having holes in their heads. Everyone started to laugh which only accelerated my fear to new heights of terror; it seemed to me that these people not only had holes in the tops of their heads, but also large gaping, bright red, shiney mouths, (lipstick) Moreover, my parents seemed to find the whole scenario highly amusing, and I was even more confused that they were not frightened either, I was simply traumatised at the time. Thankfully, as I grew up, I learned about hairgrips and lipstick! lol

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
My uncles told me the tooth fairy lived at this house that had a crushed white stone driveway. That's what she does with the teeth. Did you know that?

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I remember I used to throw my toys out of our 5 story apartment into the lawn of the house next door. I even remember doing it right as my dad said "Don't you dare!" just to spite him. In that same apartment, he used to tell me to not play by the dumpster.. I never knew why until one day, I walked over there in barefeet and got cut on a piece of glass. I didn't want my dad to find out, so instead of crying I quietly went to the apartment next to ours and asked them for a bandaid. I was only 3 then.. my dad was kinda lazy and never looked after us. I'm surprised I didnt' get poisened...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When I was a kid I didn't understand why the government didn't build a giant fan over the Vancouver Lower Mainland to get rid of the clouds and rain.

They did, but it runs backwards....instead of blowing clouds away it brings more in....:)