What's Your New-year's Resolution?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes, I am.

EUREKA!

I have the perfect solution for your woes....

Make every day a sweet one with a deliciously flavored ***smoke Chocolate nicotine cartridge. A Valentines Day treat for everyday of the week; our Chocolate flavor is a tasty delight that’s sure to please. The perfect combination of sweet and smoky, try our fine Chocolate flavor today.

A candy bar without the calories, all the delicious chocolaty flavor your mouth can handle without seeing the dentist. If you haven't tried a chocolate electronic cigarette now is your chance to experience the ***smoke difference.

All cartridges are available in nicotine free, 0mg, 6mg., 12mg., 18mg., and 24mg., per nicotine. As with all nicotine products, the length of each individual’s puffs and other user specific variations may enhance or decrease the longevity of the cartridge. Our products are designed to be the longest lasting, most reliable, and easiest to use. As always, all ***smoke electronic cigarettes come with a limited 1-year warranty, a 30-day money back guarantee, and an encrypted checkout to make sure your transaction is safe and secure -- so shop with confidence, shop with ***smoke.

Maybe I'm not so cruel after all?
I have the e-cigs. So far I've stayed away from the nicotine cartridges but then I've not had all that much luck so far either. I'm wondering if I should be maybe using the nicotine cartridges and try weaning myself out of the habit first.

Sigh, or maybe I'm just setting myself up to fail. Again.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Weaning off is the only way to go because you are trying to curtail an addiction that is chemical and physical.

Patches, gum, Champix and e smokes do nothing to reduce the physical habit and routines.

You'll stop if and only when you are ready. You can't set goals, set dates or convince yourself unless you are 100% ready to stop.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Think of it...........
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
No matter how young you are.............
>
>
>
>
We're all one year closer to the retirement home.....

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Never make 'em so I never break 'em. For the year though I am going to really try to work on getting highly nutrient dense food into my body on as many days as possible.

Does anyone here have that Nutribullet thingy. I went to Canadian Tire yesterday to pick one up but they are all sold out. I've been doing fruit smoothies in the morning for a couple of months because I find it harder to consume fruit than I do veggies. I put fruit and spinach into it. Tastes decent and is easy to make and clean up, but this Nutribullet looks interesting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Never make 'em so I never break 'em. For the year though I am going to really try to work on getting highly nutrient dense food into my body on as many days as possible.

Does anyone here have that Nutribullet thingy. I went to Canadian Tire yesterday to pick one up but they are all sold out. I've been doing fruit smoothies in the morning for a couple of months because I find it harder to consume fruit than I do veggies. I put fruit and spinach into it. Tastes decent and is easy to make and clean up, but this Nutribullet looks interesting.

Vegetables are much better for you than fruit..............less sugar. Eat lots of Swiss Chard, very healthy. What's your goal? To be a wrestler?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Vegetables are much better for you than fruit..............less sugar. Eat lots of Swiss Chard, very healthy. What's your goal? To be a wrestler?
LOL... wrestling would be fine...:lol: Goal is more energy so I don't nod off at 7 and stay awake half the night. I try to always eat with health in mind. Try to keep the sodium down, keep processed foods to a minimum. My guy is a marathoner and weighs just slightly more than me...lol...I am not over weight but I could stand to be five to eight pounds less. My downfall is anything sweet. Once I get going, I have little to no control. My other problem like a lot of women is portion control especially when we eat out.

Lately I really REALLY try to cut the portion in half before I even start eating but ya know, that can be tough. I know what I SHOULD being doing, but doing it is a whole different thing. 8O:-(

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
LOL... wrestling would be fine...:lol: Goal is more energy so I don't nod off at 7 and stay awake half the night. I try to always eat with health in mind. Try to keep the sodium down, keep processed foods to a minimum. My guy is a marathoner and weighs just slightly more than me...lol...I am not over weight but I could stand to be five to eight pounds less. My downfall is anything sweet. Once I get going, I have little to no control. My other problem like a lot of women is portion control especially when we eat out.

Lately I really REALLY try to cut the portion in half before I even start eating but ya know, that can be tough. I know what I SHOULD being doing, but doing it is a whole different thing. 8O:-(

Try diverting your energy from cutting back on food to getting more exercise. I find if you walk 5 miles a day you don't have to worry much about what you eat. Muscle weighs more than fat, hence you can be "overweight" but still look good and healthy. I wish you luck.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
every day, remind myself of the things that I am grateful for. My wife, my son, my health. I am richer than some people that have a million dollars.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You would be surprised how much one single change in your eating habits will make you loose...
No eating after supper....Just imagine you have blood tests the next morning ......
You will wake up hungry, eat a good breakfast, and start your day the way you should.
Depending on how overweight you are, that single thing will make you loose 10 pounds in a month.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You would be surprised how much one single change in your eating habits will make you loose...
No eating after supper....Just imagine you have blood tests the next morning ......
You will wake up hungry, eat a good breakfast, and start your day the way you should.
Depending on how overweight you are, that single thing will make you loose 10 pounds in a month.

Good suggestion! One other thought, trying thinking in terms of the shape of your body rather than the weight of it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Try diverting your energy from cutting back on food to getting more exercise. I find if you walk 5 miles a day you don't have to worry much about what you eat. Muscle weighs more than fat, hence you can be "overweight" but still look good and healthy. I wish you luck.
Thanks. :thumbright:

5 miles? *falls on floor laughing*frig I'd be happy with a half hour to 40 minutes a day. That is def true about the exercise but I just don't have that kind of time when I am working. At least that's my excuse.

I have to be up by 6 at the latest to get ready for work. By the time I eat dinner I am toasted and sometimes fall asleep as soon as my **** hits the couch. I am hoping my work load will be lighter in the New Year and that I will walk during the evening. I actually don't mind walking in the winter, it's harder with the sweaty heat. But you are right it makes a huge difference. Last summer I swam almost every morning and walked almost every day before I swam. I would be out walking usually by 6:00 ish home and meet the ladies in the pool just after 7 and ate loads of food and was way more toned. Oink.

We shall see.

Good suggestion! One other thought, trying thinking in terms of the shape of your body rather than the weight of it.
very true.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My tip list

A tip I got about reading food labels is something to consider. A nutritional guru said to multiply the grams of fat by 9. The result shouldn't be more than 30% of the calories. EG if 150 calories per serving with 7 grams of fat. 7 x 9 = 65. 65/150=43% - over the 30% test.

Temperature of water is what makes the difference. Cold water burns more calories than not cold. The body has to work to warm it up.

Fruit does not fill you up. You can eat as much as you can and still feel hungry (and gain weight). Best to eat veggies.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thanks. :thumbright:

5 miles? *falls on floor laughing*frig I'd be happy with a half hour to 40 minutes a day. That is def true about the exercise but I just don't have that kind of time when I am working. At least that's my excuse.

I have to be up by 6 at the latest to get ready for work. By the time I eat dinner I am toasted and sometimes fall asleep as soon as my **** hits the couch. I am hoping my work load will be lighter in the New Year and that I will walk during the evening. I actually don't mind walking in the winter, it's harder with the sweaty heat. But you are right it makes a huge difference. Last summer I swam almost every morning and walked almost every day before I swam. I would be out walking usually by 6:00 ish home and meet the ladies in the pool just after 7 and ate loads of food and was way more toned. Oink.

We shall see.

very true.
Don't despair, 40 minutes a day is an excellent start- that's 2+ miles. Now, if you have some fairly steep hills in your neighbourhood, walk those.......that provides extra benefit for the heart. Another suggestion is walking up (and down stairs) if there is a highrise or parkade in your neighbourhood, get over there. (I've been at this for 14 years and have tried all the tricks)-:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My tip list

A tip I got about reading food labels is something to consider. A nutritional guru said to multiply the grams of fat by 9. The result shouldn't be more than 30% of the calories. EG if 150 calories per serving with 7 grams of fat. 7 x 9 = 65. 65/150=43% - over the 30% test.

Temperature of water is what makes the difference. Cold water burns more calories than not cold. The body has to work to warm it up.

Fruit does not fill you up. You can eat as much as you can and still feel hungry (and gain weight). Best to eat veggies.
I really like the % trick, I am going to check that out.

Don't despair, 40 minutes a day is an excellent start- that's 2+ miles. Now, if you have some fairly steep hills in your neighbourhood, walk those.......that provides extra benefit for the heart. Another suggestion is walking up (and down stairs) if there is a highrise or parkade in your neighbourhood, get over there. (I've been at this for 14 years and have tried all the tricks)-:)
I live on the 8th floor and used to walk up and down...now I just riiiiiiiiiiiiide the elevator...bad bad bad...